Jaimie finally gonna kill Cersei now?

That thing was a bit disappointing. I always thought she might threaten to burn the whole city of KL and Jamie had to kill her, repeating what he did 20 years ago with the Mad King. And then the prophecy would be fullfilled, the younger sibling... well, it was a beautiful plan I had...

I don't know. Jamie is not a consistent character anymore, so I cannot predict anything.

I'm the same, twilight, I thought (and still think, perhaps) that in the books Cersei wouldn't actually set off wildfire in the city. Jaime would get to her before she could finish it. In the show, I think this is their way of setting Jaime and Cersei at odds, but it's not nearly as strong as him realizing for himself that Cersei is toxic. Anyone with a decent bone in their body would be horrified at what Cersei has done at this point. Show Jaime is less complex and interesting in this version, which is not news for anyone.

What interested me in the theory of Jaime killing Cersei preemptively is how he would feel about it. I never saw him as lashing out in anger or vengeance, but moreso for the same reasons he put down the mad king - because the consequences of not doing so were horrific. Damn his honor and vows. I can't imagine how they portray their relationship going forward and what new levels of horror Cersei has to rise to to get Jaime to put her down. If Jaime just decides enough is enough, then it is more like a domestic squabble turned deadly than a clarifying moment for Jaime. But I'm way ahead of myself. We shall see how their plays out going forward. And I'm assuming a lot in that Jaime will be her killer (but I've been sold on that long before Maggy's prophecy)

As i previously said in another thread, it all will come to a point where Jaime won't care at all about her being alive or not, it doesn't matter if he will be the one who kills her or Tyrion or another character. She will mean nothing to him in the end and he will not give a damn about her death.

Yes, he will finally kill her and then kill himself because he can't go on without her. That look he gave her said it all; he killed Aerys for threatening to do the thing his sister (partially) did.

Show Cersei is a little too calm and accepting about losing her last two children in this season, but with both of them gone, she'll be completely unhinged. She'll attempt to burn the rest of KL once Dany invades and Jaime will have to strangle her as the prophecy stated.   

There was no valonqar prophecy in the show, right? Only the bit about the dead children and the younger more beautiful queen.

Cersei will eventually be killed by Jaime, I think, but Cersei certainly should remain on the Iron Throne for the better part of next season.

3 minutes ago, Lord Varys said:

There was no valonqar prophecy in the show, right? Only the bit about the dead children and the younger more beautiful queen.

Cersei will eventually be killed by Jaime, I think, but Cersei certainly should remain on the Iron Throne for the better part of next season.

Aye, there was no Valonqar part to it. But until this season, it was never mentioned that powerful spells were woven/carved into the wall, until Benjen CH came along. The show seems to like to add things shortly before it's too late to implement it to make sense of it all... unfortunately.

5 minutes ago, Atroksia said:

Aye, there was no Valonqar part to it. But until this season, it was never mentioned that powerful spells were woven/carved into the wall, until Benjen CH came along. The show seems to like to add things shortly before it's too late to implement it to make sense of it all... unfortunately.

I thought that the reason why the valonqar part was omitted was similar to why TOJ was only featured in S6 and the vast majority of Dany's visions at the HOTU were altered: it would have been too obvious for the audience to guess and predict the outcome of the plot.

Seriously Dany sees a man sitting on a throne, his head belongs to a wolf and he wears a crown. Shortly afterwards King Robb is invited to a wedding.

It would have been so easy for the viewers to understand what would happen to Robb.

1 hour ago, GeorgeIAF said:

As i previously said in another thread, it all will come to a point where Jaime won't care at all about her being alive or not, it doesn't matter if he will be the one who kills her or Tyrion or another character. She will mean nothing to him in the end and he will not give a damn about her death.

Yeah I see this happening too.

2 minutes ago, Danelle said:

I thought that the reason why the valonqar part was omitted was similar to why TOJ was only featured in S6 and the vast majority of Dany's visions at the HOTU were altered: it would have been too obvious for the audience to guess and predict the outcome of the plot.

The valonqar actually could have helped obscure things because Cersei and Jaime are twins and no one considers him her little brother. But then, show Tyrion would never murder anyone without good reason, so...

2 minutes ago, Danelle said:

Seriously Dany sees a man sitting on a throne, his head belongs to a wolf and he wears a crown. Shortly afterwards King Robb is invited to a wedding.

I caught that but allowed myself to get confused by potential glimpse of the past. Besides, there were much more interesting visions in the House of the Undying they could have used. Now it seems pretty clear that the show was foreshadowing Dany's marriage to Jon Snow.

13 minutes ago, Atroksia said:

Well, we didn't really need that little tidbit of information, or did we? We won't get a valonqar part in the show but Jaime is still very likely to kill Cersei for this or that reason.

I'm pretty sure that the cutting of Lady Stoneheart and Aegon completely ruined Jaime's arc in the show because I really see him joining Aegon's Kingsguard to make amends for his betrayals. And this is what's going to permanently separate him from Cersei and his children (whose true parentage he'll reveal in the process). This will also put Jaime on different sides as both Cersei and Tyrion later on, greatly increasing the potential drama between the siblings in the books.

32 minutes ago, Sand11751 said:

Show Cersei is a little too calm and accepting about losing her last two children in this season, but with both of them gone, she'll be completely unhinged. She'll attempt to burn the rest of KL once Dany invades and Jaime will have to strangle her as the prophecy stated.   

I was taken aback by how accepting of 'fate' she was with Myrcella's death, but there was no doubt she grieved. I think with Tommen she was a bit resigned to his fate. When it finally came to pass, she was probably a combination of numb/broken/accepting so that I bought the calm. It's much more scary than blind anger.

I don't think Jaime will ever get to the point where he doesn't care about Cersei at all - I think they are too intertwined for him not to love her. that is not the same as refusing to be caught up in her games and be manipulated by her anymore. If Jaime does kill Cersei, I would hope it's partly because he does still love her, or it loses some of it's pathos.

3 hours ago, twilight said:

That thing was a bit disappointing. I always thought she might threaten to burn the whole city of KL and Jamie had to kill her, repeating what he did 20 years ago with the Mad King. And then the prophecy would be fullfilled, the younger sibling... well, it was a beautiful plan I had...

I don't know. Jamie is not a consistent character anymore, so I cannot predict anything.

I think she still might. She's on the throne now but she has NO support. There isn't anyone in the Stormlands, the Tyrells and Martells just declared war via Dany, the Lannister ally in the Riverlands is dead, the Iron Islands are at war with themselves but one side supports Dany while the other wants all of Westeros, and Jon was just basically voted King in the North. So Cersei has a rough road ahead and I can see her trying to utilize Wildfire to literally destroy everything in her way. Jaime is already not OK with any of it, so it only gets worse from here. 

Jaime's not really consistent, but I think that makes him one of the most realistic characters on the show; most people aren't realistic. I'm not sure if he kills Cersei or leaves her to die (Dragon fire seems appropriate, considering her new love of burning things), but it'll be one or the other and probably pretty early in season 7. 

I don't think he'll die with her though, he has way too many open plotlines left. I don't think he'll resolve all of them, unless literally all the characters eventually are in one place, but I'd bet money that Jaime will have scenes before his end with either Bran, Brienne, Tyrion, or Dany, or some combination therein. 

Just now, Rumy Stark said:

I think she still might. She's on the throne now but she has NO support. There isn't anyone in the Stormlands, the Tyrells and Martells just declared war via Dany, the Lannister ally in the Riverlands is dead, the Iron Islands are at war with themselves but one side supports Dany while the other wants all of Westeros, and Jon was just basically voted King in the North. So Cersei has a rough road ahead and I can see her trying to utilize Wildfire to literally destroy everything in her way. Jaime is already not OK with any of it, so it only gets worse from here. 

So what if Cersei forms an alliance with King Euron?

A match made in Heaven.

At this point, what does it matter?  Larry deciding now after ALL of this that there might be something wrong with Carol doesn't make me sympathize with him.  

But even if he does kill her, no where in the show has the valonqar prophesy been shown.  Only that Cersei's children would die.  So if he strangles her, it will be just another visceral death scene with no context.

Archived