His name is.. (spoilers)

So this is what I heard/saw in the whisper at the Tower of Joy: 

“his name is” and "Robert will kill him if he finds out, you know he will, you have to protect him" 

I think she revealed the baby to be a legitimate royal child by calling him [insert opinions here] Targaryen.

Thoughts?

I've dissected it any times already. 

Whatever the full name is, it definitely started with the Ae____, typical to Targaryen type.

You can't name the Prince That Was Promised anything other than Aegon, I figure.

7 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Whatever the full name is, it definitely started with the Ae____, typical to Targaryen type.

You can't name the Prince That Was Promised anything other than Aegon, I figure.

That's what I thought too.. but was the real Aegon was still alive at the time? Or if not, I don't think Lyanna could have known that. Or maybe she did it as tribute and for the prophecy. I'm not sure. I like to idea of Aemon.. or something like Aeghar maybe? Too close to Rhaegar, I think. So much time to guess, lol.

6 minutes ago, King Edd of House Tollet said:

AND HIS NOME IS JOHN CENAAAA

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Rofl!

9 minutes ago, Morgain said:

Get the lip readers on it.

Trying.. surprised they haven't already deciphered it. When Sansa wrore that lette, I saw the "summary" online almost immediately.

5 minutes ago, StoneyTargaryen said:

That's what I thought too.. but was the real Aegon was still alive at the time? Or if not, I don't think Lyanna could have known that. Or maybe she did it as tribute and for the prophecy. I'm not sure. I like to idea of Aemon.. or something like Aeghar maybe? Too close to Rhaegar, I think. So much time to guess, lol.

That's a good point, actually. Elia and her children by Rhaegar were definitely still alive at that point. And while it may be projecting given how little text there is [about Lyanna's intrinsic character as an individual] it's hard to imagine she would further disrespect Elia by appropriating the name as well.

Definitely started with an Ae though.

Aeddard maybe, hahaha 

13 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

"His name is Aejon Targaryen", Lyanna

"I'll just call him Jon", Ned

5 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Aemon? Aemond? I doubt Rhaegar would name both his sons Aegon

4 minutes ago, King Edd of House Tollet said:

AND HIS NOME IS JOHN CENAAAA

Sorry, I couldn't resist

Before any comments ;)

4 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

That's a good point, actually. Elia and her children by Rhaegar were definitely still alive at that point. And while it may be projecting given how little text there is [about Lyanna's intrinsic character as an individual] it's hard to imagine she would further disrespect Elia by appropriating the name as well.

Aeddard maybe, hahaha 

Omg, please. One further.. Raeddard. Haha

4 minutes ago, tmug said:

"His name is Aejon Targaryen", Lyanna

"I'll just call him Jon", Ned

Hahah, Ned keeps it simple.

3 minutes ago, Marada78 said:

Aemon would be nice, but is sounded more like something new for house Targaryen, something like Aewon

Ae-be-wan

8 minutes ago, JEORDHl said:

Aeddard maybe, hahaha 

By the time Ned got to the ToJ Jon was just born and, Elia and her children were already dead, right? I remember Ned called their deaths murder, Robert said he was cool with it, they argue, and Ned heads south to deal with the Tyrells and find Lyanna.

Just now, Sir Matthis Light said:

By the time Ned got to the ToJ, Elia and her children were already dead, right? I remember Ned called their deaths murder, Robert said he was cool with it, they argue, and Ned heads south to deal with the Tyrells and find Lyanna.

You might have me there. I'm wracking my brain trying to put the timeline together. The Kingsguard at the ToJ mentioned their misery at not being at the Battle of the Trident so Rhaegar was already dead. But had the Lannisters moved on Kings Landing by or before Ned got the ToJ? I honestly have no idea. 

1 minute ago, Sir Matthis Light said:

By the time Ned got to the ToJ, Elia and her children were already dead, right? I remember Ned called their deaths murder, Robert said he was cool with it, they argue, and Ned heads south to deal with the Tyrells and find Lyanna.

That's true. They were dead by the time Ned got there. But how much of that could Lyanna have known prior to his arrival? They didn't seem to have the time to have talked about it when he found her and for her to have then decided on the name right there after hearing the news. Felt like she had picked it before Ned arrived. But it's possible. 

What are everyone's thoughts on his legitimacy? I think there's no way they weren't married.. I don't see them having a reason to hide her saying "his name is X Snow/Sand" if hes a bastard, as it still fits with part of what we already knew of Jon Snow.

1 minute ago, JEORDHl said:

You might have me there. I'm wracking my brain trying to put the timeline together. The Kingsguard at the ToJ mentioned their misery at not being at the Battle of the Trident so Rhaegar was already dead. But had the Lannisters moved on Kings Landing by or before Ned got the ToJ? I honestly have no idea. 

Same here lol. You might be right but if IIRC, After the battle on the Trident Robert was wounded after his duel with Rhaegar, so he sent Ned to ahead to King's Landing. Then got to KL but the Lannister beat him to it, Robert caught up and he was presented with the bodies of Elia and her children. Then Ned and Robert argue over if their deaths were right or wrong, Robert didn't care and Ned heads out in a blind rage to deal with Tyrells and find Lyanna.

Atleast thats wwhat I remember.

Archived