Jon and Arya

36 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

There's no proof of that.

Remember, we don't have access to the character's thoughts in the tv show like we have in the books
In the books, we know Jon and Arya are always thinking about each other because we have their POV chapters.
In the show, there's no way we can know what they are thinking. Maybe they do think about each other or maybe not.

Jon will accept Arya, no doubt, like he did with Sansa.

The difference is that no one will try to put Arya against Jon like LF is trying to do with Sansa.

There are ways to know what characters are thinking in the visual medium, thoughts shown on their faces when the other character isn't looking, when they leave the scene, muttered under the breath comments are some of them. But the show kind of sucks at those little character-revealing moments. They don't write them, they write the big, grand action-based scenes instead, leaving precious little to the small moments that let the audience in on the characters' real feelings. That's one major downfall this show constantly makes.

I still think the characters feel similar to the book story. They build on those book-introduced thoughts. But they skip right over them. 

I think that Jon will accept Arya, but that he should be surprised by her - by the changes that she's made. And he'll probably still think of her as before, but be bowled over by her new found skills. That's how I'd play it, at least.

8 hours ago, DutchArya said:

But going home and her family are more important to her. The list does not define her. When she left the HoBW she said she was going home.

Cersei and the Mountain will die by someone else's hand just like Tywin and Joffery for example. It's all the same to Arya. She even takes people off her list when she feels like it. Case in point: Melisandre. 

Arya's favourite identity was Cat of the Canals, A very social hard working girl who Arya misses very much:

That's the problem with of this fandom, limiting Arya to just a List and discounting everything else that makes her who she is: The most important being her family. The list, her fight for revenge, learning from the FM... all of that is for the sake of her family. She threw away all her past identities in the water, all except Needle. In that moment foes her lost matter?

The Kindly Man asks Arya:

It would be right for her to head North run into Mel as she promised they would meet again. Gendry is alive somewhere and Mel will tell Arya about Jon and what happened to him. She will tell Arya about the WW and the danger they pose to all the living. With the help of Sandor, all of this will give Arya new purpose and allow her to make peace with her past and fight for her family in a whole new way. If Arya meets Nymeria as well... Home is where she will go. And fast.

I agree with you in that. 

9 hours ago, Darksky said:

I kinda want issues between Jon and Arya post reunion. I don't want it to be all rainbows and butterflies between them. IDK, I just really enjoy the fandom's meltdowns and saltiness I guess. I like D+D messing with people's expectations, theories and tinfoil.

Anyway, Jon and Arya are so different from who they were when they parted ways. And their bond is not strong in the show. How can their interactions be pure and unproblematic then?

*facepalm* Ugh.

If we take away what Maisie says in her latest interview as indicative of what may happen, things may not be peachy and pure between Jon and Arya. Not in the sense of mistrust and lies like in the Jon and Sansa dynamic but conflict of personalities and intentions as well as mild disregard of potency.

5 hours ago, Darksky said:

If we take away what Maisie says in her latest interview as indicative of what may happen, things may not be peachy and pure between Jon and Arya. Not in the sense of mistrust and lies like in the Jon and Sansa dynamic but conflict of personalities and intentions as well as mild disregard of potency.

what? In the interview she says he will be surprised at first but he would end up accepting her.

On 6/27/2016 at 5:08 AM, Krakenface said:

Most agree that one of the greatest things about the game of thrones series and books is the incredible character development and transformation (Dany, Jaime, Sansa....) This gets me thinking - everyone's all excited for a cutesy Jon/Arya reunited scene, given their closeness at the beginning of the story, but how could that actually play out?

Jon is all honor and glory and stick-up-his-arse, and Arya is... at this point, crazy set on revenge, be it immoral, violent, or implicating innocents (frey pies, anyone?). Arya values vengeance, Jon values honour. 

Could the two really reconcile? What about their extreme differences? How do their agendas fit in with each other? I think it's much more likely that Sansa and Arya form a dream team, considering that both of them have taken a rather dark turn to revenge. Thoughts?

Great thread.

If Jon's got a problem with Arya, then I've got a problem with Jon.

Arya's been alone, fighting for survival for a long time, and I guess I'll start "worrying" about her only if and when she starts killing people who don't deserve to die.

But I don't think that's gonna happen.

• 4 weeks later...

For anyone who hasn't seen the Conan remake I apologize in advance. I think Arya is going to drop some severed heads at Jon's feet in front of everyone. The heads will roll towards little finger revealing themselves to be Walder Frey and his oldest sons.

Archived