[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

13 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, that's a shame. The other panels were not like this. There's nothing amusing about saying Jon Snow is stupid and Littlefinger's sadism is cool. And the showrunners are just going along with all of this.

I think D and D are a big reason why it's like this. A lot of what they did this year has been a middle finger to George and the book fans.

10 minutes ago, The Knight in Motley said:

I think reaction videos should be considered a crime against humanity. Because they are.

I hate them too because people purposely overreact when they know they are being filmed for dramatic reactions. :dunno:

The only reaction videos that matter are the ones from the Red Wedding, period. The rest are mostly show stans wanting to goad about how "unpredictable" it is. Well, all the deaths and forced shocks have made it toally predictable. Nothing going on for the show now, in reality.

On 25/07/2016 at 10:29 PM, rosehustle1 said:

I think it's weird that anyone is truly shocked by this show at this point. It's all so predictable.

The only time the show shocks me anymore is when I happen to enjoy a scene, suffice it to say, I haven't been shocked in several seasons.

3 hours ago, Sir Drew said:

I wrote a blog post about the show the other day: https://thesongsofsirdrew.wordpress.com/2016/07/26/game-of-thrones/

Excellent Sir Drew. :thumbsup:

On 7/23/2016 at 9:18 AM, TepidHands said:

Lovable scamp? LOVABLE? SCAMP?

Gods be good. How could they have missed the mark that wide on Ramsay? He was no scamp, and was in no way  LOVABLE. He was a serial torturer, rapist, and murderer. He hunted women. He castrated a captive. He was a kinslayer. He was not a SCAMP.

Ramsay is a lovable scamp but Stannis and Jaime are "monsters".

Let it never be said D&D don't have a unique perspective.

On 7/23/2016 at 9:18 AM, TepidHands said:

Lovable scamp? LOVABLE? SCAMP?

Gods be good. How could they have missed the mark that wide on Ramsay? He was no scamp, and was in no way  LOVABLE. He was a serial torturer, rapist, and murderer. He hunted women. He castrated a captive. He was a kinslayer. He was not a SCAMP.

Yeah, that is really messed up.

7 hours ago, El Guapo said:

I hate to but in here but you people do realize that it was Rob McElhenney  who called Ramsey a loveable scamp and that it was a joke, right?

And you do realize that just before his joke, he was also somewhat justifying the way Ramsey is by saying that he was a poor troubled youth, who just wanted to make his dad proud of him, right?

On 26 July 2016 at 2:29 PM, rosehustle1 said:

I think it's weird that anyone is truly shocked by this show at this point. It's all so predictable.

I am shocked that anybody could be shocked by the show

3 hours ago, Darkstream said:

And you do realize that just before his joke, he was also somewhat justifying the way Ramsey is by saying that he was a poor troubled youth, who just wanted to make his dad proud of him?

Oh yes that Pol Pot, the loveable old scamp that he was, i so just miss him!

17 hours ago, Darkstream said:

And you do realize that just before his joke, he was also somewhat justifying the way Ramsey is by saying that he was a poor troubled youth, who just wanted to make his dad proud of him, right?

McElhenney justified it? Or Benioff and Weiss made that justification and McElhenney took that and twisted it into the joke? The latter seems more likely to me, though as much as I like Rob McElhenney and Always Sunny in general the one thing that consistently annoys me about him/them is the D&D dickriding (they even had D&D write a fucking episode of Always Sunny) so I wouldn't be totally surprised.

17 hours ago, Darkstream said:

He was not justifying anything. It was sarcasm. Sheesh.

Archived