Is Tyrion in love with Daenerys?

It was super-bleeping weird how all of sudden they were standing that close and looking into each other's eyes, I was afraid they were going to kiss.

It could have been an accident, dont think the show is exactly crafted as carefully as the books lol.  At least I hope it was an accident.   

I don't think it was "love" that Tyrion was showing. 

More admiration. 

Tyrion killed his father, killed his beloved, and then fled from everything he had ever known, and became a depressed drunk. 

Until Dany gave him reason to believe and hope again. 

I think that's what we saw, rather than actual feelings towards her. 

I could be wrong though, but that's how I interpreted that scene. 

I don't think Tyrion loves her as much as he admires her, believes in her. Our cynical Tyrion is opening up to the idea of having faith in another person.  Dinklage did a pretty good job selling that speech because as soon as he started, I worried it would be cheesy but it came across as halting and full of admiration. Admiration can turn to love with time.  Whether the story goes that way or not, isn't the dude still married to Sansa?

What alliance marriage may Dany make ?

- Dorne ruled by female

- Reach ruled by female

- Riverlands ruler prisoner and already married

- Iron Island marriage already rejected

- Vale ruled by sickly boy

It lets Jon ... and Tyrion if they want some love triangle intrigue. Tyrion was clever to advise her to free herself, he has his chances.

(but more likely kingdom will be united by a double wedding Dany-Jon and Tyrion-Sansa 2.0 - I'm sure D&D won't miss this occasion to make Sansa fans cry)

16 minutes ago, ArtNJ said:

It was super-bleeping weird how all of sudden they were standing that close and looking into each other's eyes, I was afraid they were going to kiss.

It could have been an accident, dont think the show is exactly crafted as carefully as the books lol.  At least I hope it was an accident.   

Yep, I was afraid they'd kiss too.

13 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

More admiration. 

Tyrion killed his father, killed his beloved, and then fled from everything he had ever known, and became a depressed drunk. 

I think that makes much more sense!

21 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

More admiration. 

That's pretty much the way I saw it too

1 minute ago, aceluby said:

Nope, nothing there outside of admiration and a sense of finally belonging.  It's all he's really wanted.

This. And I think in addition to a sense of belonging, a sense of being valued, which his family never did and she clearly does.

6 hours ago, LastManStanding said:

When Tyrion said to her that Darrio was not the first to love her and won't be the last, there was definitely a look that he had, especially when she walked away... So... any thoughts?

of course, because everything has to work in terms of standard sitcom tropes

Archived