Aejon Targaryen???

Hey I'm not saying she is, just saying it's not impossible in the books.  Since it's a theory I've seen floated around for years.  I don't think Meera is Jon's sister.  That's off topic anyway, like I said I think Lyanna says some like Aerion.

1 hour ago, Dorian Martell said:

Anyone notice that Howland Reed was not in the room but the wetnurse was?

I was thinking the same thing when I watched.

So how do you keep the wet nurse quiet?  Ned and Howland can keep the secret.  Ned because it is his sister, and HR because he lives in isolation.

But how do you keep the wetnurse from telling anyone?  

11 minutes ago, Bazil said:

I don't think Meera and Jon are siblings in the show, but they still could be in the books.

How does Bran describe Meera (in the books)?  She is shorter than 9 year old Bran, and as slim as a sword.  Not at all how Jon is described. 

Ok, first of all, Aejon sound's awful. Stop trying to link the name Ned gave him to Lyanna's name.

Secondly, his name cannot also be Aegon since Rhaegar already named one of his children Aegon. I doubt Lyanna knows that, but I also doubt GRRM would write their names the same.

The only thing that really makes sense is Aemon, because of the various quotes people have posted and the fact that he met Maester Aemon. To me, it just seems very poetic.

If that isn't his name then it's probably something completely different like Daeron or Daemon or something.

11 minutes ago, Darien Underhill said:

Ok, first of all, Aejon sound's awful. Stop trying to link the name Ned gave him to Lyanna's name.

Secondly, his name cannot also be Aegon since Rhaegar already named one of his children Aegon. I doubt Lyanna knows that, but I also doubt GRRM would write their names the same.

The only thing that really makes sense is Aemon, because of the various quotes people have posted and the fact that he met Maester Aemon. To me, it just seems very poetic.

If that isn't his name then it's probably something completely different like Daeron or Daemon or something.

I'm sure Lyanna knows that. Most of the people in the Seven Kingdoms would know the name of the Crown Prince's son, and any time spent with Rhaegar, I'm sure it would come up... however, I don't think they would have named him Aegon.

I'm all aboard with Aemon.

Both Aegon and Aemon are fine with me. I was just happy that they whispered it; making it a secret from the fans a little longer almost assuredly makes it that Jon is no bastard, but a legitimate Targaryen.

5 hours ago, Xarkar said:

I was thinking the same thing when I watched.

So how do you keep the wet nurse quiet?  Ned and Howland can keep the secret.  Ned because it is his sister, and HR because he lives in isolation.

But how do you keep the wetnurse from telling anyone?  

She gets a sweet job at Starfall 

It's interesting that some people seem to have a fairly heavy negative reaction to Aejon.

I really don't understand it, frankly.

What is it about Aejon that is worse than Aegon? Or Aemon?   They are all made up names for ASOIAF, as far as I know.  Why are "g" and "m" cool, but "j" is NOT?

What if all the Aegons had been Aejons?  Would people be saying "Naw, that's not cool."   If so, why?  I really don't understand it.

Archived