[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

I wasn't going to watch season 6, but I am on sick leave and really bored, so I did it anyway. Now I wish I could in-see it! To be honest, I didn't really pay that much attention, I found playing spider solitaire on my phone more interesting:) There were a few things I did like, it was nice seeing Rory McCann again - I didn't need to see his floppy fish though! And Dondarrion, I do have a crush on book Dondarrion so i like seeing him. But i can't think of anything else I liked..at all. 

How did the North shrink to the size of a small village? The time and space situation is just out of control, I don't understand how much time has passed anywhere! 

Arya..I don't know what to say.. I am recovering from abdominal surgery. Not someone stabbing me repeatedly and twisting the knife. And I was treated in one of the best private hospitals in France, not by some actress who taught herself how to preform surgery. I am two weeks after surgery, and I am struggling with clipping my toe nails!! So thanks D&D for making me feel guilty about my slow recovery, apparently I should have been doing parkour on day three! Idiots!!

4 minutes ago, LordManderlyAsDragonRider said:

I wasn't going to watch season 6, but I am on sick leave and really bored, so I did it anyway. Now I wish I could in-see it! To be honest, I didn't really pay that much attention, I found playing spider solitaire on my phone more interesting:) There were a few things I did like, it was nice seeing Rory McCann again - I didn't need to see his floppy fish though! And Dondarrion, I do have a crush on book Dondarrion so i like seeing him. But i can't think of anything else I liked..at all. 

How did the North shrink to the size of a small village? The time and space situation is just out of control, I don't understand how much time has passed anywhere! 

Arya..I don't know what to say.. I am recovering from abdominal surgery. Not someone stabbing me repeatedly and twisting the knife. And I was treated in one of the best private hospitals in France, not by some actress who taught herself how to preform surgery. I am two weeks after surgery, and I am struggling with clipping my toe nails!! So thanks D&D for making me feel guilty about my slow recovery, apparently I should have been doing parkour on day three! Idiots!!

First, I wish you a speedy recovery!  Second, your point here about the absurdity of Arya's stabbing and subsequent super-heroics is totally correct and can't be stressed enough.  And it was all so unnecessary!  I mean, they could have simply had the Waif slash Arya with the knife a few times instead of stabbing her several times in the abdomen and twisting the knife!:rolleyes:  Arya suffering some cuts before getting away would have been so much more realistic and would have been just as easy to do as what they did.     

2 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

First, I wish you a speedy recovery!  Second, your point here about the absurdity of Arya's stabbing and subsequent super-heroics is totally correct and can't be stressed enough.  And it was all so unnecessary!  I mean, they could have simply had the Waif slash Arya with the knife a few times instead of stabbing her several times in the abdomen and twisting the knife!:rolleyes:  Arya suffering some cuts before getting away would have been so much more realistic and would have been just as easy to do as what they did.     

Thank you for your well wishes:)

Yes, you would think it would have been as dramatically satisfying to have the Waif slash Arya, then for Arya to do her crazy parkour trick to jump into to water and swim underwater to safety. The actress could still have fixed her up if that was so important for the storyline (!), but it would have been a superficial wound.

I know I am crazy for expecting anything rational or realistic from this show by now. But I found this extra aggravating because of my own situation!

Hopefully my boss does not watch the show, I had a hard enough time getting any leave, i do not need him to think I'm fit for ninja fighting by now!!

6 hours ago, LordManderlyAsDragonRider said:

Thank you for your well wishes:)

Yes, you would think it would have been as dramatically satisfying to have the Waif slash Arya, then for Arya to do her crazy parkour trick to jump into to water and swim underwater to safety. The actress could still have fixed her up if that was so important for the storyline (!), but it would have been a superficial wound.

I know I am crazy for expecting anything rational or realistic from this show by now. But I found this extra aggravating because of my own situation!

Hopefully my boss does not watch the show, I had a hard enough time getting any leave, i do not need him to think I'm fit for ninja fighting by now!!

Yes, the Arya stabbing made no sense at all!

I hope you recover soon!

I suppose they did it that way because it was "shocking".:dunno: But no one on earth would think that she would recover only by sleeping and some medicine...and then she would be running like Usain Bolt! 

Oh Poor Lady Crane...we want her as a doctor

I wonder if they will cast Rhaegar, maybe this is him:

Young Lord in his late 20’s. He’s a tall, handsome young lord, and the show is looking for a white actor who uses the RP accent. He’s scheduled to shoot in the week commencing September 20th.

I hate how there are no internal rules. The show just wants to make everything easy for itself so dispenses with internal world rules, with accepted historically developed societal etiquette just torn down and the rule that magic comes at a cost completely ignored.

They choose not to do some things for reasons of alleged realism and then insert things of their own in place of them that completely undermine that very same 'realism'

On 8/22/2016 at 0:48 PM, rosehustle1 said:

I really wish George could have been showrunner. I think everything would have been so much better with him at the helm. Or at least get writers who actually loved the whole series and not just up to the red wedding.

^^^This!  Totally agree.

I think they kind of have to do more with Rhaegar. They seem to be streamlining big time, but there are certain things they set out to do from the start.

The showrunners had lots of talks with GRRM to plan the series, before it started. This helped them to know what key things were important, to know who to cast, and to plan key things.

They have been in touch with him all along, since before the series began, and he said writes notes on their outlines each season, and tells them things they need to know, and makes suggestions.

This is typical, Diana Gabaldon does the same thing with Outlander. She writes notes and tells them, this is going to matter later. So make sure it's covered, that sort of thing.

And they said there are certain things they set up right from the start. And as bad as they can be with storytelling, they call back to earlier seasons all the time, again, they say they do this.

I think they have to touch on the Lyanna and Rhaegar stuff, at least a little. My rant is, they skipped right past it, but I think they are saving the Jon and Dany stuff as something big.

There are certain key relationships and plot points that factor in, and they keep saying the beginning matters. The ones left are the ones we have always been invested in. 

Jon and Dany are at the center of this thing, their history is a big part of what started the whole thing, and yet neither knows about the other. They are going to play it up, they have to.

He keeps wondering about Lyanna. She keeps wondering about Rhaegar. The obvious question once Jon finds out Ned isn't his father, is, well, who is? And he's Dany's brother, too. It's their common point.

So they have to get into him more. This isn't a small point. And there are still mysteries tied to Rhaegar, it's not all about Jon's birth, there are things surrounding that readers don't know yet.

Also with the dragons, someone is going to ride Rhaegal, and I bet it's going to be Jon. They rarely get the mix right, finer points, broad points, seems to be one or the other. But Rhaegar is too big to leave out.

That's my guess, anyway.

On 8/24/2016 at 8:55 AM, Dolorous Gabe said:

I hate how there are no internal rules. The show just wants to make everything easy for itself so dispenses with internal world rules, with accepted historically developed societal etiquette just torn down and the rule that magic comes at a cost completely ignored.

They choose not to do some things for reasons of alleged realism and then insert things of their own in place of them that completely undermine that very same 'realism'

Completely agreed!  Right down to the ridiculous extent things like time and distance are totally ignored and characters simply appear wherever in the world the showrunners feel they need to:rolleyes:

I just am so mad that every time now I hear The North Remembers this phrase just has no meaning for me. 

They just kept repeating this phrase over and over again in the show, while in the books it was only said four times (Robb, Wyman 2 times and Barbrey - except for Robb who is a victim of the RW, every other single time it is said in relation to the RW and by a victim of the Freys and the Boltons (also the Dustins lost people at the RW)

In the show it is said constantly by several random people, like the old servant and **** Ramsay Bolton <_<. It is overused and the biggest problem is that THE NORTH DIDN'T REMEMBER. Every time I hear it, my mind just goes back to the scene where NotRobett Glover refused Sansa's or Jon's plea and went to talk about how the Boltons saved them from the Ironborn. 

What? I really believe Glover was here more destroyed than Manderley (who admittedly does have a bigger role in the books than the show. I am rooting for Glover's big shining moment in Winds :wub: He is hiding out somewhere with Manderley's real army!) He is a trusted commander of the Northern army. He is the leader of the group Northern soldiers who infiltrates Harrenhal. He is ordered by Bolton to go to Duskendale and Bolton screws him by putting all the responsibility of this on his shoulder: he has huge personal reasons to hate Roose. He doesn't hope that the Boltons will free Deepwood Motte from the Ironborn. He tries to raise an army himself so he can retake it (okay, he doesn't really do this in the end, but he at least tried). He is the only Northerner who is absolutely certain conspiring with Manderley against the Boltons (the other ones are not confirmed). He does not bow to Stannis who freed Deepwood Motte from the Ironborn. But literally refused to acknowledge him as his king: Robett Glover broke in to add, "Your loyalty does you honor, my lord, but Stannis Baratheon remains your king, not our own.

Really mad how they ruined my favorite Northern Lord. It is sacrilege. 

Anyway they just keep repeating the phrase but they just showed the opposite so they can have their rousing speech on the end of the season, a girl bashing all those older men and their Vale army with Petyr The Saviour Of The North as their commander :angry2: :ack: 

I actually would be happier if they did not use the Northern Lords from the books. Just put some random guys from houses with names like Mazin instead of destroying characters I really love. :crying:

(sorry for my Robett Stanning :leaving:)

3 hours ago, Tijgy said:

I just am so mad that every time now I hear The North Remembers this phrase just has no meaning for me. 

They just kept repeating this phrase over and over again in the show, while in the books it was only said four times (Robb, Wyman 2 times and Barbrey - except for Robb who is a victim of the RW, every other single time it is said in relation to the RW and by a victim of the Freys and the Boltons (also the Dustins lost people at the RW)

In the show it is said constantly by several random people, like the old servant and **** Ramsay Bolton <_<. It is overused and the biggest problem is that THE NORTH DIDN'T REMEMBER. Every time I hear it, my mind just goes back to the scene where NotRobett Glover refused Sansa's or Jon's plea and went to talk about how the Boltons saved them from the Ironborn. 

What? I really believe Glover was here more destroyed than Manderley (who admittedly does have a bigger role in the books than the show. I am rooting for Glover's big shining moment in Winds :wub: He is hiding out somewhere with Manderley's real army!) He is a trusted commander of the Northern army. He is the leader of the group Northern soldiers who infiltrates Harrenhal. He is ordered by Bolton to go to Duskendale and Bolton screws him by putting all the responsibility of this on his shoulder: he has huge personal reasons to hate Roose. He doesn't hope that the Boltons will free Deepwood Motte from the Ironborn. He tries to raise an army himself so he can retake it (okay, he doesn't really do this in the end, but he at least tried). He is the only Northerner who is absolutely certain conspiring with Manderley against the Boltons (the other ones are not confirmed). He does not bow to Stannis who freed Deepwood Motte from the Ironborn. But literally refused to acknowledge him as his king: Robett Glover broke in to add, "Your loyalty does you honor, my lord, but Stannis Baratheon remains your king, not our own.

Really mad how they ruined my favorite Northern Lord. It is sacrilege. 

Anyway they just keep repeating the phrase but they just showed the opposite so they can have their rousing speech on the end of the season, a girl bashing all those older men and their Vale army with Petyr The Saviour Of The North as their commander :angry2: :ack: 

I actually would be happier if they did not use the Northern Lords from the books. Just put some random guys from houses with names like Mazin instead of destroying characters I really love. :crying:

(sorry for my Robett Stanning :leaving:)

Oh you are spot on but remember the Iritating Imp telling Tywin after hearing about the Red Wedding. The North will Remember. So, where is the punishment for the Lannisters for what they orchestrated? We will never get it. Yeah, the wonderful Boltons took Deepwood Moat and gave it back to the Glovers, right. Another insult and to poor dead Stannis.

4 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Oh you are spot on but remember the Iritating Imp telling Tywin after hearing about the Red Wedding. The North will Remember. So, where is the punishment for the Lannisters for what they orchestrated? We will never get it. Yeah, the wonderful Boltons took Deepwood Moat and gave it back to the Glovers, right. Another insult and to poor dead Stannis.

He said I believe the Northerners will never forget. This actually irritates me too. Because Tyrion is more someone who went against House Stark and is the son of the person who is also responsible for the RW. The RW was planned so that Tyrion might get the power over the North through his wife. 

:ack:

On 24-8-2016 at 3:33 PM, Le Cygne said:

I wonder if they will cast Rhaegar, maybe this is him:

On 25-8-2016 at 5:44 PM, Le Cygne said:

I think they kind of have to do more with Rhaegar. They seem to be streamlining big time, but there are certain things they set out to do from the start.

The showrunners had lots of talks with GRRM to plan the series, before it started. This helped them to know what key things were important, to know who to cast, and to plan key things.

They have been in touch with him all along, since before the series began, and he said writes notes on their outlines each season, and tells them things they need to know, and makes suggestions.

This is typical, Diana Gabaldon does the same thing with Outlander. She writes notes and tells them, this is going to matter later. So make sure it's covered, that sort of thing.

And they said there are certain things they set up right from the start. And as bad as they can be with storytelling, they call back to earlier seasons all the time, again, they say they do this.

I think they have to touch on the Lyanna and Rhaegar stuff, at least a little. My rant is, they skipped right past it, but I think they are saving the Jon and Dany stuff as something big.

There are certain key relationships and plot points that factor in, and they keep saying the beginning matters. The ones left are the ones we have always been invested in. 

Jon and Dany are at the center of this thing, their history is a big part of what started the whole thing, and yet neither knows about the other. They are going to play it up, they have to.

He keeps wondering about Lyanna. She keeps wondering about Rhaegar. The obvious question once Jon finds out Ned isn't his father, is, well, who is? And he's Dany's brother, too. It's their common point.

So they have to get into him more. This isn't a small point. And there are still mysteries tied to Rhaegar, it's not all about Jon's birth, there are things surrounding that readers don't know yet.

Also with the dragons, someone is going to ride Rhaegal, and I bet it's going to be Jon. They rarely get the mix right, finer points, broad points, seems to be one or the other. But Rhaegar is too big to leave out.

That's my guess, anyway.

Yeah, I think they should have done/have to do more with Rhaegar. IMO it would really either be a huge plothole or really lame. 

The only Bran actually saw was Lyanna having a baby and asking NotNed for something. The only thing we hear is "if Robert finds out, he will ... you know he will. You have to protect him" (Jon). For ShowWatchers, it is not so difficult to theorize R+L=J from this. And while Bran (at least BookBran :rolleyes:) is a smart kid, will he directly know from this Rhaegar is Jon's dad. I really think it would be completely ridiculous if they do nothing more with their relationship of Rheagar and Lyanna, while at the same time we get even more idiotic Tyrion is joking with MissWorm scenes <_<

If they reduce Bran to some exposition machine, they should at least show the tourney of Harrenhall. Or at least, let Meera tell finally the tale of the KotLT. 

And ew, I just realized they made LF The Psychopath say "and all the smiles died". 

6 hours ago, Tijgy said:

He said I believe the Northerners will never forget. This actually irritates me too. Because Tyrion is more someone who went against House Stark and is the son of the person who is also responsible for the RW. The RW was planned so that Tyrion might get the power over the North through his wife. 

Yeah, they just willy nilly have the wrong people say and do things, just as a plot convenience. Same thing with LF telling Lyanna's story, and saving the day with the Vale troops. Ned's killer and all... :ack:

3 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Yeah, I think they should have done/have to do more with Rhaegar. IMO it would really either be a huge plothole or really lame. 

The only Bran actually saw was Lyanna having a baby and asking NotNed for something. The only thing we hear is "if Robert finds out, he will ... you know he will. You have to protect him" (Jon). For ShowWatchers, it is not so difficult to theorize R+L=J from this. And while Bran (at least BookBran :rolleyes:) is a smart kid, will he directly know from this Rhaegar is Jon's dad. I really think it would be completely ridiculous if they do nothing more with their relationship of Rheagar and Lyanna, while at the same time we get even more idiotic Tyrion is joking with MissWorm scenes <_<

If they reduce Bran to some exposition machine, they should at least show the tourney of Harrenhall. Or at least, let Meera tell finally the tale of the KotLT. 

Yeah, it's like they overlook diamonds in favor of dust.

And ew, I just realized they made LF The Psychopath say "and all the smiles died". 

I know... that's as bad as it gets... It's like telling a story about the American Revolution and not casting Thomas Jefferson. Then just having King George read the Declaration of Independence.

6 hours ago, Tijgy said:

Tyrion suspected before the series and book starts about Jaime and Cersei and he instinctively knows something happened to Bran other than him "falling" after hearing that he never falls. He taunts his sibblings at the family breakfast in Winterfell after they were caught. He had these suspicions already when he jeopardized Cat's life at the Inn by exposing her to danger "hey, everyone, here is a very high born lady traveling under light guard and in desguise", exposing her to kidnap and ransom. He got himself taken prisoner.  He admitted knowing to Cersei when he was Hand of the King, yet he still complied with all of his family's treason. He wanted Casterly Rock and then, when he was assured that he would never get it, he married Sansa with the hopes of "swindling" it away though his child, captured and hostage bride. I do not care how "Saintly" D&D&C have bent over backwards, twisted side to side and other un-mentionables they have done, he is still a greedy little Dwarf with a mouth way, way bigger than his britches and I will be glad if the little creature dies.

Archived