Queen of Dragons Marrying King in the North

I got the impression last night after the Dany/Tyrion conversation that Dany will seek a political alliance with Jon because he is the only major player left.   They may even fall in love since Tyrion said she would be loved again.  Dany and Jon discovering he is a Targ would just be icing on the cake to seal the deal.

I don't know if they'll marry or not, and don't really care, but I think the argument that Jon would never accept Daenerys because he's too honorable, she's a "kinslayer" (???), etc., is really funny. The only woman Jon has actually fallen in love with was a wildling raider who shot an elderly farmer to death right in front of him, murdered Olly's father, killed a whore in the Mole's Town raid, and killed several brothers of the Night's Watch in battle, including Pyp. And he still loved her. Maybe Jon likes his women to be killers.

9 minutes ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I got the impression last night after the Dany/Tyrion conversation that Dany will seek a political alliance with Jon because he is the only major player left.   They may even fall in love since Tyrion said she would be loved again.  Dany and Jon discovering he is a Targ would just be icing on the cake to seal the deal.

Tyrion could fall for her and be like Jorah.

32 minutes ago, boodofmyblood said:

There are a lot of parallels between Jon and Dany, it's pretty undeniable. They have essentially been portrayed as two sides of the same coin.

Point out the similarities, I don't see any. Daenerys believe everything should be hers and that she's the rightful ruler of the world because she's a Targaryen, she's arrogant, self-centered and is trying to wipe out an entire culture and way of thinking leading to civil war.

36 minutes ago, boodofmyblood said:

And no, I don't believe Jon would ever blame Dany for killing her abusive, psychotic ***hole of a brother. 

He totally would as he was disgusted by Axell Florent, I feel like you don't understand Jon's character very well, this is Dany's crime to let her brother being burned alive, what Viserys was guilty of doesn't matter, Jon would have a kin of him beheaded if he truly did something horrible but he'd net let that kin being burned alive no matter the situation.

Dany is not only a kinslayer she's also a monster for watching her own brother being burned alive

I do not think Daenerys will even reach the North before The WW invasion. From my point of view, she will play the same part in WW invasion as the Vale army played in the Battle of Bastards, this means that she will come in and save the day. That was always the problem with storyline of Daenerys, in both the TV series and the book series. George R. R. Martin gave her the super weapons but he had to contain her storyline in order to advance all the other stories and characters. This is why her story is so dragged on. I always felt that her adventures were meaningless and pointless after the first two or three seasons and I was bored by them.

The main problem with this theory, if I interpret the key points correct, is that if such political union occurs, it will only be after WW invasion and eventual victory over them, at the very end of the series. But by that time, it will be no point for such a marriage to occur. During the WW invasion, characters will be too busy fighting and defending their own lives than care for a political match and I suspect the White Walkers care little about politics.

8 hours ago, blckp said:

nope legally even if aegon was alive it would be Viserys ->Daenerys, Viserys line is succession line due to king Aerys passing over Rhaegars line and naming him

You’re making that up. Prove it from Martin's writings or from the show’s scenes, or it never happened.

And it didn't.

Aerys doesn’t get to skip over his elder son, or his elder son’s children.  It doesn’t work that way.

And he never even tried.

7 hours ago, KG2015 said:

Since he is Raehgars son (or however you spell it) Wouldn't that mean Jon is techincally Danys nephew? 

wouldnt that be weird for Aunt and Nephew to marry? or is that not weird by game of thrones standards?

Aunt and nephew are second-degree relations. Cousins are third-degree relations.  Siblings are first-degree relations.

Third-degree is really the first one that’s safe.  First-degree is nuts, with a 50% failure rate.

2 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

The Karstarks were going to marry an uncle to his niece.  These things did happen, you know.

This has become a mainstream team, the idea that they would have incest involving 2 of the most popular characters in the most popular show on TV is delusional.

Especially since Jon/Dany are supposed to be "good" characters unlike Cersei who's vile and devious.

4 hours ago, bfin said:

Weakling? Jon is the main fucking male character in the series. He will lead the victory over the Night King. He is the KofN. That's a position of power. Not to mention the fact of his lineage. He's probably really gonna be some version of Aegon Targaryian( maybe slightly spelled differently but his real name isn't gonna be Jon, everybody he crazy names and his is Jon???) and she will not be the ruler. He will be the true king

There is no “Jon”, only Fake Jon, henceforth to be known as FJon.

FJon’s real name is Aemon Targaryen, which we know for several interesting reasons.

And FJon will be a dragonknight.

2 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

This has become a mainstream team, the idea that they would have incest involving 2 of the most popular characters in the most popular show on TV is delusional.

Especially since Jon/Dany are supposed to be "good" characters unlike Cersei who's vile and devious.

What incest? They aren’t siblings or parents/children.  Incest is first-degree relations getting it on, not others.

11 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

I agree but then they did follow the whole Cersie and Jamie thingy so...

On 6/28/2016 at 1:21 AM, PirateVergo said:

This is our only hope of avoiding a dull and predictable ending. It would be completely out of character for Jon to start an incestuous relationship with his aunt. The majority of viewers, quite rightly, would be disgusted.

Okay lets say she won't marry jon then. Who else would it be? I'm coming up with blanks since basically he is the only power left now. It was clear as day she will marry for the power and allegiance. It will help them both in taking king's landing and jon is basically the best in terms of an army+ parentage.

11 minutes ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

You’re making that up. Prove it from Martin's writings or from the show’s scenes, or it never happened.

And it didn't.

Aerys doesn’t get to skip over his elder son, or his elder son’s children.  It doesn’t work that way.

And he never even tried.

In the World of Ice and Fire we learned from the Maester who wrote it that Aerys did in fact skip over Rhaegar's son Aegon to name his own son Viserys Prince of Dragonstone and heir to the throne. As King he was entitled to choose his heir. Dany thus was Viserys' heir with the claim to the throne. 

4 minutes ago, PirateVergo said:

They've been pretty much telegraphic their upcoming Union from the beginning of the series, with all the parallels from season to season. Last week's episode was a prime example of the show runners showcasing their parallels.

Marriages between uncles and nieces were not uncommon in Middle Ages which is why Westeros is based n. There is nothing wrong with that in their wild. 

The problem with Cersei and Jaime is that they lie about it, were unfaithful to their spouses and vows and hurt people around them to protect their secrets. That's why it's bad. 

I'm at a lost at why some of you think D&D would care what the audience thinks, see example Sansa season 5. They will do want needs to be done to reach the story climax and finale and if that calls for Dany and Jon to be married, then they will be married. They've been having parallel storylines throughout the books and the series, it's been pretty clear to me that they were going to get together one way or another. Wither by love or by political marriage. 

There are a couple of really good essays in the re-read section about the parallels between Jon and Dany. 

Archived