Varys????

18 minutes ago, Zombies That Were Promised said:

I agree, but ultimately I would have preferred if Cersei had simply turned off those 2 kingdoms from KL, left them to fiddle around not knowing what to do, and Dany taken a proactive approach in getting them on board with her.

I love the character, she's my favorite, but it's hard to keep being engaged by the character when she gets everything for free.  Free Dothraki, free Greyjoys...etc.  lol.

Well Dany's far from my favorite character, but she may end up the best of the options by virtue of everyone else sucking more. :P

4 hours ago, boodofmyblood said:

This. The whole episode doesn't take place over a day. That last scene with Dany was clearly weeks later, at least. 

I agree, Daario and Daenerys mention painting the sails of the master's armada, thats not a feet you can accomplish over night. There were some yellow sails in the mix as well, Varys didn't have to sail all the way back to Meereen to meet up with Dany et al, the might have met en route in the Summer Sea?

8 minutes ago, LyraStone said:

I agree, Daario and Daenerys mention painting the sails of the master's armada, thats not a feet you can accomplish over night. There were some yellow sails in the mix as well, Varys didn't have to sail all the way back to Meereen to meet up with Dany et al, the might have met en route in the Summer Sea?

Hehee met at Sea, jumped on her ship and then lined all the other ships in a nice formation

19 minutes ago, WinterPool Stark said:

Hehee met at Sea, jumped on her ship and then lined all the other ships in a nice formation

It makes more sense than sailing from Westerns to Meereen and back again, he's wearing the same clothes as well. It's a piece of cake to cross a gangplank and I'm sure a Dornish sea captain can work out how to sail a ship in a straight line next to a bunch of other ships. Hey, maybe he did sail all the way to Meereen and just didn't bother getting changed. Or maybe since it's a tv show i shouldn't be analysing it this much ;) 

I did have a real WTF!? moment when I saw Varys on the ship, fair enough there could have been a certain amount of time between when we saw him in Dorne etc. But really, it's just totally unnecessary to show him on that ship. Why do it?
And there were Martell sails amongst the ships of Dany's fleet... But the fleet is sailing to Westeros.. why would a dornish fleet sail all the way over the Meereen, just to come back to attack Westeros.. And where is Dany going to land her fleet? Surely Dorne might make a good place to start if they are her allies?

They basically did it just to have Varys on the ship, for visual 'wow' effect, like 'look how strong Dany's fleet/allies/advisors are'.
From a timeline point it's forgivable, but really it doesn't make sense if you think about it, there is no reason for Varys to travel back and fore for weeks at a time, and with a fleet or Dornish ships also.. it's just silly really.

Also with regards to Ellaria ruling Dorne and allying with Varys&QoT.. well it really wasn't necessary for them to utterly butcher Dorne to come to that conclusion. I mean surely this could have all just been a part of Doran Martells plan and they could have just had him sat there in place of Ellaria.. It would have made an awful lot more sense and been somewhat more faithful to the books.
Which leads me to believe that they'v done it solely for the purpose of having a Woman be the ruler of Dorne.. Just as they want Asha/Yara Greyjoy as ruler of the Iron Islands.. It's just for the sake of having women be powerful, not sure if it's due to criticism or some kind of feminist style agenda/whatever. But yeah.. It's a bit stupid really, not necessarily the idea, but certainly the way they have done it.
If they wanted to have a powerful woman in Dorne.. Why not cast in Arianne in the first place? They could have used some of her plot from the book, could have had Myrcella killed rather than wounded if it suited their purpose. Could have had Doran's plan being a marriage pact between Trystane and Dany.. which could have gone awry after Trystane is somehow killed.. but then Doran could have decided to stick with Dany anyway.. They could have done all this, sticking closer(ish) to the books, without much extra effort and without totally butchering Dorne. They'd have arrived at the same place, only in a much better way.. Hell they could have even had Doran die from illness and had Arianne replace him as ruler of Dorne.. It would have been better than what they have done.

The issue isn't that the timeline is unrealistic. The issue is that they didn't devote a mere fifteen fucking seconds to having Varys explaining to Dany (or Tyrion, whatever) that the mission was successful and that they had won over Dorne and house Tyrell to their cause. Then, BOOM! sail! 

I did question it, then I realised it was obviously a time jump. They were not off the borders, they were well into sailing. He came back to tell Dany she has allies. There is no need to show and tell everything little thing. The fact that he is there after saying "Fire and Blood" in Dorne is enough. 

8 hours ago, Rumy Stark said:

Ok I know this show plays with time travel but how in the world was Varys with the fleet in that final scene???? We literally saw him in Dorne IN THIS EP.

I am just so confused right now. Why was it even necessary for him to be there? Like why couldn't he have just waited to welcome them in Dorne? I am confused. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I'll tell you why, because they needed a Yub Yub boat scene.

Seriously, how reminiscent was it of the final frame of this:

They need this scene so that when our heroes go all fire blood and destruction we are surprised. They are using pop culture references to play with our expectations, that is all.

1 hour ago, The Lord of the Waters said:

I did have a real WTF!? moment when I saw Varys on the ship, fair enough there could have been a certain amount of time between when we saw him in Dorne etc. But really, it's just totally unnecessary to show him on that ship. Why do it?
And there were Martell sails amongst the ships of Dany's fleet... But the fleet is sailing to Westeros.. why would a dornish fleet sail all the way over the Meereen, just to come back to attack Westeros.. And where is Dany going to land her fleet? Surely Dorne might make a good place to start if they are her allies?

They basically did it just to have Varys on the ship, for visual 'wow' effect, like 'look how strong Dany's fleet/allies/advisors are'.
From a timeline point it's forgivable, but really it doesn't make sense if you think about it, there is no reason for Varys to travel back and fore for weeks at a time, and with a fleet or Dornish ships also.. it's just silly really.

The Dornish ships were needed to help haul Dany's army?

i dont get why it is so hard for some to accept time compression to spare the viewer time that is spent uninteresting by filler events. he travels back to meereen whats the big deal? dont you think it will take a month or sth. to equip a fleet and let it finally sail? why do you accept movies spanning centuries but cant when there is a several days of travelling involved? non issue.

Archived