[Spoilers] Rant & Rave without Repercussions - First We Take King's Landing Edition

Ran

List of romances-invented

1. Trystanne+Myrcella

2. Tommen and Margaery

3. Ramsay and Miranda

4. Grey Worm and Missandei

Related stuff

-Mel and Gendry

-Mel and Jon

-Tormund to Brienne

-Tormund to Ygritte

-Yara/Dany

//I don't care for some ones -but sometimes I wonder why are these needed with a lot of stuff from the books to adapt. (cough) especially Ramsay and Myranda......(coughing again)

It's quite clear that they invented Grey Worm and Missandei only to fulfill POC as well as T + A quota of the show. Instead of that, we could have had scenes of Missandei actually showing her intelligence and schooling Tyrion in the ruling of Meereen. A former slave girl who has risen so much and is now is able to showcase her immense cleverness and abilities in an unexpected situation - that's true female empowerment right there. 

But yeah, it's not like they even really know or care what either romance or female empowerment as concepts are, truly. 

Seems like Gendry is coming back this year - hopefully Arya and he get to meet. Not holding out much hope for any romance though.

15 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

1. Trystanne+Myrcella

2. Tommen and Margaery

3. Ramsay and Miranda

Related stuff

-Mel and Gendry

-Mel and Jon

-Tormund to Brienne

-Tormund to Ygritte

-Yara/Dany

//I don't care for some ones -but sometimes I wonder why are these needed with a lot of stuff from the books to adapt. (cough) especially Ramsay and Myranda......(coughing again)

Great summary! Just shows it''s nothing but alt-fanfic. Less invented relation stuff, and more direwolves!

Just now, sweetsunray said:

Great summary! Just shows it''s nothing but alt-fanfic. Less invented relation stuff, and more direwolves!

Maybe Summer can be brought back from the dead? 

(I admit. Since my favorite direwolf is dead after the death of this three siblings, screen time for Ghost doesn't really make me excited. And I actually will be mad if Bran suddenly got another animal companion. I just want Summer.) 

1 minute ago, Tijgy said:

Maybe Summer can be brought back from the dead? 

(I admit. Since my favorite direwolf is dead after the death of this three siblings, screen time for Ghost doesn't really make me excited. And I actually will be mad if Bran suddenly got another animal companion. I just want Summer.) 

Well, even if they died, I'd like to see them around and interact with their bonded person as often as possible before they do. Not this, "ok let's show them once just before killing them". I recently rewatched the first 3 seasons and then we get to see them often.

15 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

1. Trystanne+Myrcella

2. Tommen and Margaery

3. Ramsay and Miranda

Related stuff

-Mel and Gendry

-Mel and Jon

-Tormund to Brienne

-Tormund to Ygritte

-Yara/Dany

Ramsay and Miranda was very romantic "She smelled of dog".

Yara and Dany has the potential to be very romantic "I want to fuck the tits off this one."

On 9/26/2016 at 6:27 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

I haven't yet seen S4 of the Americans so I can't comment on that, but I've recently watched to the end of S3 and I've been enjoying that more than GoT.

Mr. Robot was better. S2 of Fargo was far better and the best thing I've seen since BB ended, even though it didn't even win in its 'Limited Series' category. Better Call Saul was better.

If GoT improved upon S5 at all, it was a minuscule improvement. You could certainly say that aesthetically it improved markedly and Miguel Sapochnik definitely had a hand in that, but in storytelling terms it was little better if at all.

Honestly I don't watch that much TV nowadays, too busy. But even without watching I know GOT does not have the "best writing" on TV, because nothing this poor could ever be the “best" at anything, if this is actually the best writing the industry can come up with the entire industry should go on the scarp heap.

4 hours ago, SeanF said:

Ramsay and Miranda was very romantic "She smelled of dog".

Yara and Dany has the potential to be very romantic "I want to fuck the tits off this one."

Let's not forget Bronn and Tyene with their Casablanca line: "You want a good girl, but you need a bad pussy"

On 29.9.2016 at 0:57 AM, Meera of Tarth said:

1. Trystanne+Myrcella

2. Tommen and Margaery

3. Ramsay and Miranda

Related stuff

-Mel and Gendry

-Mel and Jon

-Tormund to Brienne

-Tormund to Ygritte

-Yara/Dany

Ramsay and Miranda are just a filler because showRamsay has a bigger role than book one. I think Missandei and Grey Worm are cute, but they have no point at all, even as a filler. Tyrion and Shae were reinvented with changing Shae's personality. I liked it but the ending was absolutely incosequent.

Most of the books's romances are subtle and hinted, many things (like Tyrion's weeping for Tysha) we learn only from their thoughts. The show is a visual thing, so they invented romances between characters who share a lot of screen time to show their growing feelings through meaningful stares, blushing and awkward dialogues. The most consequent is J&B I think and SanSan has a potential, though it downplayed a lot.

There are plenty of ways to show subtle romances in a visual medium. Sharing screentime is great, but separation periods are common in romances, and there are many films who handle these very important phases of the story, where they are remembering each other, and realizing the depth of their feelings for each other, quite well. The filmmaker has to try, however.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

There are plenty of ways to show subtle romances in a visual medium. Sharing screentime is great, but separation periods are common in romances, and there are many films who handle these very important phases of the story, where they are remembering each other, and realizing the depth of their feelings for each other, quite well. The filmmaker has to try, however.

Indeed. It could be flashbacks, dreams whatever. But the showmakers decided that dragons and battles are more worth screentime.

On 9/29/2016 at 4:15 PM, The Scabbard Of the Morning said:

Honestly I don't watch that much TV nowadays, too busy. But even without watching I know GOT does not have the "best writing" on TV, because nothing this poor could ever be the “best" at anything, if this is actually the best writing the industry can come up with the entire industry should go on the scarp heap.

Very true. GoT winning awards for writing is like Carly Rae Jepsen winning awards for song lyrics (that's going in my signature).

Joins the party really late..

I haven't used my account in four years, but I've decided to come back, because this is the only place where people share my views about the show. Everyone on Facebook loved it, most reviews were positive and I couldn't understand why. 

I was a show watcher before I came a book reader. 

I loved this show, beause it was complex, intelligent, had interesting characters and was different. 

Now it's just shock, death and more shock and death. Without any logic, character development or characters discussing the effects of the things that happened in the last episode. 

GoT used to be my favourite TV show, but now I outright hate it. It used to be a TV show that was different, but now it's similar to a badly written action movie. 

As a book reader I couldn't be more dissapointed. All of my favourite storylines have been butchered and all of my favourite characters have completely different personalities (or they don't exist at all like Arianne Martell). The message of the show is the exact opposite of the message of the books, but well apparently themes are for eith-grade book reports, so what should I expect? 

D&D couldn't have done a worse job of adapting the books. Heck even the people who adapted Twilight did a better job of adapting the book material the movies were based on. 

At least seasons 5&6 achieved one thing: They made me love the books even more and they made me more exited about Book 6. Thankfully, the show didn't spoil to much and I can still speculate on what will happen or on how the things that the show has spoiled (Hodor, Arya leaving the FM, Jon's ressurection) will happen, because it surely will be ten times better than in the show. 

@ Dolorous Gabe: I love your signature. It's pure gold. 

2 hours ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Joins the party really late..

I haven't used my account in four years, but I've decided to come back, because this is the only place where people share my views about the show. Everyone on Facebook loved it and most reviews where positive and I couldn't understand why. 

I was a show watcher before I came a book reader. 

I loved this show, beause it was complex, intelligent, had interesting characters and was different. 

Now its just shock, death and more shock and death. Without any logic, character development or characters discussing the effects of the things that happened in the last episode. 

GoT used to be my favourite TV show, but now I outright hate it. It used to be a TV show that was different, but now it's similar to a badly written action movie. 

As a book reader I couldn't be more dissapointed. All of my favourite storylines have been butchered and all of my favourite characters have completely different personalities (or they don't exist at all like Arianne Martell). The message of the show is the exact opposite of the message of the books, but well apparently themes are for eith-grade book reports, so what should I expect? 

D&D couldn't have done a worse job of adapting the books. Heck even the people who adapted Twilight did a better job of adapting the books. 

At least seasons 5&6 achieved one thing: They made me love the books even more and they made me more exited about Book 6. Thankfully, the show didn't spoil to much and I can still speculate on what will happen or on how the things that the show has spoiled (Hodor, Arya leaving the FM, Jon's ressurection) will happen, because it surely will be ten times better than in the show. 

@ Dolorous Gabe: I love your signature. It's pure gold. 

Welcome back. Who are your favourite characters?

In the books: 

My top 3 are Arya, Jon and Daenerys I like them all equally.

4. Jaime

5. Arianne Martell

But I think D&D have done a great job ruining (nearly) every other character as well. 

On the Show:

I can't decide between Cersei and the White Walkers. I just hope she either kills everyone with wildfire or the White Walkers kill everyone, so that this shit is finally over. 

3 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

5. Arianne Martell

:wideeyed:. At least she's safe.

D&D still get the gold for their butchery of Ellaria, but not a single PoV character has fared well. If you're a fan of the big three, this can't have been easy at all. You've got Jonny Mouthbreather, Arya Todd, and Deadpan Card-born.

3 minutes ago, Chebyshov said:

:wideeyed:. At least she's safe.

D&D still get the gold for their butchery of Ellaria, but not a single PoV character has fared well. If you're a fan of the big three, this can't have been easy at all. You've got Jonny Mouthbreather, Arya Todd, and Deadpan Card-born.

Jon Snow gapes, therefore he is.

Archived