Queen of Dragons Marrying King in the North

2 minutes ago, jrod said:

And I have questioned many times that it is about impossible to prove to non-Stark supporters that Jon would be a Targ anyway, unless Varys who is on Dany's side had some kind of proof.  Only way we as viewers know is Bran's visions, which won't mean anything to people in the south.  If LF does know something or someone who knows, he is on the Stark's side now so he could easily be dismissed as lying to help his new friends.  I can't think of a way that Jon could legit show he is Raehgar's son, and IF he was legitimate.  So it will be kind of moot anyway.

Neither books or the series are finished. Hence we have no idea what evidence there can be hidden or who can knows about Lyanna and Rhaegar.

1 minute ago, jrod said:

Well yeah, sorry misunderstood.  Technically his knights are in the North.  But The Vale is still at pretty much full strength.  So IF Dany could convince Robyn to side with her, and IF his knights followed him instead of being manipulated by Baelish, then he would have probably one of the stronger forces left.

I see. However I believe that Dany cannot manipulate Robin.

16 hours ago, jrod said:

How do you figure Viserys would come before Aegon if he were still alive? 

cause Aerys named Viserys as heir to throne while Aegon was still alive, after Aerys death Viserys was declared king by Queen Rhaella and Targaryen supporters at Dragonstone

which makes the line go by Viserys line -and to Dany

2 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Neither books or the series are finished. Hence we have no idea what evidence there can be hidden or who can knows about Lyanna and Rhaegar.

Oh yeah, there could be crazy stuff happen somehow, I completely agree.  But in my mind I cannot see a way to actually PROVE it that couldn't be dismissed as someone lying.  You have a kid who has visions (also brother/cousin of the potential heir in question) saying it.  Even a letter or something found from Raehgar saying Lyanna and he married and she was prego with his kid when he left, no way to really prove that Jon was the baby in the letter.  Any account of the fact Ned took a kid from the ToJ that was Raehgar's would have to have absolutely no skin in the game so to speak, or actually be against the Starks but unwilling to lie.  Something like that.  Just seems tough to prove.

5 minutes ago, blckp said:

cause Aerys named Viserys as heir to throne while Aegon was still alive, after Aerys death Viserys was declared king by Queen Rhaella and Targaryen supporters at Dragonstone

Who can prove this? No one in the books has ever mentioned that Rhaegar wasn't the heir. 

2 minutes ago, jrod said:

Oh yeah, there could be crazy stuff happen somehow, I completely agree.  But in my mind I cannot see a way to actually PROVE it that couldn't be dismissed as someone lying.  You have a kid who has visions (also brother/cousin of the potential heir in question) saying it.  Even a letter or something found from Raehgar saying Lyanna and he married and she was prego with his kid when he left, no way to really prove that Jon was the baby in the letter.  Any account of the fact Ned took a kid from the ToJ that was Raehgar's would have to have absolutely no skin in the game so to speak, or actually be against the Starks but unwilling to lie.  Something like that.  Just seems tough to prove.

I see what you mean. I think that in the end Jon's parentage will just be a minor detail.

i think people are overestimating the dragons. I am not saying they are unworthy but the whole Show or the books are not about some dragons came, burn the army of the dead and save the day. Dornishmen defeated dragons before if i remembered correctly. WW might kill a dragon and raised it as a wight. Bran would warg into one and use it against the others if dany dared to use them against jon. There might be many options and i dont think it will be conquering all westeros with dragon power. Dany also have other problems. She has dothraki and ironborn on her side. I dont think anybody will welcome her rapers. Jon on the other hand has only one motive. Defeating the night king and he will rule trident, vale, North and the Wall, more than half of westeros. If dany really wants to leave a better World she must side with jon agains the night king. But i dont think they ll marry. If the targaryen rein will continue dany shouldnt sit on the iron throne either. She ll bear no child. In the books there might be another option but in the Show the targaryen rein would continue only by jon.

4 minutes ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

They foreshadowed the hell out of it. I genuinely think it has a serious chance of happening now

!

When she talked about marriage with the lords in Westeros for political reasons and right after they crowned Jon KiTN, I literally rolled my eyes, they are so obvious lmao

1 hour ago, Jarl Halstein said:

No! Jon Snow should marry Lady Mormont when she has grown up a bit. Both because she was the only House leader loyal to him and because she's one tough cookie.

If he doesn't just become the commander of the Night's Watch again. The next commander will be number 1,000. As soon as I read that Commander Mormont was number 997 in the first novel I knew the story would chew through commanders until an epic number one thousandth leader.

Yeah marry into a house with 64 fighting men.  Wise counsel.

But then again Robb married a nobody and that went well.....

I think it depends on what the Seven Kingdoms looks like after the Great War. Politically, I don't see how Daenerys needs Jon (or any other suitor) to take the Iron Throne. And while a marriage is important to a political alliance, one assumes they won't require a political alliance to join forces against the White Walkers. So I don't see any motive or opportunity for a marriage until after the Great War. And at that point, who knows what things look like?

12 minutes ago, Commander Jon Snow said:

They foreshadowed the hell out of it. I genuinely think it has a serious chance of happening now

5 minutes ago, Leticia Stark said:

!

When she talked about marriage with the lords in Westeros for political reasons and right after they crowned Jon KiTN, I literally rolled my eyes, they are so obvious lmao

They did have the ToJ scene in between, so it wasn't so obvious.  But yeah, the foreshadowing was pretty blatant especially following an episode highliting both characters. 

Since he is Raehgars son (or however you spell it) Wouldn't that mean Jon is techincally Danys nephew? 

wouldnt that be weird for Aunt and Nephew to marry? or is that not weird by game of thrones standards?

1 hour ago, illinifan said:

It seems likely  on the show given that Tyrion advised Dany to give up her man candy and think about potential political marriages.  Tyrion has a history with both Jon and Sansa and would probably counsel in favor of the match.

I was thinking the same thing.  Jon does like Tyrion and vice versa.  Not to mention that Tryion treated Sansa good in their marriage, the best marriage she had and did not know it.  However, that still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  A Aunt & Nephew:wacko:.

7 minutes ago, KG2015 said:

Since he is Raehgars son (or however you spell it) Wouldn't that mean Jon is techincally Danys nephew? 

wouldnt that be weird for Aunt and Nephew to marry? or is that not weird by game of thrones standards?

Not really. Dany wouldnt care and there are a few instances of Uncles marrying nieces in the Stark family  it's not something out of the question in Westeros. 

She is his aunt it's disgusting.

Also we already know how Jon feel about kinslayer who watched their brother get burned without doing anything to help.

He'll hate Dany as soon as he learn more about her.

And Dany deserve a painful death in Westeros for her arrogance,cockyness and being the most boring character in both the show and books.

Archived