Discussing Sansa XXVI: The End of Many Debates...

Mladen

21 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

There's obviously conflict between them: they still don't trust each other as much as they should.  Jon needs to learn to value Sansa's advice and experience; she needs to be able to confide in him. That's a long ways from being enemies.

I think it is very difficult for Sansa, at this  point, to confide her innermost thoughts to anyone.  And considering she has been shuttled around by so many people who have promised her things and then let her down, trust is difficult too.  But she does seem to affirm that she regards Jon as her brother, a Stark, and Lord of Winterfell/KiTN, and does not trust Littlefinger any more.

24 minutes ago, Risto said:

To repeat myself for 1000th time, this is Robb and Catelyn. Two separate individuals who love each other and supports each other, but also have different ideas about certain things.

I think it may also be important to note that some of the most major arguments between Robb and Cat came from Cat's need to see the rest of her children home safe. Sansa and Robb are likely to fall into conflict, but the motivations are not nearly as extreme as family vs realm. At least not at the moment. I think the real deciding factor on what happens between them next season depends on Sansa warning Jon about Little Finger and Jon taking it seriously. I hope so anyway.

I love how Littlefinger got completely rejected by Sansa. He tried to be all smooth and then went in to kiss her, and she was like, "eh, nah." Can he like, go away now? Ain't nobody want him at Winterfell anymore, so why can't he go meander back to the Eyrie or somewhere else? 

Absolutely loved the scene where Jon was proclaimed King in the North. Quite emotional! Also, can I just say, Bella Ramsey (Lyanna Mormont) is an outstanding little girl?! Lyanna is quickly becoming one of my new favorite characters. I'm excited to see more of her in season 7. Also loved the scene with Jon and Sansa on the battlements. I was wondering how he was going to react to her admission for writing to Baelish and getting the Knights of the Vale to come to their aid, and he reacted exactly how I thought he would; gentle, yet his tone was slightly firm. He cares for her more than she realizes. I've thoroughly enjoyed seeing Kit and Sophie together this season. They have utterly fantastic chemistry, and I think I like their dynamic together more than I enjoyed seeing Sophie's scenes with Alfie or Iwan, and that's saying a lot, because I really liked the scenes she shared with both Iwan and Alfie last season. 

I'm also beginning to ship Jon/Sansa. Since his parentage was revealed tonight, (I was screaming during the ToJ scene) technically, they're first cousins, which doesn't make anything too horrible. If she can't be with Theon, or (my crackship) the Hound, then I'd want her to be with Jon. 

From the looks of it, Bran AND Arya could wind up going to Winterfell next season, so we will probably get a even bigger Stark reunion. So excited to see Sansa and Arya together again. They'll have so many stories to tell one another.

Side note: I am beyond upset about Loras and Marg. Loras was my BABY and I adored Margaery. I definitely was not expecting to see them both die tonight. Cersei is a fucking lunatic and needs to die ASAP. Hopefully Jaime will be doing that next season. He didn't look too pleased when he returned to KL. Also hoping for Olenna to fuck shit up.

There definitely was some tension between Jon and Sansa this season. They both seemed to backpedal on it this episode, but having conflicting feelings in your head and heart is part of being human. Certainly Littlefinger is doing his best to force a wedge between them none too subtly. It's perfectly plausible for Sansa to love Jon as her brother yet still feel threatened by him.

That look at the end could be taken any number of ways and until we see next season, we probably won't get any more info on how she actually feels about it. She seemed to smile at Jon and then shared a look with Littlefinger. Maybe it's a precautionary look, maybe it's her considering her options with him. All we really know is she never actually said "the King in the North" along with everyone else.

Personally I do wish that Sansa would've stood up and said something to the effect of Jon Snow is not the King in the North. Jon Stark is the King in the North. That would've put this issue to bed.

35 minutes ago, Masha said:

I didn't foresee Sansa vs Jon conflict other than usual clash of characters. I saw her basically telling Jon to take the Lordship of Wf and then freaking out as LF looked at her and smirked.

Which is what most of the general audience will interpret too, especially since maybe 1% of GoT watchers actually look at the bts interviews lol.

She shut Littlefinger down in the godswood and apologized for not being open with Jon about her letter to the Vale. I figured she would. That last scene though... too ambiguous. Littlefinger will definitely prey on that. Let's hope Sansa keeps her wits about her. I don't feel as optimistic as Alayne Stone, however...

I enjoyed her arc for this season. Eager to see how it will play out next year. Bit illogical at points but not bad overall.

honestly, the only tension I can imagine on Sansa's part is wether Jon will or is capable of protecting her from Littlefinger. not listening about Ramsay has her nervous   I think it was made painfully clear all season that Sansa felt sorry for treating Jon like a Bastard his whole life instead of a brother like the the rest of the siblings. But Winter is here and they have plenty of time to talk it out. 

If I had to guess, Petyr's evil eye look was a warning to Sansa: your brother has Winterfell taken care of, so you might as well come with me, mmmkay.

30 minutes ago, IrisBest said:

Which is what most of the general audience will interpret too, especially since maybe 1% of GoT watchers actually look at the bts interviews lol.

people watch those. there are 5 awesome books. go read them if one hasn't. who cares about some lame bts interviews. puke. then things will make even more sense..... hahahahah, I kid, I kid, they will make much less sense. ;)

16 minutes ago, wiredup said:

honestly, the only tension I can imagine on Sansa's part is wether Jon will or is capable of protecting her from Littlefinger. not listening about Ramsay has her nervous   I think it was made painfully clear all season that Sansa felt sorry for treating Jon like a Bastard his whole life instead of a brother like the the rest of the siblings. But Winter is here and they have plenty of time to talk it out. 

If I had to guess, Petyr's evil eye look was a warning to Sansa: your brother has Winterfell taken care of, so you might as well come with me, mmmkay.

I took Petyrs look the same way, and Sansa's faltering smile as she remembered what he said to her in the godswood. When a man who "loves you" sells you to the highest bidder because he only acts when he thinks it's in the interest of stealing the iron throne, you have to assume he's going to be dangerous once your brother is named King. Jon is now an obstacle, and one Petyr is likely to move against unless Sansa can run interference or get someone else to.

I see it as Sansa vs Jon. The look at the end was an "oh shit, I actually need you." and LF saying back "yeah you need me". For those that don't see it as being in character for Sansa, I think she'll do it reluctantly but she'll see it as necessary. "Nobody can protect anybody" the best she can do is try to keep herself safe and the only way for her to really do that is by having the power herself. She'll use the biggest weapon she has "the one between her legs" (Cersi) to achieve that.

9 minutes ago, Banner Without Brothers said:

I see it as Sansa vs Jon. The look at the end was an "oh shit, I actually need you." and LF saying back "yeah you need me". For those that don't see it as being in character for Sansa, I think she'll do it reluctantly but she'll see it as necessary. "Nobody can protect anybody" the best she can do is try to keep herself safe and the only way for her to really do that is by having the power herself. She'll use the biggest weapon she has "the one between her legs" (Cersi) to achieve that.

Who will she use this weapon against?

37 minutes ago, Weak With The Dawn said:

I took Petyrs look the same way, and Sansa's faltering smile as she remembered what he said to her in the godswood. When a man who "loves you" sells you to the highest bidder because he only acts when he thinks it's in the interest of stealing the iron throne, you have to assume he's going to be dangerous once your brother is named King. Jon is now an obstacle, and one Petyr is likely to move against unless Sansa can run interference or get someone else to.

Littlefinger was looking daggers at Sansa and Jon (or possibly just Sansa) and Sansa knows that can't be good.

Sansa promised LF a reward in her letter; and she has yet to give him anything.  He's bound to resent it.  When LF hears about the recent regime change in King's Landing, he might decide to throw Sansa to the lions by kidnapping her from WF with his Vale-knights and taking her to Queen Cersei, who wants to make Sansa die a slow death for her part in Joffrey's death.  Jon not knowing Sansa very well might just assume that Sansa went with him willingly; unless a witness saw Sansa struggle or something.

I hope that the writers and directors don't do several episodes of Will Sansa Betray Jon to Littlefinger next season.  That would be boring.

2 minutes ago, Banner Without Brothers said:

Baelish. She'll have him wrapped around her little finger, use him to gain power for herself. When he's of no more use she'll dump him, probably from a great height.

I rewatched that Blackwater scene the other day, and I was thinking that she probably will take Cersi's advice eventually. I just don't see how LF can help Sansa overcome Jon, Dany, and her dragons. 

2 hours ago, Red Tiger said:

Great, now the morons from last week have nothing to bitch about anymore.

Seriously, what is with the name calling here? People might hate a character, spin ridiculous theories but somehow it is only the show defenders who end up  straight on abusing people on this forum. And I have seen you regularly at it

1 minute ago, Banjo said:

Seriously, what is with the name calling here? People might hate a character, spin ridiculous theories but somehow it is only the show defenders who end up  straight on abusing people on this forum. And I have seen you regularly at it

Im not even a defender, i've criticized and mocked this show for several years now, but the theories surrounding her wanting to be queen in the North were some of the biggest asspulls I have seen around here in years.

Archived