Queen of Dragons Marrying King in the North

Just now, Chib said:

Why most people assume that Dany and all magical characters will die at the end of the series? 

For me, because of Sam, Gilly and their baby, they are here for a reason, everything magical and mythical will die, first the COTF then the giants then the greenseers then the dragons then the r'hllorists and everyone related to their prophecies then targaryens, only science will survive (I think it's the point of the story)

11 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

For me, because of Sam, Gilly and their baby, they are here for a reason, everything magical and mythical will die, first the COTF then the giants then the greenseers then the dragons then the r'hllorists and everyone related to their prophecies then targaryens, only science will survive (I think it's the point of the story)

Why because of them?

Just now, Future Null Infinity said:

Sam represents the the science in GoT, the scene in the library gave me a big clue,  he will survive and his family

Some people think Sam is AA and Gilly is Nissa Nissa... lol

Why wouldnt she mary Jon? Well because he is the heir to throne, no?

If he is Rhaegar and Lyannas son, and if there was a marriage (polygamy was not a issue for the targs IIRC) then the last living heir on the male side is king. If this can all be proven, and I don't see why the wouldn't then seems to me the most obvious choice and to also keep the targ name alive. Surly thats simple enough.

41 minutes ago, Chib said:

Why most people assume that Dany and all magical characters will die at the end of the series? 

Because of GRRM's proposed bittersweet ending. The sweet part will no doubt be the triumph of the main characters over their adversaries. The bitter part is probably one or more major character dying. 

Due to the events like Ned's beheading, the Red Wedding, the Purple Wedding some people believe that the more important  a character is, the more likely that that character will die. 

Rulers are especially vulnerable. Kings and Hands of the King die like flies in the books/show. Since Dany will definitely be an endgame Westerosi ruler, many people think that she has a high chance of dying. 

Just now, Winter's Cold said:

Because of GRRM's proposed bittersweet ending. The sweet part will no doubt be the triumph of the main characters over their adversaries. The bitter part is probably one or more major character dying. 

Due to the events like Ned's beheading, the Red Wedding, the Purple Wedding some people believe that the more important  a character is, the more likely that that character will die. 

Rulers are especially vulnerable. Kings and Hands of the King die like flies in the books/show. Since Dany will definitely be a ruler, many people think that she has a high chance of dying. 

More likely Jon will die in the end than Dany IMO

Just now, Winter's Cold said:

Jon is definitely a high risk death candidate as well but he's already died. For me him dying again would feel kind of cheap. It's definitely possible though.

He will die again at the end... I have strong feeling about that. I think bittersweet ending would be that Dany gets the throne she wants but all the people who she holds dear will be dead. Like Jon as her last relative will die, Tyrion might go too...

A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing. It might go that way. Dany wants to go home with the red door and lemon tree but she will never see it. 

8 hours ago, Thror Baratheon said:

Why would said Kingship be renounced?  Only reasons would be if Danny demands it (backed by threat of force) for unification purposes or the Kings own nobility does for their own reasons.  Each kingdom would still exist with its own nobility, institutions, structure, laws, and customs intact and separate entities from each other. 

So they would get married and he would be KitN and rule over that with it's own complete autonomy, and she would rule in the south on it's own?  That doesn't make sense.

Dany wants to be Queen of the 7 Kingdoms, not Queen in the South.  So IF she married Jon it would be to unite the entire 7 Kingdoms again.  I can't think of another reason.  Now maybe she marries someone else, and like with the Iron Islands she agrees to some kind of peace treaty with the North and they are on their own.  But again the only reason I can see he marrying Jon is to lock the North and south back together again.

Oh I think Dany and Jon are definitely getting married, in both the show and the books (remember that blue flower growing at the Wall), I would just be surprised if they are still married at the end of the story; because one or both of them will probably be dead.

Unless part of the bittersweet ending is that they don't love or even like each other but need to stay married for the good of the realm; which would actually be a good mirror to the start of the show, where King Robert and Queen Cersei are married only for the good of the realm, and suggesting that there may be another civil war in a couple decades. I could see that ending too.

I genuinely hope a wedding between Jon and Dany does not happen, but if it does then it's from GRRM absolutely no way they make that up. Besides why would they wed Jon is the rightful heir to the throne, Dany is a power hungry invador with a sense of entitlement and a massive army, far more likely to clash than make love.

25 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

Jon is definitely a high risk death candidate as well but he's already died. For me him dying again would feel kind of cheap. It's definitely possible though.

I agree with, he's already died, there is no point to kill him again, unless the departure of Melisandre means something, if he dies this time the it's for good

9 minutes ago, Fez said:

Oh I think Dany and Jon are definitely getting married, in both the show and the books (remember that blue flower growing at the Wall), I would just be surprised if they are still married at the end of the story; because one or both of them will probably be dead.

Unless part of the bittersweet ending is that they don't love or even like each other but need to stay married for the good of the realm; which would actually be a good mirror to the start of the show, where King Robert and Queen Cersei are married only for the good of the realm, and suggesting that there may be another civil war in a couple decades. I could see that ending too.

You know what they say. One to bed, one to dread and one to love. So I think her last lover will be her true love but she is daughter of death so he'll die. So Jon is toast at the end and Mel with her you can die again. She'll get iron throne but it will cost her everyone she holds dear. Also show seems to twist that three fires she must light. First one was when she hatched dragons (Drogo bed her), second to burn Khals (dread part is clear) and third one could be funeral or something for Jon out of love.

28 minutes ago, Chib said:

More likely Jon will die in the end than Dany IMO

Out of interest as I would suggest strongly the other way, Jon is the prince that was promised and rightful heir to the throne, Dany has a big army but not much plot armour beyond being needed for the war of the dawn.

13 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

I genuinely hope a wedding between Jon and Dany does not happen, but if it does then it's from GRRM absolutely no way they make that up. Besides why would they wed Jon is the rightful heir to the throne, Dany is a power hungry invador with a sense of entitlement and a massive army, far more likely to clash than make love.

Because Daeny has 3 dragons and 2 or 3 of the constituent realms backing her already I would say and Jon has 2 or 3 of the constituent realms backing him (albeit the North and riverlands are in shambles). A political marriage between two relatives in such a situation would be strategically logical considering they have two mutual enemies, the lannisters and eventually the NK.

17 minutes ago, Fez said:

9 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

You know what they say. One to bed, one to dread and one to love. So I think her last lover will be her true love but she is daughter of death so he'll die. So Jon is toast at the end and Mel with her you can die again. She'll get iron throne but it will cost her everyone she holds dear. Also show seems to twist that three fires she must light. First one was when she hatched dragons (Drogo bed her), second to burn Khals (dread part is clear) and third one could be funeral or something for Jon out of love.

Agree with all this.

Most people forget about Dany's visions in the HoU, the blue flower growing at the Wall. They will marry in the books for sure. She'll love him and he'll die. He'll be her last bonfire.

Archived