choosing tyrion over jorah,dario etc..

Was a little bit miffed by Dany choosing Tyrion over longer advisors and some who you would imagine she trusted a lot more.

Yeah sure Jorah let her down with not coming clean about his initial intentions, but he has more than made up for it time and time again and shown he is willing to die for her... there is no more devoted than that and his advice he has given her has been pretty solid along the way.

Even Daario has been around a lot longer than tyrion and been willing to die for her on many occasions so should be a better shout... plus she would have the added bonus of being able to have him as her male gigilo/lover as he would be living nearby as her hand so no one would think anything was going on when they were alone a lot.

Tyrion is a very clever dude and from what we the viewers have seen he is a very good choice for advisor/hand as he has proved before, but through danys eyes i can't see why she would think he is anything special... he almost lost control when she was gone to the masters... and unlike the other 2 guys he is not besotted by her and im sure is not willing to die for her... and would save his own skin if it came to it...

OT : where the fook is Jorah anyways why has there not been a single scene of him since dany told him to go get better ? will he play no further role in the game of thrones ? just die off alone somewhere! i imagine when he does return once well... he will be greeted by daario and be told she's fucked off mate... gone with her army and the two of them will get piss drunk and bitch about how she just plays with them :D

Jorah has grayscale, that takes him out of the running, and Daario is really a nobody, for Westeros standards. 

The Handship is a way for a monarch to get the support of a big House, and Tyrion has a claim to Casterly Rock. That alone makes him more valuable than either of them, regardless of his previous fuck ups. 

Hey i aint bagging on tyrion, he is top 3 material GOAT, he is very honourable and trustworthy and believes in a lot of what dany preaches and also brings a lot of pull and power with his family name.

But he hasn't been on her side as long as some others... he hasn't shown the willingness to die for her which others have, and he fooked up in many occasions on matters that when deciding a future hand would go against him.

Yeah jorah has greyscale but he aint dead and by the way they departed it would seem dany doesn't think it will be the last of him either... so why not wait till he has officially died or been cured to decide then...

The other two have shown to be loyal, good advisors, willing to die for her no matter her decisions and a whole load of things that would make them perfect hands.

Tyrion apart from name and power in westeros has not shown half as much to give reason to her picking him as hand.

7 minutes ago, Robb_Warged said:

Tyrion isn't trying to sleep with her/sleeping with her.  That alone gives him an immense edge over Jorah/Daario

Well if i remember in the show i don't remember Jorah ever coming on to her or actually saying he was into her, even if it is painfully obvious for all to see... including herself, but without actual confirmation, it is something he could always deny... or she could constantly second guess or just think he is looking out for her as a fatherly figure, as girls sometimes don't pick up on these things and vice versa.

And what does sleeping with her or trying to sleep with her make them less capable of being a good hand ?

If anything it just makes them that much more loyal than someone less devoted to her... i mean jorah stuck around despite her fcuking 2 different men for long periods.

10 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Tyrion knows the game and it's players better than anyone else she has on her side. Except maybe the Queen of Thorns now. Daario and even Jorah don't bring that to the table.

That is true and we all know this as we have seen him work his magic.... but from dany pov he has mostly fcuked up in her presence.

31 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

Jorah has grayscale, that takes him out of the running, and Daario is really a nobody, for Westeros standards. 

The Handship is a way for a monarch to get the support of a big House, and Tyrion has a claim to Casterly Rock. That alone makes him more valuable than either of them, regardless of his previous fuck ups. 

I  would agree before he shot his father with a cross bow and fled... he is pretty much dead to his family and supporters( except Jamie) as much as jorah is to the mormonts and the north.

Tyrion is also the rightful Lord Paramount of the West, since from the Targaryen perspective, Jaime is condemned for king-slaying, and Tyrion's death sentence by a bastard / usurper's child is invalid.

I know that nerds here like to pretend that Dany is a mindless blood-thirsty conqueror, but like most of the things she has done through out the story, she is simply smart to pick the right man for the job.

Y'all have faith the size of a mustard seed! Nothing takes Jorah out of the running! NOTHING has stopped that man from serving his queen. Do you not see what has been unfurling since day one here? Yes, Mr. Sun & Stars Stallion was Danaerys' first love but not her TRUE love… THAT priveledge, my friends, is reserved for my man Jorah. That shit just hasn't hit her yet. ORRR mayhap it has i.e.: Buhbye, Daario. You're no longer needed. "Do you know what scares me? I said farewell to a man who loves me. A man I thought I cared for. And I felt nothing." (Mmhm I didn't feel anything either, Sister. Okay perhaps a side of sad sauce for the poor dude, but I've put all my eggs in The Bear's basket). All Jorah needs is to have a run-in with a servant of R'hllor and we're back in business. (Or something of the sort. Maybe a 'long lost' Rhoynish water wizard? Or the opposite of water magic? Maybe steel is only one of many significant assets hailing from 'long lost' Valayrian magic that will prove useful in the tales ahead. Or perhaps he'll make a visit to Quaithe and we'll have waited with baited breath for good reason). Either way, I think they had too many irons in the fire and they figured they'd start afresh with Jorah's storyline first thing next season when he eventually cures himself of the "incurable" to show his undying love for his Khaleesi. ( I mean, all hopeless/hopeful romantic shit aside, he's still a Chekov gun..) 

Archived