[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

1 hour ago, Chebyshov said:

Speaking of awards, the Season 6 Carol Awards are finally here: http://www.fandomfollowing.com/s6-carol-awards/

(and I'm finally a person again). Davos cleaned house. Marg got snubbed. Ah well, they're all winners in our hearts.

Excellent :drool:

On 13-7-2016 at 5:16 AM, Le Cygne said:

Poor NCW. He's trying to make sense of the story, too. And this is telling:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/arts/television/game-of-thrones-season-6-finale-jaime-lannister-interview.html?_r=0

I really feel sorry for him. It is horrible what they did to his SL. And NCW really likes the relationship between Brienne and Jaime. 

I think NCW is a very good actor. And I loved to see him. But what they did to his character ... it just makes me want to skip some of his scenes. :(

On 14-7-2016 at 1:47 PM, Aryya Stark said:

My point precisely! Now compare that to Cat when Robb was killed at the RW. Her acting was outstanding, she broke my heart. That is how a caring mother ought to act. Her desperation to try to save her last surviving son really came through.

Now let's forget about motherhood for an instance and focus on normal family relations. Even Robb as a son and not a mother, showed more emotion upon hearing news of Ned's beheading than Cersie did upon hearing of the deaths of of her children, with Tommen being her last child. Again that scene of Robb hacking at the tree with his sword and weeping was heart wrenching, we the audience identified with the real, raw human emotions...that was when the show still had a soul. 

I don't even think D&D can answer that question. I don't mind them turning Cersie  into a cold, heartless monster, devoid of all emotion but they need to show us how it happened...the process she went through...you know her character arc/development. I didn't see that on the show at all. 

Emotions do not exist. Did Bran react to Summer's death, ...? In the books Bran might indeed be someone who sort of tries to suppress some painful memories, trauma, dreams of dying family members, ... But his completely non-reaction to Summer, Hodor, ... is just not normal.  

Bran had more reaction to Ser Rodrik's than to Summer's death. 

10 hours ago, Ruhail said:

I thought Stephen Dillane's last charge as Stannis in 5x10 would have been nominated for an emmy or Alfie Allen but alas they werent.

Alfie Allen was not put on the ballot by the producers; probably because it isnt in his contract. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Tijgy said:

I really feel sorry for him. It is horrible what they did to his SL. And NCW really likes the relationship between Brienne and Jaime. 

I think NCW is a very good actor. And I loved to see him. But what they did to his character ... it just makes me want to skip some of his scenes. :(

Agreed, I can't bear to watch him anymore, nothing worse than groveling.

I see Larry won a Carol for playing season 1, episode 1 Jaime... I voted for that.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Most Anachronistic Outfit, Cheryl's Outfit of Supreme Evil!

She did have a Dr. Evil thing going on. Is Larry her Mini Me? Or a malebot.

This has me rather worried for Ser Pounce...

think Larry was supposed to look concerned, right? Which is odd, because Cheryl basically put everything he was promising her all season long into action...

13 hours ago, Chebyshov said:

think Larry was supposed to look concerned, right? Which is odd, because Cheryl basically put everything he was promising her all season long into action...

Now Benioff is calling her a monster, too. Now that her kids are gone (and that's all that "humanized her"), that "doesn't bode well for anyone." And he says even for Jaime, "it's a terrifying moment."

So they are spelling out what they didn't show. Now that Cheryl did everything Larry wanted taking back what's theirs, because they are all that matter, he's terrified. He looked more like, uh, what did you just do.

"The idea of Cersei without her children is a pretty terrifying prospect." So... terror ahead.

What is Larry going to do? That's the question. They didn't say anything about that, and NCW seems super confused (not his fault, I'm sure they didn't tell him). He had to guess what he was feeling.

If we use the books as a clue, and they do seem to keep coming back to the books eventually, he's done with her. So now that she's become Aerys, maybe he's finally going to reject her? At long last?

Also what about the Mountain. He's a manifestation of her evil. And she's using him to rape women. If he stands by, that's like saying he has come exactly nowhere in his story. Actually gone backwards.

I was thinking... I watched some of the new "People vs. OJ Simpson" show and wondered - what would this show be like if D&D wrote it?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Interior shot. The courthouse on the day of OJ's verdict. JUDGE ITO speaks.

ITO: Has the jury reached a verdict?

FOREMAN: We have, your honor. We, the jury, find the defendant, Orenthal James Simpson, to be n-

MARCIA CLARK: Wait a minute! Where's OJ?

Shot of OJ's empty chair. It is empty. There is anxious murmuring in the gallery.

ITO: Bailiff! Where's OJ? Did no one pick him to up to arrive here today?

BAILIFF: We sent some police to collect him, your honor, but his giant zombie bodyguard was there and - 

ITO: Wait a minute. OJ has a giant zombie bodyguard? No one ever mentioned this.

BAILIFF: We don't really talk about it, your honor. Anyway, when we went to arrest him, he said, "I choose violence," and then had his giant zombie bodyguard kill a policeman by ripping his head off with his bare hands.

ITO: Why didn't anyone tell me about this?

BAILIFF: I'm not sure, your honor. It didn't seem important at the time.

ITO: OJ has to be here for the verdict! Kato Kaelin!

KATO KAELIN looks up from the gallery.

ITO: Someone needs to go pick up OJ for his trial. I choose you.

KATO: But I'm a key witne-

ITO: No excuses! Go!

Cut to an interior shot. OJ is in his mansion in Brentwood. He takes a sip of wine and SMIRKS. CELLO MUSIC starts to play.

Cut to an exterior shot: the courthouse. KATO is walking across the parking lot to get in his car and pick up OJ. Suddenly, he sees a SMALL CHILD.

KATO: What a suspicious child. Never mind OJ, I'm going to follow this small child instead.

KATO follows the SMALL CHILD through a maze of alleyways. CELLO MUSIC swells.

Interior shot: A bunch of SMALL CHILDREN stab Robert Kardashian to death for some reason.

Cut to an interior shot: inside the courthouse. MARCIA CLARK speaks.

MARCIA: Does anyone else smell something burning?

Cut to an interior shot: OJ is in his mansion in Brentwood. He takes a sip of wine and SMIRKS.

Interior shot: KATO has followed the SMALL CHILD into the sewers. Suddently the SMALL CHILD stabs him and runs away. KATO notices a very slow fuse burning towards a stack of dynamite. CELLO MUSIC swells even louder.

Interior shot: inside the courthouse.

MARCIA: That burning smell is getting stronger. I'm gonna go outside for some air.

ITO: Stop her! She can't be allowed to leave for some reason.

Interior shot: KATO slowly crawls closer to the dynamite. CELLO MUSIC swells even louder for the third time.

Interior shot: OJ drinks wine and SMIRKS.

Interior shot: KATO crawls extremely slowly towards the dynamite. CELLO MUSIC swells for the fourth time, growing more dramatic, if that's even possible. KATO almost blows out the fuse, but he's too late. A giant explosion destroys the courthouse, city hall, and the entire government.

Interior shot: OJ sees the explosion and SMIRKS.

Exterior shot: The next day. There's a parade in OJ's honor. JOHNNIE COCHRAN stands up to speak.

COCHRAN: Since the explosion killed the entire government, I formally declare Orenthal James Simpson, first of his name, to be the new Mayor of Los Angeles!

CROWD: THE MAYOR OF LOS ANGELES! LONG MAY HE REIGN!

OJ raises his chin in triumph and SMIRKS.

On 20 de juliol de 2016 at 11:32 PM, Tijgy said:

Emotions do not exist. Did Bran react to Summer's death, ...? In the books Bran might indeed be someone who sort of tries to suppress some painful memories, trauma, dreams of dying family members, ... But his completely non-reaction to Summer, Hodor, ... is just not normal.  

Alfie Allen was not put on the ballot by the producers; probably because it isnt in his contract. :rolleyes:

On 20 de juliol de 2016 at 11:32 PM, Tijgy said:

Yes......that's a great interview, I will post it in JB thread. he is an splendid actor.

btw ....Ser Rodrick! Didn't remember that......now there is only death and nobody cares about anything

15 hours ago, Primalsplit said:

Is this an accurate example of the general, casual show watcher? 

Pretty much. As long as they get their "shocking" scenes, "badass" Dany scenes, "funny" Tyrion scenes, occasional nudity and CGI dragons they're happy. I'd bet that almost none of the stuff that we complain about crosses their minds, mostly because the've probably never read the books, and even if they did, they don't really think aboout it that much. GoT is a giant spectacle. A soulless, vain, empty spectacle with no substance whatsoever. But it is still a spectacle. It's very action and spceial effects heavy for a TV show, it has above the average production values and that entertains a lot of people.

Comic Con stuff.

Benioff says it's "it's still ultimately George's imagination that gave us these characters, that gave us this world." Talks about the Hodor thing. And "hopefully we're still living out the spirit of George's imagination and even though we're beyond the books, I think one thing that's fun is George's books will be very different in some respects, and the same in others, and I think hopefully both the series and the books will be surprising to people who are reading or watching or whatever it is." Asked why Ramsay is a "such a lovable scamp" Rheon says "we were discussing the character before we started shooting, he has this kind of joy in everything he does... made him a bit funnier I suppose, so he's not just some psychopath" and "he's just looking for his father's love and acceptance... everyone can relate to that" but "apart from that there's very little to like about him."

When Turner is asked if Jon and Sansa as something romantic will ever happen, she makes a face, everyone on the panel makes faces, the crowd laughs. Asked about issues if that happened, Conleth Hill says "deformed ones." Turner says they "have grown up together, they may as well be siblings, they have that sibling rivalry" and "nothing will happen." She says to Benioff and Weiss "If you make something happen, I am going to kill you. I don't want to take part." Weiss says "it hadn't occurred to us" to go there. Another question about the iron throne, Turner says she wants LF on the throne, again, everyone on the panel makes faces, Conleth Hill tells her "Shame! Shame! Shame!" and backs away from her. The crowd says no and boos, and she explains it would be "fun and quirky, sadistic, we like that kind of thing, come on, we all watch Game of Thrones" but the crowd doesn't buy it.

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

When Turner is asked if Jon and Sansa as something romantic will ever happen, she makes a face, everyone on the panel makes faces, the crowd laughs. Asked about issues if that happened, Conleth Hill says "deformed ones." Turner says they "have grown up together, they may as well be siblings, they have that sibling rivalry" and "nothing will happen." She says to Benioff and Weiss "If you make something happen, I am going to kill you. I don't want to take part." Weiss says "it hadn't occurred to us" to go there. Another question about the iron throne, Turner says she wants LF on the throne, again, everyone on the panel makes faces, Conleth Hill tells her "Shame! Shame! Shame!" and backs away from her. The crowd says no and boos, and she explains it would be "fun and quirky, sadistic, we like that kind of thing, come on, we all watch Game of Thrones" but the crowd doesn't buy it.

We are getting the equivalent of characters yelling "Jon Snow is dead" all off-season post-s5.

Lovable scamp? LOVABLE? SCAMP?

Gods be good. How could they have missed the mark that wide on Ramsay? He was no scamp, and was in no way  LOVABLE. He was a serial torturer, rapist, and murderer. He hunted women. He castrated a captive. He was a kinslayer. He was not a SCAMP.

4 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Lovable scamp? LOVABLE? SCAMP?

Gods be good. How could they have missed the mark that wide on Ramsay? He was no scamp, and was in no way  LOVABLE. He was a serial torturer, rapist, and murderer. He hunted women. He castrated a captive. He was a kinslayer. He was not a SCAMP.

SHAME. SHAME. SHAME.

On 20/7/2016 at 9:41 AM, Chebyshov said:

Speaking of awards, the Season 6 Carol Awards are finally here: http://www.fandomfollowing.com/s6-carol-awards/

(and I'm finally a person again). Davos cleaned house. Marg got snubbed. Ah well, they're all winners in our hearts.

I enjoyed the Carols a lot, as well as the commentary. Good job, girls! B)

Archived