Discussing Sansa XXVI: The End of Many Debates...

Mladen

Until I see the episode, no title :)

Enjoy the discussion, Will join soon... HBO Adria is destroying my last two weekends... Hope you all enjoyed the episode.

Once again, welcome to the thread. The last one in 2016 :D 

I'm so annoyed at all the people who are still going on about Sansa wanting to steal the throne/etc. from Jon and is conspiring with LF and bla bla bla.

Like.

We don't have any proof in-verse wise that she has any inclinations of leaning that way. We heard the two siblings talk about the Vale Soldiers, Sansa told Jon that he deserved the "Lord's" room and that he was a Stark to her, she rebuffed LF and refused his advances, she smiles when Jon is proclaimed KitN, etc.

And IMO, the look she gave LF in the end is more that she KNOWS he's a snake in the grass and it looked more to me like she was worried about Jon and what LF might do because now she knows his goals, as well as sending LF the message of "don't fuck with us".

There was a few minute video discussing Sansa, Jon, KitN, etc. that said Sansa felt cheated and agitated because she wasn't listened to beforehand but I feel like that's an entirely different thing than Sansa feeling cheated of Winterfell and whatever ruling position she could have had. 

I think considering Sansa and Jon are two very different people, they'll clash every so often next season. I don't think Sansa is going to suddenly pull a Cersei and go Mad Queen because she honestly hasn't given us any proof of that. 

The fact people still think she's going to go against Jon after this episode is honestly kinda unreal to me.

Either way, I thought she was fantastic in this episode and I loved when she blue-balled LF. 

Also I'm hardcore shipping JonxSansa now. Let's hope they find out they're not siblings.

1 minute ago, Taylor Swift said:

Bran is already close to home.

Isnt he the rightful King?

Which makes Jon v Sansa completely pointless.

Jon said to her "you are lady on Winterfell" and she said "you should take it" and he became KitN and she didn't oppose anything so there is no Jon Vs Sansa

I think that they will leave it for off season speculation. If it is one thing that Sansa's character does really well, it's generate discussion.

Having said that, l don't think we'll have Stark vs Stark. It seems too predicable at this point.

1 minute ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Jon said to her "you are lady on Winterfell" and she said "you should take it" and he became KitN and she didn't oppose anything so there is no Jon Vs Sansa

That pretty much sums it up.  Jon more or less offered the lordship of Winterfell and the North to Sansa.  That she didn't step up and take what Jon was handing her on a silver platter during that scene is pretty telling.  

I think Littlefinger has planted the seed to be honest. Yes she rebuffed him but she also withheld information about the Vale and I think the doubt in her mind will grow and grow. She knows what she wants to do and what is good to do which is support Jon's claim but they might play on a niggling feeling in the back of her head that maybe she doesn't want to play second fiddle anymore. I think season 7 they will come into conflict again when Jon doesn't heed her. Then again there is no in-verse evidence for this as mentioned.

4 minutes ago, throney said:

I think that they will leave it for off season speculation. If it is one thing that Sansa's character does really well, it's generate discussion.

Having said that, l don't think we'll have Stark vs Stark. It seems too predicable at this point.

this will generate a discussion that will span for the whole year, you can't find a more controversial threads than Sansa's, I'm ready, I love controversies

Sansa and Jon are basically besties. They might argue, but they aren't going to truly become enemies. I wish Sansa had gotten more acknowledgement... but you don't always have to be the one with the title to be the badass in the family (see Olenna).

And so we end so many pointless debates this thread has been witnessing. 

1. Sansa is not against Jon. She asked forgiveness, rejected LF, told Jon he is the Lord and a Stark, smiled when he was named King. If that is not enough than either you haven't watched this episode or just trolling. 

2. The thing with Bran is that he was never supposed to be a Lord or King. We all know his role and it surpasses being ruler of the Kingdom.

3. Last look was very clear: "I am watching you!" 

I won't lie, the writing this season was a bit off, with Sansa making decisions that were questionable at least and there were a lot of mental gymnastics regarding this but the air is now cleared.

3 minutes ago, nothatso said:

The post episode videos on the GoT youtube seem to hint at a future Jon v Sansa conflict. I didn't really get that vibe from the episode, but that's what David Benioff says...

I am not sure about that... I think he is talking in general about the two of them having had some issues in the past and present and overcoming those won't just happen so easily. To repeat myself for 1000th time, this is Robb and Catelyn. Two separate individuals who love each other and supports each other, but also have different ideas about certain things.

1.  For drama, conflict and uncertainty are entertaining and keep 2 of D&D's preferred cast interesting.

2.  Realistically, Sansa would know she would not be King of the North and even if named Lady of Winterfell she would be a figurehead no one listened to during the next war.  Yes, that is frustrating, agitating but Sansa has seen worse.  This way her brother, who sort of owes her for the Vale, is in charge and she can whisper in his ear.  

3.  Hopefully, Sansa realized that to LF she will play second fiddle to getting the Iron Throne.  He said her second and gave her to Ramsey.  He is still her enemy.

4.  Hoping that Sansa pulled the strings behind the naming of Jon King in the North.  LF asked the question she provided the answer by getting to Lady Mormont.  Calling people out is something I could see Sansa as wanting to do and getting someone else to do it avoids the whole sneering who are you Lady Bolton/Lannister stones that the Northern Lords would throw from their glass houses or vice versa.  (Maybe dragon glass?)

5 minutes ago, nothatso said:

The post episode videos on the GoT youtube seem to hint at a future Jon v Sansa conflict. I didn't really get that vibe from the episode, but that's what David Benioff says...

There's obviously conflict between them: they still don't trust each other as much as they should.  Jon needs to learn to value Sansa's advice and experience; she needs to be able to confide in him. That's a long ways from being enemies.

11 minutes ago, greensleeves said:

There's obviously conflict between them: they still don't trust each other as much as they should.  Jon needs to learn to value Sansa's advice and experience; she needs to be able to confide in him. That's a long ways from being enemies.

Conflict in this context is rather too strong word... They just need to work the issues, but I think that unless they really start going 180 from this episode, we won't be seeing some great rifts between these two.

Interestingly how Sansa behaved like Cat during 2nd KitN coronation. She was happy for Jon the same way Cat was happy for Jon Robb, but both the women saw dangers men were oblivious. 

1 minute ago, Risto said:

She was happy for Jon the same way Cat was happy for Jon, but both the women saw dangers men were oblivious. 

This. 

And this is probably how their s7 ~conflicts will play out, similar to how Robb and Catelyn disagreed occasionally throughout the war. 

12 minutes ago, Risto said:

And so we end so many pointless debates this thread has been witnessing. 

1. Sansa is not against Jon. She asked forgiveness, rejected LF, told Jon he is the Lord and a Stark, smiled when he was named King. If that is not enough than either you haven't watched this episode or just trolling. 

2. The thing with Bran is that he was never supposed to be a Lord or King. We all know his role and it surpasses being ruler of the Kingdom.

3. Last look was very clear: "I am watching you!" 

I won't lie, the writing this season was a bit off, with Sansa making decisions that were questionable at least and there were a lot of mental gymnastics regarding this but the air is now cleared.

I am not sure about that... I think he is talking in general about the two of them having had some issues in the past and present and overcoming those won't just happen so easily. To repeat myself for 1000th time, this is Robb and Catelyn. Two separate individuals who love each other and supports each other, but also have different ideas about certain things.

The fact people are still arguing Sansa is against Jon is starting to really tire me out.

7 minutes ago, Risto said:

Conflict in this context is rather too strong word... They just need to work the issues, but I think that unless they really start going 180 from this episode, we won't be seeing some great rifts between these two.

Interestingly how Sansa behaved like Cat during 2nd KitN coronation. She was happy for Jon the same way Cat was happy for Jon, but both the women saw dangers men were oblivious. 

Yeah... 'tension' might be a better word, but no matter the word it's taking place in a context of obvious love and affection.

Good catch on the Cat parallel.

Edit: I'm glad there are still Sansa threads; I hope that this season represented a course correction towards a more accurate character arc. (I'm not that hopeful though.)

I didn't foresee Sansa vs Jon conflict other than usual clash of characters. I saw her basically telling Jon to take the Lordship of Wf and then freaking out as LF looked at her and smirked.

Archived