His name is.. (spoilers)

1 minute ago, Billabong said:

The Baratheon seed does, which is why the seed was strong and made as a point in the books, and it was proven throughout the book of history that both Ned and Arryn used to verify this. What has that list from reddit showed us? It has showed that most inconsistencies come from female Targeryens, or they are the  Bastards the products of infedelity and others have dubious status to their heritages?

I am quoting the wiki, where it says her brown hair lacked lustre meaning it was plain not dark and if her eyes are blue or grey, they are blue. Not dark brown/black.

If there has never been a Stark Targeryen baby, it doesn't logically defy science's biology. Who knows when its fantasy writing anway that can make up any explanation regardless.

My concern with it its obvious confusion.

When spoken like that it has confirmed everything including both your age and what else. But Arya is linking a hostile description my thanks for stating her description when her features had changed contorting from their usual appearances, proving nothing. Please try again

No point. Enjoy yourself.

2 hours ago, RhaeBee said:

According to a number of GoT related instagram accounts, his name is Jaehaerys Targaryen.

There is no proof of that: the showrunners deliberately hid the answer from us to cause all this blather.

But you know how these people are. They just keep repeating it over and over again, whatever it is. Some of them even believe their own fantasies. But at the end of the day, all that certainty means nothing.

There’s much better evidence that he’s Aemon Targaryen, but we should all really just wait and see. Pretending to know is always bad.

On June 27, 2016 at 0:09 AM, Lord Friendzone said:

Aemon or Aeron would make sense. Aemon got foreshadowing from the books and actually it would be ornic if Jon accepted throne instead of rejecting it or vice versa mirroring Aemon Targaryen Maester of the Night's Watch. I could even see adopting this name out of respect to Maester Aemon.

I'd love it to be either, but I think I would love Aeron most, even if a Greyjoy already has that name. 

But watching it a bazillion times, Lyanna definitely pronounces "Aer" before it cuts away. 

While The KG outside seem to know what went down at KL - I doubt they all know the details of "Burn Them All", and just how insane Rhaegar got after Rhaegar's disappearance. So Aerys isn't out of the question. It would also be a lovely way for Rhaegar to attempt to appease his father had they all lived.

There would be no reason for Lyanna to go against Rhaegar's wishes at that point.

37 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

There is no proof of that: the showrunners deliberately hid the answer from us to cause all this blather.

But you know how these people are. They just keep repeating it over and over again, whatever it is. Some of them even believe their own fantasies. But at the end of the day, all that certainty means nothing.

There’s much better evidence that he’s Aemon Targaryen, but we should all really just wait and see. Pretending to know is always bad.

Yeah, I thought that too after watching the episode. I was convinced that we were not supposed to understand what Lyanna whispered to Ned.

then I saw Jaehaerys being all the rage and it occurred to me that maybe someone did some sound hacks and figured out what was said, like they did with the letter Sansa wrote (quite obviously) to Littlefinger. But yeah, I checked the theory on google and it appears to be just that. One theory among thousand other theories. 

I personally hoped that he would have a Rhaesomething name after Rhaegar which would also match Rhaegal and that would be cheesy enough for me to like as well. 

Btw, why does it matter whether Lyanna had grey or blue eyes? O.o 

I haven't read all the responses, but my guess is:

Aemon

plus Gilly's baby has been called Sam rather than Aemon (as in the books) and I think that goes to the showrunners' aversion to duplicating canon character names.

Just now, RhaeBee said:

Erm... What? 

Aemon vs Jaehaerys... *hmm* Aeron? Rhaemon? :lol: I'm just making this up as I go. 

I feel like he would be more open to Aemon than Jaehaerys. 

How do you guys pronounce Jaehaerys btw? 

I tend to pronounce it Juh-hair-iss, but that's just me. I acknowledge it could also be be Jay-hair-iss. I also pronounce Viserys as Viss-air-iss. Aegon is like Egon from Ghostbusters but with a long A instead of a long E. Daenerys and Aerys and Aemon and Rhaegar are like in the show.

8 minutes ago, Shireen Purratheon said:

I tend to pronounce it Juh-hair-iss, but that's just me. I acknowledge it could also be be Jay-hair-iss. I also pronounce Viserys as Viss-air-iss. Aegon is like Egon from Ghostbusters but with a long A instead of a long E. Daenerys and Aerys and Aemon and Rhaegar are like in the show.

I say Jeh-hair-iss. And Air-iss and Dan-air-iss. But I say Rhaegar and Aegon and Aemon with A as in 'say'. Which is stupid because Egg is for Aegon and that only really makes sense when you pronounce it Egon. 

5 minutes ago, Billabong said:

Color makes color, not a lack of color. Introducing a lack of color with color can lose that color. Grey or blue is practically the same although when I think of blue I think of a sapphire deep blue, not a light a baby blue. As eyes age they loss their lustre signalling a grey or murky blue. Although who knows what if they are blue or grey not dark brown/black?

What does that even mean? 

Eyes are not one solid color. And every color has different shades. I have light grayish blue eyes, but my mother has darker, deeper blue eyes. My great grandmother had eyes that were blue on the outside, but brown around the pupil. Eye colors also look different in different lighting and contrast.  I'm still not sure what was the fundamental issue behind the Lyanna's eye color debate, but Martin's use of genetics is a complete mess in the story and eye color is also not top priority during casting, so everybody has whatever color eyes Martin wants/the actors/actresses casted for the particular role have. Harry Potter didn't have green eyes in the films either :dunno: 

37 minutes ago, RhaeBee said:

I say Jeh-hair-iss. And Air-iss and Dan-air-iss. But I say Rhaegar and Aegon and Aemon with A as in 'say'. Which is stupid because Egg is for Aegon and that only really makes sense when you pronounce it Egon.

I agree wholeheartedly with the long A sound, though. Egg-on makes me so uncomfortable. Aemon should have a long A to differentiate from the short E like Emmon Frey or Emmon Cuy. Rhaegar with a short E sound just sounds silly, right?

2 hours ago, Billabong said:

2 hours ago, Shireen Purratheon said:

I agree wholeheartedly with the long A sound, though. Egg-on makes me so uncomfortable. Aemon should have a long A to differentiate from the short E like Emmon Frey or Emmon Cuy. Rhaegar with a short E sound just sounds silly, right?

Yeah, Rhaegar sounds absolutely horrible with a short E. That's part of the reason why I can't bear to watch the dubbed version of the show. Reh-gar Tar-gahr-yen. *shudders* 

On 6/28/2016 at 11:21 PM, Les Météores D said:

Jaehaerys or bust.

And how! Jaehaerys I was among the best of the Targaryen kings, (if not the best) and was known for making an effort to really bring the North into the fold. They called him the Conciliator. He ended the war with the Faith Militant (!!!) in a peaceable manner. (while also taking away their right to conduct trials and shit like that.) He was The Guy(tm) that basically made the Seven Kingdoms a peaceful place. Stabilizing laws throughout and shit. I could see Rhaegar naming his son Jaehaerys, not just after his grandpa (who was not as cool as the OG Jaehaerys) and Lyanna thinking the name was cool too. Jaehaerys has this bomb ass reputation in the North. He was the North's favorite Targ like, ever. 

If his name isnt Jaehaerys, i root for Aemon for a lot of really big reasons.

42 minutes ago, ToTheWolves said:

What the...

Yeah, i dunno mang. I feel like somewhere along the line, this thread just went off the rails.

Also probably off topic but, upon this Jon snow reveal. I've come to find out that not too many people caught on to Jon being named after Jon arryn. The guy who fostered Ned. I've seen some YouTube comments like "Oyea his name is jaeharys so Ned kept the J and named him Jon. 

[MOD]

There is way too much name-calling and trolling going on in this thread.

I have deleted a bunch of posts and edited others that quoted the deletions.

In future, if you think someone is trolling, please use the report function.

[/MOD]

1 hour ago, ToTheWolves said:

Also probably off topic but, upon this Jon snow reveal. I've come to find out that not too many people caught on to Jon being named after Jon arryn. The guy who fostered Ned. I've seen some YouTube comments like "Oyea his name is jaeharys so Ned kept the J and named him Jon. 

It's been mentioned a few times.  While the origin of the name "Jon" is known in the books, I'm not sure if it has been explicitly mentioned in the show.  I'd have to go back and re-watch season 1.

But yeah, the "He kept the 'J'" thing is not credible.  I like Jaeherys as a possibility because he was Rhaegar's grandfather.

On June 28, 2016 at 3:43 PM, StoneyTargaryen said:

read a buzzfeed article that says Jaehaerys. I buy and like that but not totally sold. I'll post link when I can

Although Aerys’s father in the books was Jaehaerys II, the showrunners deleted Jaehaerys II and made Aegon V the father of the Aerys.

So Rhaegar’s grandfather in the show was Aegon V not Jaehaerys II.

2 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Although Aerys’s father in the books was Jaehaerys II, the showrunners deleted Jaehaerys II and made Aegon V the father of the Aerys.

So Rhaegar’s grandfather in the show was Aegon V not Jaehaerys II.

They did?! I never noticed that. Seems really silly and pointless, its not lile they developed that chatacter at all. I still like Jaehaerys most of all for Jon's name, I think.

To callback to earlier on the thread, I was under the impression that Lyanna's eye color has never been confirmed? That grey and blue are just speculations.

Archived