Jaimie finally gonna kill Cersei now?

2 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

OH GOSH. Oh my, that is an idea....

And I am not joking.

Jaime seems mildly disturbed by the fact that his beloved sis killed their uncle, their cousin,  their daughter in law, her father and brother, along with several highborn nobles and indirectly caused their last remaining child to commit suicide.

Cersei forming an alliance with King Euron is the next logical step. If his nephew and niece are supporting Dany, then he might as well seek to form an alliance with someone else from Westeros.

Dorne, Reach have already supported Dany, the North will never aid a Greyjoy so that leaves Queen Cersei at KL.

1 minute ago, Danelle said:

And I am not joking.

Jaime seems mildly disturbed by the fact that his beloved sis killed their uncle, their cousin,  their daughter in law, her father and brother, along with several highborn nobles and indirectly caused their last remaining child to commit suicide.

Cersei forming an alliance with King Euron is the next logical step. If his nephew and niece are supporting Dany, then he might as well seek to form an alliance with someone else from Westeros.

Dorne, Reach have already supported Dany, the North will never aid a Greyjoy so that leaves Queen Cersei at KL.

I mean seriously, I just opened a thread about this in the general GoT. This is absolutely the most logical next step and you've kind of blown my mind. 

10 hours ago, Danelle said:

So what if Cersei forms an alliance with King Euron?

A match made in Heaven.

^^^ this is the one I'm reading among several boards, and worries me most. If winter is here, how will the southern lands be able to fight in several feet of snow? Dothraki in loin cloths, Dornish armies barely clothed, Unsullied have bare arms, etc. Unless the dragons clear a path for a fair fighting ground or it ALL takes place at sea...Euron and his Greyjoy army from the Pyke fighting for KL. 

I'm honesty not totally sold that show Jamie will kill Cersei. He just claimed he would do anything to be with her. Kill children, etc.

I'm sure he's not happy about Tommens death indirectly from Cerseis actions but he was never too visibly broken up over the death of any of his children. So I doubt it's enough to turn him against Cersei. 

Her burning down/blowing up the Sept of Baelor is the biggest thing to have him turn on Cersei. It's the reason he killed Aerys. Even then, I don't see show Jamie killing her. 

I know the popular opinion is that he will because it's setting up that way in the books... But at this point I don't see it in the show. Down the road maybe, but I feel as though these episodes next season will fly and don't think there'll be enough to set up Jamie killing Cersei (at least not believably). 

I could definitely see it. For starters she got their last child killed, secondly she killed their uncle in cousin in the process and turned their most powerful ally against them. She also named Qyburn her hand and basically killed everyone, directly or indirectly, that could stand in the way of her crowning herself. Not to mention his past experiences with Aerys and the wildfire. I think she's finally gone too far even for him given the look on his face, it wouldn't surprise me if the thought that she orchestrated it all so she could crown herself occurs to him. I also imagine she will start treating him like shit like in the books and that will also play a role in him abandoning her and possibly killing her.

10 hours ago, ImNoSer said:

I think its almost certain now that cersei will burn kings landing. This finale was just a warmup.

Once daenerys attacks kingslanding, she will blow the entire city up. and everyone will die except for daenerys and her dragons since shes immune to fire.

I think this is close.

I believe Dany will come in and unseat Cersei, fulfilling the younger, more beautiful queen from the prophesy.  She will attempt to retaliate by using the rest of the wildfire hidden under King's Landing and Jaime will kill her in order to prevent the destruction, fulfilling the rest of the prophesy.

Yeah I thought that scene of Jamie watching his sister take the throne was chilling, he has seen this before, did the right thing and was scorned for years! Now he doesn't care about scorn or family or anything much now! He is her toy nothing more, no Raven, no thought of letting him see tommen first?he will kill her maybe as kl burns what does he care!!!!! His arc is so up and down, he just threatened to lob a babby into river run but maybe if brienne and dany have a clearly right choice he may make it, but after cersei dies! Shame shame shame great loved it! Those dungeons are terrifying ! Truly lost to the world!!!!

15 hours ago, twilight said:

That thing was a bit disappointing. I always thought she might threaten to burn the whole city of KL and Jamie had to kill her, repeating what he did 20 years ago with the Mad King. And then the prophecy would be fullfilled, the younger sibling... well, it was a beautiful plan I had...

I don't know. Jamie is not a consistent character anymore, so I cannot predict anything.

The series isn't over yet.

12 hours ago, Apathetic Onlooker said:

At this point, what does it matter?  Larry deciding now after ALL of this that there might be something wrong with Carol doesn't make me sympathize with him.  

But even if he does kill her, no where in the show has the valonqar prophesy been shown.  Only that Cersei's children would die.  So if he strangles her, it will be just another visceral death scene with no context.

Yeah, fuck Larry and Carol!!

Jamie clearly didn't like what he saw when he returned to KL.  He may or may not be thinking strategically (what's left of the faithful and of House Tyrell will be gunning for them now), but the idea that the new queen, his sister and lover, would kill a few hundred people in a way reminiscent of the mad king must surely have the gears grinding in his head. 

I'm thinking Jamie will be the end of Cersie. In the book he was disgusted with her a long time ago, I think now that the kids are all dead and she has done what he tried to prevent The Mad King from doing, he will not be able to forgive her-or his self for that matter.

I think my favorite idea is that Jamie will kill Cersie when Dany gets there as a way of making amends for killing her father and all the other horrible things that have happened since, then he will kill his self.

He CAN'T be allowed to live once Dany is in power (he killed her dad, I mean...come on?) and Tyrion will want to save him because he has always loved Jamie and owes him his life. But he's the hand of the New Queen now.... that will put Tyrion in a very awkward position.

I think Jamie will see his fate, know that there is no life for him with Dany on the throne anyways and will just be done with it.

They came into this world together....

If Jamie kills Cersei he is left with nothing. He said to Edmure he would slaughter every man, woman and babe to get back to her. So if he kills her it wouldn't be to save others like he killed the Mad King. I thought then, maybe if she become something horrible, Jamie would kill her out of mercy. But Jamie sad he loves her despite Cersei being a hateful woman. 

If Jamie killed her, it would be because her personality has transcended into something beyond hateful that not even Jamie  could accept. Cersei would have to really fly off the deep end for Jamie to kill her. 

23 minutes ago, Elaflynts said:

I'm thinking Jamie will be the end of Cersie. In the book he was disgusted with her a long time ago, I think now that the kids are all dead and she has done what he tried to prevent The Mad King from doing, he will not be able to forgive her-or his self for that matter.

I think my favorite idea is that Jamie will kill Cersie when Dany gets there as a way of making amends for killing her father and all the other horrible things that have happened since, then he will kill his self.

He CAN'T be allowed to live once Dany is in power (he killed her dad, I mean...come on?) and Tyrion will want to save him because he has always loved Jamie and owes him his life. But he's the hand of the New Queen now.... that will put Tyrion in a very awkward position.

I think Jamie will see his fate, know that there is no life for him with Dany on the throne anyways and will just be done with it.

They came into this world together....

If Jaime doesn't kill himself after killing Cersei, I doubt that Daenerys will let him inherit Casterly Rock (if the Rock still stands).  She might listen to Tyrion enough to exile Jaime to the Wall (if the Wall still stands).

I've thought for years that Jaime will be Cersei's Valonquar, though...

I think it is the Hound kills her.

He is the mountain's little brother. His whole life has been defined by being the little brother.

Anyone who kills Cersei has to kill the mountain first.

The red woman is headed to the riverlands and the BwB. She is going to meet Arya again. Ergo Arya meets up with the hound. Whether she kills the red woman is unknown. 

The hound has found a niche for himself righting wrongs. The murder of everyone in the sept would demand that.

When I first saw Jaime returning to King's Landing near the end of the episode, I said to my wife "Please kill Cersei! Please kill Cersei!".

And then my hopes were completely crushed in the following scene where Cersei was made queen (or whatever that was).

I then thought "Nooooooooo!  Now I have to suffer another season with Lena Headey's interpretation of Cersei".  No doubt we will have more scenes where she speaks in a very calm and restrained voice, and even more scenes where the show writers try to portray her as being sympathetic. 

I do think that Jaime will finally start down the road of turning against her.  It's too bad it's nearly two seasons too late.

10 minutes ago, hallam said:

I think it is the Hound kills her.

He is the mountain's little brother. His whole life has been defined by being the little brother.

Anyone who kills Cersei has to kill the mountain first.

The red woman is headed to the riverlands and the BwB. She is going to meet Arya again. Ergo Arya meets up with the hound. Whether she kills the red woman is unknown. 

The hound has found a niche for himself righting wrongs. The murder of everyone in the sept would demand that.

The Hound may come for Cersie but he will probably only end up taking out his brother, maybe with the help of Arya.

Jamie won't need to get past The Mountain to get to Cersie, she will willingly let him in unguarded.

47 minutes ago, Adam141414 said:

If Jamie kills Cersei he is left with nothing. He said to Edmure he would slaughter every man, woman and babe to get back to her. So if he kills her it wouldn't be to save others like he killed the Mad King. I thought then, maybe if she become something horrible, Jamie would kill her out of mercy. But Jamie sad he loves her despite Cersei being a hateful woman. 

If Jamie killed her, it would be because her personality has transcended into something beyond hateful that not even Jamie  could accept. Cersei would have to really fly off the deep end for Jamie to kill her. 

I think she's transcended to that point now.

Archived