[spoilers] What You Liked/The Positivity Thread

Aniel

I am giving it a 10/10 for my own subjective reasons with a personal twist/touch!

Lady "Kick Ass Bear Cub" Mormont does remember! Amazing acting and Good Northern Memory.

Lady Mormont addressing Lord Cerwyn and the other Lords

Davos - simply exquisite!

Jamie's "wtf, oh she didn't - yes she did, she left the oven on" face on the hills overlooking KL and in particular the Sept! The Crown can claim a gas leak (CH4 concentration in the sewage system; what are Maesters for if they cannot justify that; am I right?)

Jon being the bigger person; emotional control and

Arya as a servant of poetic justice!

Tommen's solitude, silence, and bungee jumping! Unexpected, but hey, he left in style befitting a King!

Daenerys's "you know Daario, I like what we had, but it's over bae - you can protect Meereen while I am gone". The whole post-relationship blablabla, "it's not you, it's me" talk.

Daario in love (maybe it will be a book for Oprah's Book Club) - and - Daario talking to Dr. Phil. Another show that could be interested is Jerry Springer - with Daario, Daenerys, and Tyrion!

Margaery's "piety" before and towards the Gods and High Septon of course, and her instincts of "there is a disturbance in the Force"

Loras's tattoo design in the Sept. Thug Life - Thug Lord.

Loras's outing and religion.

Lord Mace's Tyrell stroke-free patience.

Sansa's block to LF - I was expecting a line among the "I am mourning for my dearly beloved late husband under the tree /thuglife smile".

Feeling sorry for the loss of income of Grand Maester's Pycelle's paramour.

Grand Maester's Pinata

Cersei confessing and wineboarding to Unella

"Shame, shame, shame"

Bronn's "I am always a wingman" chat with Jamie.

High Sparrow's flight!

Fletcher Manderly's admission of effing up.

Citadel's bureaucracy.

The citadel's amazing library!

There are so many things to mention, but it is a genuine 10/10!

I loved absolutely everything from last night episode. It was so perfect.

The thing I definitely loved the most was the score. That piano at the beginning when Cersei was getting dressed for (as I viewed it) what she thought would be only a Tyrell funeral and how the suspense in it increased as the revelation of the wild fire and everything else was going on. Superb.

I loved how the episode strike a great balance between action, plot advancement and quite character moments. Despite how much they had to pack it, there was time for Cersei getting a personal revenge on Septa Unella, people getting dressed or Sam dealing with citadel bureaucracy. 

The lengthy trial was perfect. So much tension. I can't believe I fell for it and that I was actually mad that Loras lost his inheritance and was maimed. Margaery realising that Cersei's playing dirty was great.

Davos confronting Mel: that scene was so powerful and the acting was top notch

Lyanna Mormont

Olenna destroying Sand Snakes

Dawn at Lyanna's bed.

Jon: "Father promised"

Lancel crawling

Frey pies and Arya's glee over killing Filch was disturbing as fuck

Cersei the proper Mad Queen and Jaime being done with her

No more Essos. No more Daario

The only thing I didn't like was that Dany got another set of plot gifts and that her conquest of Westeros is likely going to be "a piece of lembas" and she'll by "mhysa-d" by the commonfolk when she lands. 

I guess that I'm the only one, but I thought the scene with Dany and Tyrion was the best of the night.  After so many years of books/show/seasons, Tyrion finally found a place where he belongs and is wanted.  I know many people seem to hate these Tyrion scenes of him just chatting it up, but they are some of my favorite scenes.  I guess I'm a little different in that I don't need huge battle scenes, mass deaths, and epic double crosses to enjoy.  I love the books because of the inner monologue and character insight we get and these scenes are the closest we get to that.

I love little Lyana.  Such a great character and I love the way she delivers her lines.

I think I must also be the only one that loved Cersei's dress. 

2 hours ago, Thoros of beer said:

There wasn't much to dislike besides some very small flaws to be honest....this episode was a hell of a ride, simply amazing. I'll always remember that King's Landing wildfire scene. 

I really don't understand some of the people in the rant topic....people who even nitpick on cersei's clothing...really???

Part of me is starting to think that a lot of the people posting are trolling because it's just become insane.

I liked so much of it!  Surprisingly, Cersei became my favorite character.  She has been dancing the line between scheming harlot and queen mother for a long time... now she obliterated all of it and went straight for VERY specific vengeance and power.  She shrugged off Tommen's death, set Septa Unella on her way to a singular path of pain and misery, she has Pycell erased... she donned the most fabulous androgynous mansuit ever seen in Westeros, and set to RULING.

I was in awe.  She was a Dark Queen terrifying as the dawn.

Arya was expected.............. but that was orgasmic vindication on a level not yet realized.  If they do get her back with Nymeria, ALL I want is Arya in the ashes of the Iron throne and Nymeria's bloody chops with a HILL of the corpses of those who wronged her in cgi as far as the eye can see.   Jon comes in, she cries, he cries........... they hug it out for long moments.... and Arya drops her violence (it's all accomplished) and she enters a sad reunion with the remaining Starks.  I want Arya vindication, then returned to her wonderful little loving self.  She may be traumatized but in the end, The North won out..... no one lost their soul in the turmoil.  Not even Sansa.

2 hours ago, Orphalesion said:

Dany has been wearing nothing but black since Vaes Dothrak (the "biker Babe" outfit, then the beautiful greco-roman dress she wore to the meetings with the Greyjoys/Daario and the black dress she wore on the ship)

Maybe I am colorblind, but I beileve her dresses were dark blue, not black. But whatever. I love black, looks cool on all of them and suits the mood :) And did the northern dudes and dudettes ever wore something colorful? Nayyyy... 

The visuals and the editing. Oh the visuals and the editing...! If it wasn't for the visuals and the editing...! 

Okay. 

The first KL bit very beautiful (visuals and editing for life). 

It was a nice little moment when Sansa said Winter is here and They both smiled. 

Davos and Mel having a fight was decent writing and pretty good acting. 

The Targaryen fleet looked good too (All hail visuals!) 

Sam was really cute in Old Town. 

The KoTN scene was pleasing.  Lyanna Mormont stole that scene and I found myself mentally figuring out her age and Jon's, wondering LOL  House Mormont put the north to shame.  I liked the Winterfell scenes as well.  Jon and Sansa appear to be getting on well, and the announcement of the raven timed with the snow and the smiles -- perfect.

3 hours ago, Marylou said:

Well, Cersei and the Queen of thornes are in mourning. Usually one wears black on this occasion. I don't see black o Dany, Marge, the bitches in Dorne...;)

Yes. Danerys and her helper Missandy have both been wearing black this season. Something I have teken notice of ;)

This was my favourite episode of this season, I liked it much better than last weeks episode.  I especially liked the King in the North scene (Kudos to Lyanna Mormont), I was also fine with Ned and Lyanna and the Jon reveal. Arya getting revenge was nice too, though it felt a bit rushed.  Also there was Dany finally sailing to Westeros, no more Mereen.

33 minutes ago, Marylou said:

Ah, and I loved that the high sparrow in all his arrogance was full blown to shreds....he deserved it.

Yep. He was coming close to Viserys and Joffrey in how insufferable he was...that false piety was maddening. Such a satisfying death.

Cersei sticking it to all of them was fantastic...and Tommen getting his weak, useless self out of the way was a fantastic bonus :D

Also nice to see Daenerys finally making baby-steps toward decisions a ruler would make instead of a spoilt princess.

P.S. Lady Mormont killin it

-Pretty much all of the North stuff (especially, "The King i'the North!" which was the best scene in the whole episode in my opinion)

-Daenerys sailing for Westeros

-Daenerys naming Tyrion Hand of the Queen

-R+L=J Reveal

-Arya getting revenge

-Cersei burning the Sept and being crowned Queen

-The amazing soundtrack!

4 hours ago, BetsySugar said:

Part of me is starting to think that a lot of the people posting are trolling because it's just become insane.

This isn't new. It’s been happening for years. IIRC I started the first of these episode positivity threads some years ago because I was fed up by all the crank and trolls and haters.

Unfortunately, there are still a hundred times more postings cursing things than there are posting blessing things.

The costuming, the music, the production values in general were all marvelous this episode.  My goodness this is merely a TV program, not a major motion picture, and yet you would be hard-pressed to see that here in this episode.

Even the acting was good, and not just from the standard top actors, either. Dany seemed real for once, intimate and not corny. The scene with Tyrion brought tears to my eyes.

The Citadel was awesome. I loved seeing the astrolabe and the light.

The sept music was stunning, haunting, frenetic, terrifying. 

Jaime being unsettled was good. He should be.  He sure looks good these days, though.

I loved, just loved all the new costumes.

You could see that Sansa has come of age, that the last few years have brought her a wisdom dearly bought.

I was glad to see Benjen again.

Even the "previously on" was great. These recaps are critical to remind casual viewers of the scenes from earlier episodes that connect to the upcoming episode.  Anybody who doesn’t watch those first had best be a super-fanantic.  Otherwise it won't make sense.

FJon pardoning Melisandre, the woman who didn’t save his life but actually summoned him back from death itself, was right an just.  He wasn't a hothead. 

I loved the whole Red Keep scene, a lot of people complains about the writing but I think this scene was a master piece, it made me feel anxious, It made me wonder what Cersei had in mind, it made me cheer up Lancel, made me feel bad for Lord Mace and his legacy, it made me think what Loras was going to do -also I thought that in the religion of the seven might be a lot of kinky septons, like in some religions, so may be it was not that bad for him-, I was anxious when Margaery wanted to get out and I hoped Loras to wake and push everybody. And the confidence of the HS until the hammster in his brain began to move the wheel until he realises there was really something wrong... boom!!

The suicide of Tommen and the previous moments... man! I was literally with the mouth wide open.

I liked the faces of Jaime, when Lord Frey said they both were kingslayers, his arrival to KL and the moment he see Cersei's crowning. 

The scenes of the Citadel were niiice, the astonishing library.... Did someone notice the lamps inside the library, at least the first one,is the one with the Game of Thrones title in the intro? I havent seen the episode again but I think it is, nice touch... would it mean something?

Personally I didn't like the overall show Jon story, however I hail Lady Lyanna Mormont, that girl IS the girl.

The ships were so cool too

It was amazing, really.

Archived