Lord of Nutella

Jaimie finally gonna kill Cersei now?

79 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, amyzing1 said:

^^^ this is the one I'm reading among several boards, and worries me most. If winter is here, how will the southern lands be able to fight in several feet of snow? Dothraki in loin cloths, Dornish armies barely clothed, Unsullied have bare arms, etc. Unless the dragons clear a path for a fair fighting ground or it ALL takes place at sea...Euron and his Greyjoy army from the Pyke fighting for KL. 

Don't forget the dead things in the water that Cotter Pyke warned about in his latest message.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Greg B said:

In show: Arya kills Jamie and takes his face, then wears it to kill Cersei. :ph34r:

Yep, highly probable that it will go down this way, since there is no "Valonqar" prophecy in the show. Arya's bucket list is still on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime's looking at Cersei and suffering serious flashbacks to his time with Aerys II Targaryen. She carried out what he never let Aerys do, and she didn't shed a tear when their son killed himself in response to her actions. If half the things going through the mind of book-Jaime are going through the mind of show-Jaime right now, he's about to add the name Queenslayer to his list of monikers, giving himself the most metal nickname of all time.

He's going to valonqar-choke her with his golden pimp hand and go look for Brienne, who's about to have a much more important adventure than anybody in King's Landing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bran's gonna have a vision of the Mad King diddling Jaime's and Cersei's mother Johanna behind Tywin's back; both twins are going to soon realize they're just incesting away as nutty Targaryens are wont to do, and they'll go apeshit crazy along with the rest of King's Landing when they see Daenerys' dragon armada bearing down on them by sea, the Highgarden/Dorne/Stormland armies pinching them off by land.

Jon will in his capacity as King in the North (ALL of the North), ask Daenerys for help, because let's face it, he's royally screwed without it, and Daenerys will marry him, thus uniting the South and the North, Fire and Blood, against Ice. Whether she loves him or not is irrelevant, because as she told Daario Naharys (who looks similar to Jon, so it won't be too bad for her), she needs to wed to form alliances.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah talking horror I agree to the general theme. But this is game or asoiaf so nothing is quite so straightforward dead things in the water always made me wonder! And what is dead may never die!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, hallam said:

I think it is the Hound kills her.

He is the mountain's little brother. His whole life has been defined by being the little brother.

Anyone who kills Cersei has to kill the mountain first.

The red woman is headed to the riverlands and the BwB. She is going to meet Arya again. Ergo Arya meets up with the hound. Whether she kills the red woman is unknown. 

The hound has found a niche for himself righting wrongs. The murder of everyone in the sept would demand that.

Before this season I would agree that the Hound doing it would at least be plausible. But the Hound is headed North with Beric and Cersei is in Kings Landing. Next season the Hound will be caught up in Jon's storyline (and maybe joining up with Arya for the journey to Winterfell) while Cersei will be busy getting defeated by Dany. And if Cersei flees Kings Landing, it'll be to Casterly Rock, not the North. I just don't see how the characters get within several hundred miles of each again in the story.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always thought tyrion with different color eyes was. The targ baby not the twins. Tyrion freeing the dragons seemed to me to confirm this!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always believed that Jaime would kill Cersei, because she's so adamant about Tyrion killing her. She will not see it coming. 

May I ask why everyone is saying there's no Valonqar prophecy on the show? I think that I have missed something...I'm asking because I seem to remember Cersei talking about it, unless I'm confusing my readings with what I saw on the show.

Edited by Dracarys Snow
missing info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime killing Cersei would be too "perfect" IMO. I think Jaime actually wouldn’t be able to kill Cersei himself - maybe he tries to do an Arys 2.0, but can’t because, you know, he's loved her deeply and desperately for 40 years, she has been like a part of him, and it's just way too much feels to be able to go away inside. If there is an Aerys-situation opportunity I think it will play out differently than last time somehow - maybe he'll hand her over to Dany? 

My guess:

Jaime stays in KL for a (little) while, and observes the madness. Cersei is now cold and mean. Jaime realises Cersei has gone batsh*t Mad Queen crazy, and that she has been using him all his life.

There will be a dramatic showdown between the two, that will end with a show-version of The Burning of the Letter (I think they need to actually interact for this to have any emotional impact on tv). Cersei “needs” Jaime - to go on a suicide mission to help her out of her own mess. He says hell no, tells her exactly what he thinks of her, and that he is soooo done. Then he walks away and leaves her to get out of the deadly mess she has made for herself, alone.

Jaime is free to truly be the person he wants to be, and goes off to find Brienne (<3). Hopefully he brings the Lannister army - I’m guessing most of them are more loyal to him than to Cersei. They team up with the Brotherhood, there are some complications (Arya Stoneheart?), but eventually all go North to join the Real battle. Jaime's story needs to be about something bigger than Cersei. He will fight for the living.

Since the start of the series Jaime has lost his sword hand, but has learnt to use his head. He can now balance impulsiveness and strategy. The team of misfits fighting the Others needs a good battle commander (or ten) - Jon is not it, judging by episode 9. The Others won’t play by Stark rules, the Living need more Lannister groove :)

The end of the golden twins? They came into this world together - but their stories diverge, and their deaths will be opposites:
- Cersei is so power hungry and self obsessed that she ends up destroying herself.
- Jaime dies heroically in battle, defending the Realm.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Westerosi Coast Gangster said:

Wasnt Jamie stripped of his KG position? He would never want it but couldnt he have a legit claim to the throne or does Cersei over ride it because she was former queen?

The baratheons are the ruling line. Cersei's claim is through being (former) wife of Robert Baratheon. Jamie Lannister doesn't really have any claim. 

All that said, I doubt anyone sees Cersei as the rightful ruler - nor is there even a unified Westeros to even care who sits the iron thron. It's basically the 7 (separate) kingdoms again.

Cersei's power and regency is only supported via the large number of uncontested Lannister soldiers in kings landing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2016 at 8:23 AM, Fez said:

Jaime's not really consistent, but I think that makes him one of the most realistic characters on the show; most people aren't realistic. I'm not sure if he kills Cersei or leaves her to die (Dragon fire seems appropriate, considering her new love of burning things), but it'll be one or the other and probably pretty early in season 7. 

I don't think he'll die with her though, he has way too many open plotlines left. I don't think he'll resolve all of them, unless literally all the characters eventually are in one place, but I'd bet money that Jaime will have scenes before his end with either Bran, Brienne, Tyrion, or Dany, or some combination therein. 

wouldn't Rhaegal and Viserion be considered the younger siblings of Drogon? and with Viserion named for Viserys, the Valonqar can still come true if he burns he.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2016 at 7:28 PM, Westerosi Coast Gangster said:

Wasnt Jamie stripped of his KG position? He would never want it but couldnt he have a legit claim to the throne or does Cersei over ride it because she was former queen?

the Lannister claim to the throne is based on the legitimacy of the Baratheon dynasty taking the throne by conquest. King Bob's great-great-great-great grandfather (i think that's the right amount of greats) married a Lannister. now with everyone who is dead in the show, the claim falls the Cercei, except for the fact that Jaime is now not a KG, so technically it should be him. i am pretty sure he has no idea about the legality of either of their claims. so how about this in the show.........

 

 

Jaime approaches Cercei and asks WTF, she explains the Qyburn did some research and found these facts (maybe calling back the big important book about kings from season 1). in the telling Jaime figures out he is the rightful claimant, but doesn't really care much.....until Cercei tries to burn the place down, maybe when Dany shows up or something. he kills her and claims the throne, then abdicates in favor of Dany with Tyrion as her Hand, in an attempt at redemption for the broken oath.

 

just thinking and typing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2016 at 5:50 PM, IceIce said:

Jaime killing Cersei would be too "perfect" IMO. I think Jaime actually wouldn’t be able to kill Cersei himself - maybe he tries to do an Arys 2.0, but can’t because, you know, he's loved her deeply and desperately for 40 years, she has been like a part of him, and it's just way too much feels to be able to go away inside. If there is an Aerys-situation opportunity I think it will play out differently than last time somehow - maybe he'll hand her over to Dany? 

My guess:

Jaime stays in KL for a (little) while, and observes the madness. Cersei is now cold and mean. Jaime realises Cersei has gone batsh*t Mad Queen crazy, and that she has been using him all his life.

There will be a dramatic showdown between the two, that will end with a show-version of The Burning of the Letter (I think they need to actually interact for this to have any emotional impact on tv). Cersei “needs” Jaime - to go on a suicide mission to help her out of her own mess. He says hell no, tells her exactly what he thinks of her, and that he is soooo done. Then he walks away and leaves her to get out of the deadly mess she has made for herself, alone.

Jaime is free to truly be the person he wants to be, and goes off to find Brienne (<3). Hopefully he brings the Lannister army - I’m guessing most of them are more loyal to him than to Cersei. They team up with the Brotherhood, there are some complications (Arya Stoneheart?), but eventually all go North to join the Real battle. Jaime's story needs to be about something bigger than Cersei. He will fight for the living.

Since the start of the series Jaime has lost his sword hand, but has learnt to use his head. He can now balance impulsiveness and strategy. The team of misfits fighting the Others needs a good battle commander (or ten) - Jon is not it, judging by episode 9. The Others won’t play by Stark rules, the Living need more Lannister groove :)

The end of the golden twins? They came into this world together - but their stories diverge, and their deaths will be opposites:
- Cersei is so power hungry and self obsessed that she ends up destroying herself.
- Jaime dies heroically in battle, defending the Realm.

with The Hound heading north with Beric and Thoros, and Mel banished from WF and heading south, maybe they meet up over Stannis' body and raise him as StannisStoneheart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/28/2016 at 5:56 PM, Zoo_Dane said:

The baratheons are the ruling line. Cersei's claim is through being (former) wife of Robert Baratheon. Jamie Lannister doesn't really have any claim. 

All that said, I doubt anyone sees Cersei as the rightful ruler - nor is there even a unified Westeros to even care who sits the iron thron. It's basically the 7 (separate) kingdoms again.

Cersei's power and regency is only supported via the large number of uncontested Lannister soldiers in kings landing. 

a Lannister claim is through  a Barathoen - Lannister marriage about 5 generations ago. a legit claim.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2016 at 0:57 PM, Danelle said:

I thought that the reason why the valonqar part was omitted was similar to why TOJ was only featured in S6 and the vast majority of Dany's visions at the HOTU were altered: it would have been too obvious for the audience to guess and predict the outcome of the plot.

Seriously Dany sees a man sitting on a throne, his head belongs to a wolf and he wears a crown. Shortly afterwards King Robb is invited to a wedding.

 

It would have been so easy for the viewers to understand what would happen to Robb.

Good point in that yes, in that media things would just "jump out" at the viewer and would be too easy to predict.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, ser naes yennet said:

with The Hound heading north with Beric and Thoros, and Mel banished from WF and heading south, maybe they meet up over Stannis' body and raise him as StannisStoneheart.

I think that situation with the Hound could change. Cersei is on Arya's bucket list and is also in the Riverlands. I've got a feeling that the Hound and Arya will head to Kings Landing. I don't think Arya will be able to kill Cersei though because she will feel some compassion. I'm basing this on her reaction to the play. Jamie might go north to try and fight Jon, but Brienne will talk him into fighting with Jon.

I was always convinced that Jamie would be the one to kill Cersei, now I'm not so sure. He needs to face Bran and gain Bran's forgiveness.

I think it is a toss up between Jamie and the Hound to put an end to Cersei.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the case with the Hound comes to KL or Casterly Rock will happen, then Cleganebowl needs to happen babe!!

Edited by The Arthur Smith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jamie doesn't kill Cersei, he just turns his back on her and leaves, and goes North. HIs redemption arc will continue, and he will die a valiant death. Cersei will die at the hands of Dany/Tyrion, thus the  Valonquar prophecy will still be fulfilled. This is the only way I think that the conflict Tyrion would have fighting against his brother can be resolved. And with Cersei already dead (at the hands of Jamie) then there is no battle at all for KL.

I sincerely hope D&D doesn't turn the battle against the Others into just one epic battle scene ala the battle of Winterfell or Hardhome. This is my biggest fear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2016 at 4:57 AM, Danelle said:

I thought that the reason why the valonqar part was omitted was similar to why TOJ was only featured in S6 and the vast majority of Dany's visions at the HOTU were altered: it would have been too obvious for the audience to guess and predict the outcome of the plot.

Seriously Dany sees a man sitting on a throne, his head belongs to a wolf and he wears a crown. Shortly afterwards King Robb is invited to a wedding.

 

It would have been so easy for the viewers to understand what would happen to Robb.

That depends. If the wolf head was just stitched on like what really happened to Robb, then yes that would be obvious. However, if the wolf was alive and blended into the body well (or most likely was covered by armor or whatever), then no, I don't think people would have suspected that Robb would be murdered and had his head replaced by Grey Wind's. They'd probably just think it was Robb (or Jon). Logic (or at least logic as it applies to prophecies/visions...) would say that the wolf head should be dead even in the vision, but eh. That 'rule' easily be broken. 

IMO, at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, braveniler58 said:

That depends. If the wolf head was just stitched on like what really happened to Robb, then yes that would be obvious. However, if the wolf was alive and blended into the body well (or most likely was covered by armor or whatever), then no, I don't think people would have suspected that Robb would be murdered and had his head replaced by Grey Wind's. They'd probably just think it was Robb (or Jon). Logic (or at least logic as it applies to prophecies/visions...) would say that the wolf head should be dead even in the vision, but eh. That 'rule' easily be broken. 

IMO, at least. 

An interesting conversation, and it's all just a matter of subjective opinion of course, but a strong irony here is that that prophecy was a highly unusually literal one  (Robb's head was literally removed and literally, physically replaced with that of his direwolf) 

This is ironic b/c I believe a lot of people would have dismissed such a literal interpretation as being unlikely, just as many people (including me) have believed for many years that Tyrion is NOT the Valonqar, just b/c it's "too obvious."

Edited by Cron

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now