Aejon Targaryen???

6 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Other Starks likely know, like Benjen and Bran.

Plus really, FakeJon knew who he truly was. Our author told us so more than once:

I’m Prince Aemon the Dragonknight,” Jon would call out, and Robb would shout back, “Well, I’m Florian the Fool.”

—A Storm of Swords, Jon XII

The gift of a sword, even a sword as fine as Longclaw, did not make him a Mormont. Nor was he Aemon Targaryen. Three times the old man had chosen, and three times he had chosen honor, but that was him. Even now, Jon could not decide whether the maester had stayed because he was weak and craven, or because he was strong and true. Yet he understood what the old man had meant, about the pain of choosing; he understood that all too well.

—A Game of Thrones,  Jon IX

Even if bran knows again what's the point? How does that change the story?

On 6/27/2016 at 11:38 PM, Cron said:

Well, ser, with respect, I don't think Rhaegar COULD have named the baby in the honor of his just killed brother.

My understanding is that Rhaegar died at the Trident, which was BEFORE the sack of King's Landing, and thus BEFORE Gregor killed members of the royal family.

Thus, my understanding is that Rhaegar died before the "just killed brother," and thus could not have named Lyanna's baby Aegon in honor of the just killed brother.

mmmm...the timelines i am not overly familiar with.  But Rhaegar could have chosen the name before he left for the battle.  And had Lyanna's consent.  Many people chose their children's names before they are born ;)

Aegon could have been chosen for different reasons.  Or no reason.  But I stand by what I think that I heard.  'His name is Aegon'

I like Aejon, and yes Aejon Targaryen, because I stand by the idea that Jon is legitimate in that Lyanna was secretly married to Rhaegar as his second wife in the tradition of Aegon the Conqueror and his two sister wives.

But simply Jon or another Valyrian name would be fine to me being his true name.

Do you guys think Bran will have more visions next season delving into this topic perhaps Rhaegar and Lyannas secret wedding or the night with whoever else Jons father may be? We should probably look out for GoT casting for a Targaryen like male character. I'd think it would be incredibly cool to see their wedding.

16 hours ago, Chib said:

Lyanna in a very small voice: "his name is Jaehaerys"
Ned: "Jae... What? I can't hear you?"
Lyanna: dies
Ned: ... I'll call you Jon then.

End of story. lmao

Could be, HAR!

I always thought Jaehaerys would go by "Jerry," though.

Which would have made the King in the North "Jerry Snow."

On ‎27‎.‎06‎.‎2016‎. at 7:37 AM, blckp said:

Aemeon sand or water

There is no house Sand or Waters, Lyanna clearly said his name then "...of house...", so they were married or Rhargar left document in which he legitimize him, however he is Targ. Name is probably Aemon.

And yes, he will marry Dany.

14 minutes ago, Cragen said:

There is no house Sand or Waters, Lyanna clearly said his name then "...of house...", so they were married or Rhargar left document in which he legitimize him, however he is Targ. Name is probably Aemon.

And yes, he will marry Dany.

where did you hear that "of house XXXX"?

I never saw anybody mentioned that they heard something like "of house XXXX" after the given name.

And Rhaegar did not have ability to legitimize him at all. He is not king. He died as a prince.

IMHO, Aejon sounds.....how to say....just wrong.

It is a fanfiction name. We know GRRM did not like fanfic.

I have several options:

Most reasonable one: Aemon

Most surprising one: Arthur

Most funny one: Alien or Apple or Ipad?

2 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

where did you hear that "of house XXXX"?

I never saw anybody mentioned that they heard something like "of house XXXX" after the given name.

And Rhaegar did not have ability to legitimize him at all. He is not king. He died as a prince.

Right before they cut to Bran, she start saying house. Father can`t legitimize his son?

2 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

IMHO, Aejon sounds.....how to say....just wrong.

It is a fanfiction name. We know GRRM did not like fanfic.

I have several options:

Most reasonable one: Aemon

Most surprising one: Arthur

Most funny one: Alien or Apple or Ipad?

I agree with you Purple eyes. IM going with either just Jon or Aemon.

1 minute ago, Cragen said:

Right before they cut to Bran, she start saying house. Father can`t legitimize his son?

please check with Roose, he had to let king Tommen to legitimize his son.

Please check with Corlys, he had to let queen Rhaenyra to legitimize his son.

Oh, sorry, father can legitimize his son, Aegon IV did it for all his bastards! Guess what? he is king by himself.

1 minute ago, purple-eyes said:

please check with Roose, he had to let king Tommen to legitimize his son.

Please check with Corlys, he had to let queen Rhaenyra to legitimize his son.

Oh, sorry, father can legitimize his son, Aegon IV did it for all his bastards! Guess what? he is king by himself.

So you saying that if Tommen didn`t legitimize Ramsey he could not become Roose hair and house Bolton would be extinct and Roose can`t do nothing about it, I don`t think so. Corlys Velaryon needed Rhaenyra legitimization because nobody know is Addam his son and there is no way fin out. Addam was dragonrider and Corlys want someone like that inherit house Velaryon, to other accept this he needed Queen.

In medieval time noble father could legitimize his children.

Rhaegar don`t need to make legitimization by himself, it`s enough to wrote document in  which he petition for him to be legitimized. 

3 minutes ago, Cragen said:

So you saying that if Tommen didn`t legitimize Ramsey he could not become Roose hair and house Bolton would be extinct and Roose can`t do nothing about it, I don`t think so. Corlys Velaryon needed Rhaenyra legitimization because nobody know is Addam his son and there is no way fin out. Addam was dragonrider and Corlys want someone like that inherit house Velaryon, to other accept this he needed Queen.

In medieval time noble father could legitimize his children.

Rhaegar don`t need to make legitimization by himself, it`s enough to wrote document in  which he petition for him to be legitimized. 

This is how GRRM set the rules for his world. Only a king's (queen's) decree can legitimize bastards.

This is not medieval time. And in medieval time, we do not have these bastard last names like Stone, Snow, Sand ,etc.

Sure, Rhaegar can write a petition to say I want to apply for a legitimization for this bastard son, but this needs to be approved by his king father Aerys II. Before that, Jon Snow is still a bastard. Maybe you can call it "petition pending"? LOL.

And yes, if Tommen did not legitimize Ramsey, then Ramsey is not a nobleman and he of course can not inherit house Bolton.

House Bolton would be extinct. That is why Roose applied for this.

Only king or queen's decree can make other people to accept this bastard as the heir of one noble house.

In fact, it is very hard to make people accept this, look at Aegon IV.

He surely wanted to replace Daeron with Daemon, but he only dared to legitimize him at his death bed.

1 minute ago, purple-eyes said:

This is how GRRM set the rules for his world. Only a king's (queen's) decree can legitimize bastards.

This is not medieval time. And in medieval time, we do not have these bastard last names like Stone, Snow, Sand ,etc.

Sure, Rhaegar can write a petition to say I want to apply for a legitimization for this bastard son, but this needs to be approved by his king father Aerys II. Before that, Jon Snow is still a bastard. Maybe you can call it "petition pending"? LOL.

And yes, if Tommen did not legitimize Ramsey, then Ramsey is not a nobleman and he of course can not inherit house Bolton.

Only king or queen's decree can make other people to accept this bastard as the heir of one noble house.

He surely wanted to replace Daeron with Daemon, but he only dared to legitimize him at his death bed.

How then Roose chose Ramsey for his heir when his son died?

7 minutes ago, purple-eyes said:

He didn`t dare to choose Daemon his heir because people wouldn`t accept it? Do we talk about Daemon whom half of the realm fallowed in rebelion against king?

Archived