Not Confirmed

1 hour ago, Banner Without Brothers said:

Of course babies hair can darken as they grow older but by the time that Ned brought him back to Winterfell? It's definitely a deliberate hole that will have to be filled in with either secret constant hair dye or magic, a glamour perhaps

That's a well-known fact so it wouldn't be a big surprise at WF that the baby is blonde.

It must be Jon, who else could it be? Maybe Martin is creative enough to create such a huge plot twist in the books but the producers aren't. And they will also have to finish the story in 2x7 episodes so I guess there will be no unnecessary surprises and twists in the show.

1 hour ago, Banner Without Brothers said:

R+L=J is not confirmed.

Now I'll probably get some hate for this and I have to start by saying that it is about 99% confirmed. But for anyone like me who hates the idea of Jon "Jesus" Targaryan being the magical Chosen royal blood Prophecy fulfiller I want to offer some hope, no matter how small. 

First big one the hair. We know how important hair is in the story. That baby is so blonde I think it would be more accurate to call it silver. If they wanted to 100% confirm Jon they would have had a baby with black hair. Of course babies hair can darken as they grow older but by the time that Ned brought him back to Winterfell? It's definitely a deliberate hole that will have to be filled in with either secret constant hair dye or magic, a glamour perhaps. https://youtu.be/dkvkT5D3fF4?t=280

No name. Why keep the name a secret? Is there really any need. Yes it was nicely done, the cut from the babies eyes into Jon's but we still could have had the name. Perhaps they could have had the "name is...." bit as the cut to Jon was happening. It's another deliberate hole 

Ah screw it, that's all I got if any other like minded optimists have anything else I'd love to hear it. But it's still enough for it to not be confirmed. It's just very, very, very likely that R+L=J.

Valar Morghulis R+L=D 

I strangely thought the actress who played Lyanna Stark looked strikingly similar to Dany, Emilia Clarke with dark hair.

Am I the only one?

It is definitely Jon, D&D don't have like 50 episode left for another twist like: "Ned changed the real Targ baby to another baby and raised that fakeTarg baby as his own despite his wife's resentment." Too much stupidity for that. The fact that the whole world has accepted baby Jon as Ned's bastard and not a single person question if Jon is Lyanna's son, it means Ned succeeded. 

1 minute ago, Chib said:

name a precious baby after the mad king... how creative she was

It would not be out of the realm of possibility that Rhaegar asked her to name the baby Aerys as a way of redeeming that name from the stain his father had left upon it. 

I really hope that Aegon was the baby that Lyana Stark gave birth to from Rhaegar Targaryen, but after the scene we saw, that ship has already sailed, and they haven`t even introduced Aegon Blackfire in the show, so I think it is 100 % confirmed practically that R+L=J, cause there is noone who would make sense to be Lyana`s child. I mean - we clearly hear her telling Ned that if Robbert finds out he`s definetely gonna killl HIM. So what we know for sure:

1. Lyana is a mother of a baby.

2. Robert would want to murder it if he knows who he is,

3. The baby is a boy,

4. Ned Stark remembered the Promise me Ned line from Lyana so it`s very important as a secret.

5. Last scene and dialogue that we saw between Eddard Stark and Jon Snow, Ned promises Jon to tell him who his mother was.

6. He had always been a very loyal husband and good with Cat, but when she asked him who Jon`s mother was, he cut her off.

7. In this season`s finale just after they show us the baby`s face, they show us Jon`s face.

You can take into your own account if ther is any room at all for speculation and doubt.

1 minute ago, TyMo said:

It would not be out of the realm of possibility that Rhaegar asked her to name the baby Aerys as a way of redeeming that name from the stain his father had left upon it. 

that is too much lol I hope his true name isn't that.

Yeah, Ned promises to take care of his dying sister's baby and to keep him safe from Robert's wrath then goes off and has a bastard of his own he takes back to Winterfell and leaves this other "not Jon" baby with someone else. That makes so much more sense than Lyanna's baby being Jon and Ned adopting him as his own. No. Just stop. The only reason they didn't say the name was to give overanalyzing fans something to talk about. And the hair on the baby? Once again, overanalyzing. Hair can change color as a child grows. My own has gone from bleach blonde to dark brown. There are two reason why you might think that baby wasn't Jon: existing prejudice against the "theory" that's been obvious since book 1 or merely being a contrarian throwing out random ideas in hopes that you can claim to have figured out some shocking twist before everyone else. The baby is Jon. The dad is Rhaegar. End of story

1 hour ago, Baelor_the_Blessed said:

So, does that TOJ scene pretty much dispel the speculation that Meera is Jon Snow's twin sister?

Yeah, i think so. That was my first thought when there was no mention of twins. But, like the OP that idea is not yet incontrovertibly decided.

13 minutes ago, tmug said:

I strangely thought the actress who played Lyanna Stark looked strikingly similar to Dany, Emilia Clarke with dark hair.

Am I the only one?

No your not that's the thing I was forgetting from the OP. I thought they were really similar. SInce I'm a fan of the R+L=D theory it really stood out. But that theory in the show at least seems to be well and truly dead since Lyanna kept saying him, unless she was delirious or had been misinformed or something.

32 minutes ago, yakisikli123 said:

Then you have to say who else if not Jon.

We also know Ned is not father of this child.

No I don't. My position is that R+L=J is not confirmed, as a lot of people are claiming. To prove that I don't have to offer a different theory. All I have to do is show that the evidence only suggests Jon rather than confirms Jon.

13 minutes ago, Shortspear Rick said:

Yeah, Ned promises to take care of his dying sister's baby and to keep him safe from Robert's wrath then goes off and has a bastard of his own he takes back to Winterfell and leaves this other "not Jon" baby with someone else. That makes so much more sense than Lyanna's baby being Jon and Ned adopting him as his own. No. Just stop. The only reason they didn't say the name was to give overanalyzing fans something to talk about. And the hair on the baby? Once again, overanalyzing. Hair can change color as a child grows. My own has gone from bleach blonde to dark brown. There are two reason why you might think that baby wasn't Jon: existing prejudice against the "theory" that's been obvious since book 1 or merely being a contrarian throwing out random ideas in hopes that you can claim to have figured out some shocking twist before everyone else. The baby is Jon. The dad is Rhaegar. End of story

^ To any reasonably rational fucking person, this thread is now over. Thank you, Shortspear Rick, for so succinctly wording what 99% of us all thought and knew.  

6 minutes ago, TyMo said:

Aegon, Rhaegar's son, isn't a Blackfyre

So tell me, if you somehow think he isn`t, why does the Gold Company support Aegon? Cause he is a god-damn Blackfyre. That`s at least the theory that I do claim is correct, concerning the novels. If yiou want to argue about that, it`s absolutely understandable, but first tell me what bothers you about the fact that Aegon is a Blackfyre. Here you can read about it  https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/p844r/adwd_spoilers_and_speculation_septon_meribald/

1 minute ago, The Lord of Crows said:

So tell me, if you somehow think he isn`t, why does the Gold Company support Aegon? Cause he is a god-damn Blackfyre. That`s at least the theory that I do claim is correct, concerning the novels. If yiou want to argue about that, it`s absolutely understandable, but first tell me what bothers you about the fact that Aegon is a Blackfyre. Here you can read about it  https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/p844r/adwd_spoilers_and_speculation_septon_meribald/

He's saying that FAegon isn't actually Rhaegar's son - that's the whole point, the baby switch didn't actually happen, and Aegon Targaryen, who died during the sack of KL, is obviously not a Blackfyre, since he's, you know, Rhaegar Targaryen's son. TyMo was basically just making (what seemed to be to be a tongue and cheek) correction of your semantics - point being, we don't really know what young griff's real name is, since he probably isn't Aegon Targaryen, and if he isn't Aegon Targaryen, we don't really know what his first name is (despite the fact that we suspect that his last name is Blackfyre).

5 minutes ago, The Lord of Crows said:

When Maelys the Monstrous died upon the Stepstones, it was the end of the male line of House Blackfyre. - Illyrio Mopatis

Archived