Queen of Dragons Marrying King in the North

Dany is running out of marriage options in Westeros.  There aren't many men of power left that would cement a decent alliance.  As I can figure.. Jon, Euron (probably not after the convo in episode 9), Robyn (too young), Littlefinger, and possibly Jaime, if he's no longer in the kingsguard.

3 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Dany has slim pickings at this point. Jaime is out. She'll be at war with Euron. Robyn is too young. Littlefinger holds no real power now. Jon is King of the North. So it's looking like Jon right now.

I don't think Jaime is out.  I think that Dany will come in and unseat Cersei, Cersei will respond by attempting to use the rest of the wildfire and Jaime will kill her.  Jaime might marry Dany to keep the rest of his house from being destroyed (with a little push from Tyrion).

5 minutes ago, Vuron said:

I don't think Jaime is out.  I think that Dany will come in and unseat Cersei, Cersei will respond by attempting to use the rest of the wildfire and Jaime will kill her.  Jaime might marry Dany to keep the rest of his house from being destroyed (with a little push from Tyrion).

Jaime will allow the Dragon Queen to have her way with him to protect what remains of the Lannisters, the most noble act of the series

11 hours ago, jrod said:

Hard to know in the show what other political powerhouses are left.  Who is the power in the Reach who will in essence take over lordship of that region now that there are apparently no more Tyrells?  In the books the Hightowers of Old Town are very wealthy/powerful, but haven't mentioned them in the show, so can't know if that is a possible suitor?  But she already has The Reach on her side (but would maybe need to find a way to keep them there beyond just revenge).  Tyrion is most likely going to be Lord of Casterlyrock if Dany wins the throne, but again he is her Hand and won't need to marry him to bring the Westerlands under her control. 

So the North, Jon would make some sense.  Renounce being KitN to be her king, let Sansa become Lady of Winterfell, in exchange Dany uses her dragon to kill off the army of the dead north of the wall since only fire can apparently kill the wights.  The Vale, Robyn is doomed with LF around, and no way Tyrion and Varys would allow Dany to marry LF, they know how manipulative he is.  So really Jon does make the most sense of the known Lords in Westeros, so unless the show introduces some other guy.

But my biggest question is yes Dany needs to marry for alliance reasons, but who would marry her knowing they wouldn't really be "king", but husband to the queen?  Dany isn't going through all of this to sit on the sidelines while her new husband rules Westeros.

Jon never wanted to rule to begin with either

1 hour ago, Vuron said:

Why would marrying her be a option to save his house. That just doesn't make sense. If anything Tyrion will speak up on his behalf to save him, if it comes to that. 

Barring the obvious pairing of ice and fire, here are the eligible bachelors that could be waiting for Dany to marry:

Tyrion- no. He is her hand and i don't think either of them will dip their personal pens in company ink.

Jamie- nope. He's either going to die defending or killing Cersei. 

Bronn- YES.Tyrionn and Jamie both owe huge debts to Bronn. He has climbed high and has titles and lands. Tyrion pays his debts and tells Dany "pick that one."

Bran Stark-it would be an awesome twist of traditional gender roles and marriage stereotypes. He might be able to warg her dragons and keep them under control, as well as help her rule from behind the scenes. She has her political allegiance with a true born Stark.

Freys/tullys/greyjoys/Tyrells-nope.

Maybe Sam Tarlys little brother?

Robin Arryn- she'd chew him up and spit him out. One of the Royce or Corbrays might work.

Gendry might finally resurface with the brotherhood and be put forth as the last surviving Baratheon, but ive all but given up hope of seeing him again.

Littlefinger- no way. Tyrion and Varys know LF too well. She wouldn't really fall for him or his slyspeak anyway. 

Jorah Mormont- im only putting him on this list bc of my own bias. Obviously the books have a different plan for the bear and his fair haired maiden, but i think he cures his grayscale, swims across the narrow sea, kills Robert Strong, Jaime, and the Nights King, and finally wins Danys love. He was pardoned by King Robert. He was pardoned by his queen. This is Jorahs story, afterall.

Jaqen H'agar- A girl meets the many faced god and is seduced. The girl gains all she had ever wanted. Armies, influence, power, respect, a home and a throne. A girl marries the many faced god, and on her wedding night, the many faced god comes for her. And its very "bittersweet."

But most likely she and Jon meet. She arrives in KL long enough to conquer it and claim the throne at the same time as the Wall falls. With no time to rest or wait she marches her full strength north , has a marriage with Jon arranged and consummated before going into battle. I think she and Drogon are brought down by the Others, Bran wargs Rhaegon and lets Jon ride him. Jon saves the day and once again, is forced to reluctantly lead and be responsible for everyone. 

Jon may marry Dany, but there will need to be another to produce an heir. Remember - Dany can't have children. What good is her taking the throne if she cannot produce an heir to hold it. Either Sansa's marriage with Tyrion produces a child (as Jon's cousin), or Jon and Dany both rule, with him taking an outside wife for children. Remember  the Targs had plural marriages to keep the royal blood in the family. Jon and Dany are aunt/nephew. Close enough but her sterility makes a problem that has to be overcome.

3 minutes ago, Lady Sansa's Direwolf said:

Jon may marry Dany, but there will need to be another to produce an heir. Remember - Dany can't have children. What good is her taking the throne if she cannot produce an heir to hold it. Either Sansa's marriage with Tyrion produces a child (as Jon's cousin), or Jon and Dany both rule, with him taking an outside wife for children. Remember  the Targs had plural marriages to keep the royal blood in the family. Jon and Dany are aunt/nephew. Close enough but her sterility makes a problem that has to be overcome.

Maybe Jon can be the only one to produce children withher. Like some kind of magic or simply because they want it. We don't know how resurrection affects his ability to have children too. Maybe he can't have children too and together they can somehow. I mean possiblities are there but can't imagine Jon taking on another wife. He is honorable, loyal and if he loves someone he'll be with that person.

18 minutes ago, D-Shiznit said:

It's not complicated guys, it's actually hilariously telegraphed, even more so than R+L=J

The name of the freaking series is "a song of ice & fire" ffs; Jon Snow  and Daenerys the un-burnt. I mean hello?

It doesn't mean they have to be romantically involved does it? 

52 minutes ago, Daemon The Black Dragon said:

Why would marrying her be a option to save his house. That just doesn't make sense. If anything Tyrion will speak up on his behalf to save him, if it comes to that. 

If Dany comes in and rolls Cersei, the Lannisters would be the largest house to oppose her.  She either wipes them out or Jaime marries her to secure and alliance and bring peace to the 7 kingdoms.

7 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Maybe Jon can be the only one to produce children withher. Like some kind of magic or simply because they want it. We don't know how resurrection affects his ability to have children too. Maybe he can't have children too and together they can somehow. I mean possiblities are there but can't imagine Jon taking on another wife. He is honorable, loyal and if he loves someone he'll be with that person.

The magic is specific. The witch told her she would bear children again, "When the sun rose in the west and set in the east." Unless the magic which brings down the wall spins the earth in reverse, I doubt Dany will bear children. But I could see Jon marrying her for political reasons yet marrying again for love. The world is going to be must less populated after this is over.

Archived