Too easy for Dany

Marada78

10 hours ago, RoamingRonin said:

Too easy? I wish. Her army will be as powerful as the story requires. Think about it: the Unsullied should have been able to wipe out the Sons of the Harpy but they struggled against them.

I think she didn't reach Westeros in the finale because she will have to battle Euron by sea. That will knock out a large portion of her army. Then there's the fact that Ellaria killed Tyrion's niece. That will result in some infighting. I highly doubt that King Jon kindly bend the knee now that he has a unified north behind him. Let's not forget winter has finally come.

It won't be easy for her.

Eh ... to be fair, the Unsullied are field infantry. The Sons of the Harpy were an insurgency based in a populated city.

If you put all of the Sons of the Harpy on a battlefield in a stand-up fight against the Unsullied, the Unsullied steamroller them. But that's not what the Sons of the Harpy were doing. The Sons of the Harpy were going for soft targets or ambushing small patrols with overwhelming force.

The Sons of the Harpy are urban terrorists/insurgents, not soldiers, and acted accordingly. Is it really so hard to believe the Unsullied had trouble tracking them down after they broke contact?

16 hours ago, RoamingRonin said:

Too easy? I wish. Her army will be as powerful as the story requires. Think about it: the Unsullied should have been able to wipe out the Sons of the Harpy but they struggled against them.

I think she didn't reach Westeros in the finale because she will have to battle Euron by sea. That will knock out a large portion of her army. Then there's the fact that Ellaria killed Tyrion's niece. That will result in some infighting. I highly doubt that King Jon kindly bend the knee now that he has a unified north behind him. Let's not forget winter has finally come.

It won't be easy for her.

Both the book and the show made a point to let viewers/readers know that the unsullied are soldiers not guards or peace keepers

Archived