***SPOILERS***Hey guys...remember that time...***SPOILERS***

Bog Devil

Spoiler

Remember that time Tommen looked upset and then just walked out that window? That was intense. Easily the most shockingest moment of the whole episode. I figured he'd die, what with Maggy the Frog's prophecy and all, but I kind of expected a little more fanfare. That just sort of...happened.

11 minutes ago, Lilly Kim said:

Nice pun :D

I'm kinda loving how no one in the fandom (not even the ones that didn't know) are giving no fucks about his death what with everything that happened on the finale.

I felt bad for the kid, but apparently I'm in the minority. :P

11 minutes ago, Lilly Kim said:

Nice pun :D

I'm kinda loving how no one in the fandom (not even the ones that didn't know) are giving no fucks about his death what with everything that happened on the finale.

Most feel good about it because it hurts Cersei. But what a tragic story Tommen's life has been. Almost on par with Rickon.

Both show Tommen and Ricken suffered from an under developed character situation by the writers. I thought that both young actors had the chops to play the part, but poor writing and lack of time, led to fans being less sympathetic than they will be on the books.

Tommen was a good kid that struggled with indecisiveness, and we do not even know if he was really under the HS influence or not, they never let us see any of that interaction. I think had there been conversation between Margery and Tommen, and a plan, it would have made the suicide much more justified, and much more impactful.

16 minutes ago, Not a kneeler said:

It should have read as tragic, but he did such a goofy dive out the window that it made many of us laugh. Why did they do that? It was so awkward. He looked like a log, as if he had no joints.

I am not sure since I never saw it, but apparently the scene is a homage to scene from another movie, I forgot the name

Too bad the three eyed raven got himself killed or he could have given Tommen some flying lessons. Maybe he still can with the time travel tree, Tommen will come back as the "Priss that was Promised".

I didn't think it was any funny or particularly sad for that matter. It was one of the few things that made sense and was any realistic. Tommen is a timid soul, all he wanted was to be happy with Margaery, but he watched her being taken from him once, twice, thrice. What else was he going to do? He has no power, he couldn't get revenge even if he wanted to, and he clearly didn't want to. He was sick of losing and failing because he didn't know how to do better. 

And I certainly wasn't glad to see him go because it hurt Cersei. It did not look like it hurt Cersei for one moment. Maybe it did hurt her - off camera. 

2 hours ago, Mourneblade said:

Both show Tommen and Ricken suffered from an under developed character situation by the writers. I thought that both young actors had the chops to play the part, but poor writing and lack of time, led to fans being less sympathetic than they will be on the books.

Tommen was a good kid that struggled with indecisiveness, and we do not even know if he was really under the HS influence or not, they never let us see any of that interaction. I think had there been conversation between Margery and Tommen, and a plan, it would have made the suicide much more justified, and much more impactful.

Totally agree with this. That scene would have had much greater affect had we been able to connect with Tommen more. There is so much irony there, with him dying that way.  The conflict in this story begins with Jamie and Cersei trying to protect their children (their secret) by pushing Brandon Stark out the window. They got what they gave Bran.

It also seemed to me that Cersei basically pushed him out that window. She was already resigned to the fact that Tommen would die before her (as she told Jamie this season she was convinced Maggy the Frog was right). She was furious when he exposed her to a trial of seven septons. She couldn't do it herself, and sent Ser Strong/Clegane/Mountain to stop him from going to the sept. But part of me wonders if he was also made to watch the show. We also don't see her go to him in the aftermath. She does not cry when when he dies. She was dressed to rule (or even be crowned) before the explosion happened.

This is my take on why:

When Qyburn asks about a funeral, I think she just sees Tommen as another MAN from her family that tried to rule and failed. If Tywin had only seen, if Joffrey had only seen..if Tommen had only seen..she was the strong one, she could rule better than them all. Just another failure. He belongs with the other failures. She hadnt just burned the faith militant, the high septon, the tyrells, uncle Kevin..she burned Tywin and Joffrey too. She didn't kill him, she didn't have too. He did it to himself, just the like she knew he would, just like the rest. Burn him, and put him in the pile of ashes with the other failures.

Archived