[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

5 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Dany sure as hell wont.  People might get hurt. Ohhhhh noooooo!

Yeah, much better to try to convince a lying psychopath to do the right thing, then to trust her, and in the process, give a dragon to the enemy.

It's always better to engage the enemy with a small force in order to convince another enemy that you need help before you can engage the enemy.

7 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, much better to try to convince a lying psychopath to do the right thing, then to trust her, and in the process, give a dragon to the enemy.

It's always better to engage the enemy with a small force in order to convince another enemy that you need help before you can engage the enemy.

6 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

She seemed pretty precise with those dragon strikes before:

And here:

And here:

Agreed, if these leaks are true, this is going to look like a Mummer's Farce.

The show runners are obviously ok with the incest. Remember Myrcella version #2, She was fine with it and glad her Uncle was also her dad. Joffrey on the show knew it too, he ordered Robert's bastards killed, not like Cersei in the books. He also taunted Sansa on her wedding night. "you finaly did it", what? "you married a Lannister". He knew and did not care so long as he kept the crown and power. Tommen seems to have been the only one bothered by the rumors. Whenever he heard it, he ran and hid in fetal position. Incest is freaking bad and to promote it in such a way as love story here and there is sick, sick, sick.

I think that's more bad writing than anything else. Cersei was taunted by the commoners on the show, too ("brotherfucker!") If the spoilers are true, it's part of a montage. Like chaos is a ladder, they showed LF talking about putting chaos in motion, then look at the resulting chaos. Here they show them together, and others finding out they are related, and the wall falling.

He goes there a lot about Jaime's gradual awareness of what he's done in the books. Brienne tells him it's wrong, and in a key moment he says this: "I've lost the hand I killed the king with. The hand that flung the Stark boy from that tower. The hand I'd slide between my sister’s thighs to make her wet."

And then just before he rejects Cersei, putting her note on the fire, he dreams of the mother who told them it was wrong, too. "He dreamed they would be so strong and brave and beautiful that no one would ever laugh at them."...  A tear rolled down her cheek. The woman raised her hood again and turned her back on him.

45 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I think that's more bad writing than anything else. Cersei was taunted by the commoners on the show, too ("brotherfucker!") If the spoilers are true, it's part of a montage. Like chaos is a ladder, they showed LF talking about putting chaos in motion, then look at the resulting chaos. Here they show them together, and others finding out they are related, and the wall falling.

The original outline had a Jon/Arya love story and I doubt that would have been portrayed badly. I also highly doubt that GRRM is going to portray Jon/Dany badly in the books.

I'm sorry Sansan is never going to happen in the show, but Jon/Dany has been foreshadowed since the beginning and they're going to end up saving the world together.

5 hours ago, Tifani said:

The original outline had a Jon/Arya love story and I doubt that would have been portrayed badly. I also highly doubt that GRRM is going to portray Jon/Dany badly in the books.

I'm sorry Sansan is never going to happen in the show, but Jon/Dany has been foreshadowed since the beginning and they're going to end up saving the world together.

I'm pretty sure SanSan is a deadset certainty, they've been setting it up for 5 seasons and it's pretty much the most telegraphed romance of the books or show. Also it's based on what both characters want and heaven knows it's the most pure love story of any in the whole series, they're not related for gods sake, that makes it a dead set legend romance in my eyes when it comes to this travesty of a show!

3 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

I'm pretty sure SanSan is a deadset certainty, they've been setting it up for 5 seasons and it's pretty much the most telegraphed romance of the books or show. Also it's based on what both characters want and heaven knows it's the most pure love story of any in the whole series, they're not related for gods sake, that makes it a dead set legend romance in my eyes when it comes to this travesty of a show!

A dead set certainty? Maybe more so in the books (even though I'm not convinced it will be endgame).

But on the show lol? The arya/sandor relationship has had 50x more focus than Sansan. Sansan haven't had a scene together since season 2 and the only time either has mentioned the other was in season 4 when sandor was trying to provoke arya to kill him. we know from the leaks that they're not reunited in season 7. You really think d&d are going to pull out sansan from nowhere in the last 6 episodes of season 8? I highly doubt it. I don't think Sansa will end up with anyone on the show

6 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

They're gonna do SanSan and Gendrya in the last season. Before the leak people argued how Gendry would never reappear, still rowing after he disappeared in S3. People said "Gendry is a secondary character of no importance, and forgotten about since S3" all the time. Guess who reappears? And before last season a majority argued that Sandor was dead and that George intended the gravedigger to live out a life of solitary peace and quiet at the Quiet Isle. Both these characters return on screen, but the naysayers now argue it's just to be minced meat for wars and absolutely, totally nothing to do with either Sansa or Arya.

I find the whole "Oh, Brienne is at WF, so not going there" very contrived for S7, but it's quite obvious they're stalling both these characters for the last season to reunite with their m'ladies.

As for Jon-Dany... Dany may shrug her shoulders at it, but when in S8 Jon learns how close a kin he actually he is to Dany, he's going Last Hero imo. They telegraphed in Hardhome, in BatB and will be telegraphing in the catch-a-wight plot that Jon would rather go suicidal all by himself than be husband-to-sister/cousin/aunt.

It's the formula in the way they do it that I find so appalling - "a man", Sandor being scraed of Brienne, turning drama effect up to 20 out of 10, that makes it predictable, sappy and at best a show that's only enjoyable where you best watch a scene on its own as a youtube 2 min clip (otherwise nothing is logical except if you leave your brain someplace nowhere near the screen)

50 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

They're gonna do SanSan and Gendrya in the last season. Before the leak people argued how Gendry would never reappear, still rowing after he disappeared in S3. People said "Gendry is a secondary character of no importance, and forgotten about since S3" all the time. Guess who reappears? And before last season a majority argued that Sandor was dead and that George intended the gravedigger to live out a life of solitary peace and quiet at the Quiet Isle. Both these characters return on screen, but the naysayers now argue it's just to be minced meat for wars and absolutely, totally nothing to do with either Sansa or Arya.

I find the whole "Oh, Brienne is at WF, so not going there" very contrived for S7, but it's quite obvious they're stalling both these characters for the last season to reunite with their m'ladies.

As for Jon-Dany... Dany may shrug her shoulders at it, but when in S8 Jon learns how close a kin he actually he is to Dany, he's going Last Hero imo. They telegraphed in Hardhome, in BatB and will be telegraphing in the catch-a-wight plot that Jon would rather go suicidal all by himself than be husband-to-sister/cousin/aunt.

maybe gendrya (although I can't see anything more than a hug between them). but Sansan? LOL. there's been 0 setup for it. most casual watchers would think the writers are doing meth if they went there in season 8 as they've likely forgotten the 3 scenes they had together back in seasons 1 and 2. and most had never seen a romantic vibe in those scenes anyways considering that sophie was 13-14 then and rory in his 40's.

from the 3 most popular ships, the only one that seems to be happening is jaime/brienne and even with that i doubt it will be the type of happy ending that most shippers want.

On 27-6-2016 at 2:59 AM, Ran said:

this is not a debate thread, it's a discussion thread specifically about episode details or events that posters disliked. Posts that ignore this will be considered off-topic.

Quoting Ran to remind posters this is not a debate thread.

8 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

Agreed. GRRM keeps saying it's on the show (he did so again recently). Of all the things that I've liked about the show, their story is right up there. But there are so few bright spots on this show.

Archived