The Whisper (Spoilers)

13 minutes ago, Red Tiger said:

Until GRRM says otherwise, Jon's Targname in my head is Aemon.:D

My first instinct was Jaeherys because of the j, then Viserys because of the connection to Aegon, Rhaenys, and Visenya, but he would have had an uncle Viserys not that much older. 

But I do remember about the Aemon story now.  

Didn't Ned say he would tell Jon about his mother at the Wall?  Could Benjen know and they were going to tell Jon together after Jon took the oath.  This way when WW's come Benjen can cross wall and tell Jon the truth to help him beat the WW.  I did not think Bran heard the whisper's words. 

29 minutes ago, Into the Weirwood said:

What I don't get is why would she give him a Valyrian name if she didn't want Robert to know he's a Targaryen? Did she know Ned would have to change it anyway but told him the name just for the emotional value of it?

Yeah, so one day Ned could tell him what name his mother gave him. Or not, still she had to name him.
Jon must be only Ned's idea. Since Robb was named after Robert Baratheon I guess Jon was named after Jon Arryn, the other head of the rebellion. 

2 hours ago, Shireen Purratheon said:

What did Lyanna whisper to Ned? I heard "His name is..." then a trail off. My buddy and I were saying it was probably a Valyrian name plus Targaryen that had to be changed, but we're by no means certain.

"If Robert finds out he'll kill......"

"you have to protect him"

"promise me Ned, promise me"

"promise me Ned"

2 hours ago, Shireen Purratheon said:

My first instinct was Jaeherys because of the j, then Viserys because of the connection to Aegon, Rhaenys, and Visenya, but he would have had an uncle Viserys not that much older. 

But I do remember about the Aemon story now.  

It will be something very similar to "Jon". So something like Jaehon.

Archived