little things

So this was my favorite episode all season. Partly because there were a few little things I really liked which tied everything back to previous episodes and to the book. 

They played the Rains of Castamere during Cerci's coronation

The Frey Pie

Everyone wearing black for mourning

Tommen jumping being a reference to Bran falling out the window

GRMM foreshadowed this as a possible outcome back in book two, when 200 wildfire barrels are found beneath the sept. 

The pin for hand of the king

One kingslayer to another (not a reference but I really liked it)

Old Town being a reference to Alexandria and Beauty and the Beast

Justice, Vengeance, Fire and Blood

And in their hands, the daggers

The light fixtures in the library were where the rings in the opening credits come from.

And some little things I didn't like:

Tommen's shroud was red, not gold.

Jon said he would hang Melisandre, when as a stark he should always wield the sword. 

What happened to Willas?

13 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

It was from the soundtrack Hear me Roar. Which did borrow a few notes from Castamere.

And Willas? Are you talking about Willas Tyrell? He was written out in season 3 when the Tyrells tried to engage Sansa to Loras.

I don't even recall Willas being mentioned in the show ?

Just now, princess_snow said:

I don't even recall Willas being mentioned in the show ?

Loras was mentioned as the heir to Highgarden repeatedly. Presumably he was kept out of the Kingsguard because of this as well. Unless the OP is talking about Hodor, who's name was changed from Walder in the novels. But he's dead so I'm not sure what mystery there would be as to what happened to him.

2 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Loras was mentioned as the heir to Highgarden repeatedly. Presumably he was kept out of the Kingsguard because of this as well. Unless the OP is talking about Hodor, who's name was changed from Walder in the novels. But he's dead so I'm not sure what mystery there would be as to what happened to him.

Loras or Willas ?

Just now, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

So are the tyrells heir free or are there other brothers that havent been mentioned able to continue on the name ?

Looks like it's just the Queen of Thorns now. Mace, Loras and Margaery all blew up. Willas and Garlan were never mentioned and Loras seemed to assume their roles.

1 minute ago, Lord Lannister said:

Looks like it's just the Queen of Thorns now. Mace, Loras and Margaery all blew up. Willas and Garlan were never mentioned and Loras seemed to assume their roles.

how will that play out in the books as i imagine... if they go with cersie blowing up the tyrells the two brothers in the book will also need to be present for the queen of thorns meeting up with dorne scene for plotting revenge to happen.

4 minutes ago, StoneColdJorahMormont said:

how will that play out in the books as i imagine... if they go with cersie blowing up the tyrells the two brothers in the book will also need to be present for the queen of thorns meeting up with dorne scene for plotting revenge to happen.

It almost certainly won't happen like this, GRRM said they'd regret cutting Garlan and Willas or something along the line

1 hour ago, Boarsbane said:

It almost certainly won't happen like this, GRRM said they'd regret cutting Garlan and Willas or something along the line

Interesting! Don't suppose you have a source for this?

1 hour ago, Lord Lannister said:

The confusion is that you said that Willas was "written out in season 3." That'd suggest, at least by common use of the phrase, that Willas was a character in the show up until season 3. 

princess_snow: Lord Lannister is saying that we found out during season 3 that the book character Willas was cut from ever existing on the show since they basically gave elements of his plot (at least presumably) to Loras instead.

Archived