Too easy for Dany

Marada78

I mean, she has not only 3 Dragons, Unsullied and Dothrakis. She has got already 2 of 7 kindoms backing her, while the other 5 kindoms are all but unite. Stormlands are free to take, Riverlands almost the same with the Freys out of the picture and Lannister that will probably have already their handfull elsewhere. The north and the Vale are somewhat independent.

So it seems like she will just arrive and weep the Lannister with her Army, attack KL with Dragons (remember Bran vision of a dragon shadow on KL) and the by the time she has conquered everything south of the Neck she will realize that there is another war at the North she knows nothing about.

Exactly. It all goes so easy for her, it is like picking ripe apples from the lowest hanging branch. Can't wait to see a real challenge for her. I'm getting bored of her getting all the final shots of the episodes. Yawn.

Yup, this is why I think she will die. She has been both in the show and book a character that aside from he first season, was granted everything. Yes, she had to fight for some but it all came to easy.

i think she will die especially because she said she will not have any more children which is another red calling for me

Don't forget Euron, with the possible reveal of Jon as the True Targaryen Heir things might get ugly.

What if Randall Tarly wants to take the Reach as his own and backs Jon ? (Team littlefinger) What if Jaime wants to fulfill his oath to protect Rhaegars children and backs Jon? What if the Riverlands rise up for the tullys now that the Freys are without a strong lord and back Jon?

So much can happen next season, so many unknowns now that the books are past us.

We Shall See.

Her story line on the show has been really boring this year, and it looks like this cycle will continue. She has the support, the dragons, and it  looks like she will marry Jon. Where is the conflict? The only place I can see it coming from is the Citadel. I am also tired of the final shots each season, D&D really need to stop rehashing scenes and dialogue. I have been re-watching clips from previous seasons, and the same lines keep popping up: 20 good men, a wise man once said, a threat from Viserys to Dany that the Dothraki later use, and others I can't think of right now. I guess it needs its own thread. It seems lazy to me.

10 hours ago, Marada78 said:

I mean, she has not only 3 Dragons, Unsullied and Dothrakis.

Normally I would say that having 3 dragons, an army of castrated baby murdering sociopaths, a barbarian horde who thinks rape is part of day to day culture, a fleet of iron born and a bunch of dornish would be more of a liability in the end. In any sensible logical construction this is a force that would devour itself before it did anything productive. However, making things easy for Dany seems to be, along with destroying characters and poor writing, the main job of the writers of the series.

10 hours ago, Marada78 said:

I mean, she has not only 3 Dragons, Unsullied and Dothrakis. She has got already 2 of 7 kindoms backing her, while the other 5 kindoms are all but unite. Stormlands are free to take, Riverlands almost the same with the Freys out of the picture and Lannister that will probably have already their handfull elsewhere. The north and the Vale are somewhat independent.

So it seems like she will just arrive and weep the Lannister with her Army, attack KL with Dragons (remember Bran vision of a dragon shadow on KL) and the by the time she has conquered everything south of the Neck she will realize that there is another war at the North she knows nothing about.

She is a strong independent wyman.She cant lose that would be misoginistic.

Orphaned as a child, exiled, wanders a foreign land as a beggar for more than a decade, sold to a barbarian king, brother murdered by husband, husband and unborn child die, climbs on funeral pyre with husband, survives and hatches dragons, left to die in the Red Waste, abducted by warlocks, nearly assassinated, betrayed by closest advisor, conquers and liberates slave cities, dragon eats child, "forced" to imprison dragons in the interest of public safety, slaves cities revolt, new closest advisor killed in the insurgency, nearly killed in arena by insurgency, abducted by barbarians and sentenced to live in queen's convent (at best), goes all godlike to kill barbarian kings and unite barbarians, defeats insurgency with dragons and barbarians, forges alliance with Iron Islands, the Reach, and Dorne, realizes she's a political figure and not a real person, can't have a real person's relationship, sacrifices lover for her ambitions. All that gets her on a boat with an opportunity to fight for a Targaryen Restoration.

Total cakewalk. If only my life could be so uncomplicated.

5 minutes ago, Greg B said:

Orphaned as a child, exiled, wanders a foreign land as a beggar for more than a decade, sold to a barbarian king, brother murdered by husband, husband and unborn child die, climbs on funeral pyre with husband, survives and hatches dragons, left to die in the Red Waste, abducted by warlocks, nearly assassinated, betrayed by closest advisor, conquers and liberates slave cities, dragon eats child, "forced" to imprison dragons in the interest of public safety, slaves cities revolt, new closest advisor killed in the insurgency, nearly killed in arena by insurgency, abducted by barbarians and sentenced to live in queen's convent (at best), goes all godlike to kill barbarian kings and unite barbarians, defeats insurgency with dragons and barbarians, forges alliance with Iron Islands, the Reach, and Dorne, realizes she's a political figure and not a real person, can't have a real person's relationship, sacrifices lover for her ambitions. All that gets her on a boat with an opportunity to fight for a Targaryen Restoration.

it is a total cakewalk, had other characters done what she did, he/she would have been dead many seasons ago.

21 minutes ago, ewantu2 said:

Only a fool could lose in Danny position. Something is going to happen to give Danny a disadvantage, She out numbers Lanisters 3:1. This war should be over in 3 episodes at most. But I expect Euron is going capture Danny dragons. 

Yes. Zombies.

4 minutes ago, Greg B said:

Yeah Rob had everything going for him, until he didn't. Stannis had everything going for him, until he didn't. 

It has taken Dany 6 season to finally sail to Westeros, Of course it was going to look Boss, and Of course she was going to come out of Meereen at the height of her strength.

Make no mistake though, this IS Game of Thrones, and Dany will have an Army made up of mostly desert warriors that will be marching and fighting in snow, up to 100 feet deep, and food will become an issue. It will become apparent all to quickly that most of her army is just meat for the Night King's army.

1 minute ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Yeah, the Great Game is really not that terrifying when your potential enemies are Cersei Lannister, Jon Snow and Euron "Let's build ships with no trees" Greyjoy. 

The only thing that can stop Dany is science. Go Citadel!

If it was too easy for Dany, she'd already be sitting on The Iron Throne. 

If we were betting, she'd be overwhelming favorite to win the Throne at this point out of time, given the sheer size of her fleet, but this is Game of Thrones, and we have 2 seasons left - clearly it won't be just as simple as her showing up with all her people, fighting, and winning. 

There's more twists and turns in Dany's story, and her overwhelming odds makes me think she's actually not going to be one to sit the throne. 

Archived