His name is.. (spoilers)

Aemon or Aeron would make sense. Aemon got foreshadowing from the books and actually it would be ornic if Jon accepted throne instead of rejecting it or vice versa mirroring Aemon Targaryen Maester of the Night's Watch. I could even see adopting this name out of respect to Maester Aemon.

Yeah I think I have my mind made up that she named him Azor. The way her lips move after saying "A" seems like she was saying Azor.

Also she more then likely knows about Rhaegar fondness for Prophecy and what not, so I throw my hat in with Azor.

6 minutes ago, Rhaegun said:

His name is already known.  Didn't Maester Aemon call out, "Aegon, is that you?"  If that's not typical GOT foreshadowing, I don't know what is.

Yeah but Jon wasn't there when he died, only Sam,Gilly, and baby Sam. Also I believe he was calling for Aegon( his brother ) to tell him their mother was looking for them.

Posted this on another thread-

Tried to put the volume up when Lyanna whispered his name and I think I could make it out. Sounded like Aegon. Makes sense Aegon, Jon if you shorten it. I always wondered why he didn't have a more traditional Stark name even though he was supposed to be a bastard. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of any other Starks with the name Jon. Are there any other Targarean names that sound like Jon if you shorten them?

I also think than Bran will start digging deeper to get more information so do not despair fellow fans this is not over. To me the Starks are for the most part honourable to the bone. I would not be surprised if Lyanna insisted on getting married before the baby was conceived.

It would be odd if he was named Aerys.

How can a character whom I adore (Jon) be named after someone whom I despise (Aerys).

2 hours ago, Drago said:

Posted this on another thread-

Tried to put the volume up when Lyanna whispered his name and I think I could make it out. Sounded like Aegon. Makes sense Aegon, Jon if you shorten it. I always wondered why he didn't have a more traditional Stark name even though he was supposed to be a bastard. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know of any other Starks with the name Jon. Are there any other Targarean names that sound like Jon if you shorten them?

I also think than Bran will start digging deeper to get more information so do not despair fellow fans this is not over. To me the Starks are for the most part honourable to the bone. I would not be surprised if Lyanna insisted on getting married before the baby was conceived.

Jon Stark was a king in the North a couple thousand years ago. He built the Wolf's Den.

I do not think it was Areys. My guess would be Aemon or Aejon (just for funsies).

Lyanna would not want to name her son after the man who killed her father and brother, despite is being Rhaegar's father.

On the topic of legitimacy.... Just because there was no Septon at the ToJ when Jon was born and Ned arrived, doesn't mean that they never had a chance to marry. It was more than likely before Jon was conceived, or even during, but that is at least 9 months of time to have it done. Why else would Rhaegar have had 3 of the Kingsgaurd there? To protect his mistress and bastard son, or to protect his wife and true born heir?

4 hours ago, Rhaegun said:

His name is already known.  Didn't Maester Aemon call out, "Aegon, is that you?"  If that's not typical GOT foreshadowing, I don't know what is.

Aegon was his youngest brother, whom he was very fond of. Kind Aegon the Unlikely he was called, because he was the youngest of his siblings, and so far removed to in line for the throne, no one expected him to take it.

On June 27, 2016 at 0:16 PM, TheOtherRedWoman said:

I do not think it was Areys. My guess would be Aemon or Aejon (just for funsies).

Lyanna would not want to name her son after the man who killed her father and brother, despite is being Rhaegar's father.

On the topic of legitimacy.... Just because there was no Septon at the ToJ when Jon was born and Ned arrived, doesn't mean that they never had a chance to marry. It was more than likely before Jon was conceived, or even during, but that is at least 9 months of time to have it done. Why else would Rhaegar have had 3 of the Kingsgaurd there? To protect his mistress and bastard son, or to protect his wife and true born heir?

But why have your wife and son and heir at an indefensible location like the ToJ when you could have had them at Starfall, a house loyal to the Targs, that conveniently sits by the sea to make for an easy escape if Robert's troops ever came?  It makes no logistical sense. Which is why I still stand by the A+L=J theory and Lyanna was a member of Rhaegar's personal guard. The KG were on lookout at the tower looking for approaching enemies to head them off before they reached Starfall where Ashara and Rhaegar's true son were at...  Lyanna being a member was with them. But she chose to stay with Arthur rather than leave her post due to her pregnancy.  Maybe because she knew that Arthur would never flee and if the enemy came he would fight and die there. Thus she could spend as much time with him as possible. 

3 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

But why have your wife and son and heir at an indefensible location like the ToJ when you could have had them at Starfall, a house loyal to the Targs, that conveniently sits by the sea to make for an easy escape if Robert's troops ever came?  It makes no logistical sense. Which is why I still stand by the A+L=J theory and Lyanna was a member of Rhaegar's personal guard. The KG were on lookout at the tower looking for approaching enemies to head them off before they reached Starfall where Ashara and Rhaegar's true son were at...  Lyanna being a member was with them. But she chose to stay with Arthur rather than leave her post due to her pregnancy.  Maybe because she knew that Arthur would never flee and if the enemy came he would fight and die there. Thus she could spend as much time with him as possible. 

So, this explains why Ned's memory of the Kingsguard is so much clearer than the memory of his best friends, who had vowed to himself to never forget?  Why Ned said that the Kingsguard were a wonder, a shining example to the world, and that Arthur was best among them?  It is really clear if you read this.

Archived