Lyanna Mormont

5 hours ago, montey13 said:

I think it was Sansa that screwed up LF's plans....she got all the northern lords to fall in live behind Jon....getting little Lyanna to do it first was a stroke as it shamed all the other great northern lords

How did Sansa get the Northern lords to fall in line and get Lyanna to speak up???  Sansa didn't say a word. Where did you come up with this conclusion?  Or are you just assuming that Sansa plotted the whole thing?  Judging from her look and reaction to Littlefinger, I'm not so sure. Plus she was the only one to not join in with The King in the North chant. Maybe Tormund didn't either. 

52 minutes ago, StarkofWinterfell said:

I think Lyanna Mormont may have the hots for Jon. 

Um ... no. Lyanna in both books and show, apparently, is 10. In the books, Jon's about 15-16 at the end of Dance. The show aged most characters up by about five years, but apparently forgot to age up Lyanna Mormont accordingly. So ShowJon is presently around 20, and ShowLyanna was said to be a girl of 10 when she sent her letter to Stannis. I suppose a girl of 15 doesn't have quite the same impact. As such ... that's just way too big an age gap on the show, and she's just too young.

Respect for and faith in Jon, sure, she clearly has plenty of that. But I don't think we're going to see Lyanna Mormont expressing a romantic interest in Jon on the show (or in the books). At most, she might have a bit of a pre-teen crush on him.

Oooh, I just thought of something else I'd like to see happen - Lyanna Mormont meeting Dany.

1 minute ago, Kytheros said:

Um ... no. Lyanna in both books and show, apparently, is 10. In the books, Jon's about 15-16 at the end of Dance. The show aged most characters up by about five years, but apparently forgot to age up Lyanna Mormont accordingly. So ShowJon is presently around 20, and ShowLyanna was said to be a girl of 10 when she sent her letter to Stannis. I suppose a girl of 15 doesn't have quite the same impact. As such ... that's just way too big an age gap on the show, and she's just too young.

Respect for and faith in Jon, sure, she clearly has plenty of that. But I don't think we're going to see Lyanna Mormont expressing a romantic interest in Jon on the show (or in the books). At most, she might have a bit of a pre-teen crush on him.

Oooh, I just thought of something else I'd like to see happen - Lyanna Mormont meeting Dany.

I don't care for what happens in the books or the show. I am talking about 10, 15, or 20 years from now in the ASOIAF universe. Lyanna Mormont is a potential marriage for Jon.

Super confident kids who make snide remarks and scold adults tend to be really jarring, particularly in a warrior society but Lyanna Mormont nailed every one of her scenes. She's absolutely believable in her delivery and mildly terrifying. I love how she only speaks when she has something meaningful to say rather than talking for the sake of talking. The Sand Snakes could take lessons from her. 

I hope she'll be back next season (and that puberty won't hit her too hard just yet), though I'll advice that D&D use her sparingly despite her popularity as getting overexposed to her could have an opposite effect. 

I want her and Olenna to meet. I'll pay good money for that verbal match. 

8 minutes ago, Hangover of the Morning said:

Super confident kids who make snide remarks and scold adults tend to be really jarring, particularly in a warrior society but Lyanna Mormont nailed every one of her scenes. She's absolutely believable in her delivery and mildly terrifying. I love how she only speaks when she has something meaningful to say rather than talking for the sake of talking. The Sand Snakes could take lessons from her. 

I hope she'll be back next season (and that puberty won't hit her too hard just yet), though I'll advice that D&D use her sparingly despite her popularity as getting overexposed to her could have an opposite effect. 

I want her and Olenna to meet. I'll pay good money for that verbal match. 

The best meeting would have been between Lyanna and Stannis but alas :P

What is with the fact that everytime strong women do something awesome on the show, ppl in this forum have to point it out " girlpower yeeaar!!". Cant we just accept that women doing awesome stuff is nothing extraordinary and they do it all the time? I dont even care that much about feminist matters, but come on.

PS: im a man.

Archived