Is Tyrion in love with Daenerys?

25 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

I don't think it was "love" that Tyrion was showing. 

More admiration. 

Tyrion killed his father, killed his beloved, and then fled from everything he had ever known, and became a depressed drunk. 

Until Dany gave him reason to believe and hope again. 

I think that's what we saw, rather than actual feelings towards her. 

I could be wrong though, but that's how I interpreted that scene. 

Count me in this group as well.

I think he pretty much had given up all hope, and basically flat out admitted he was planning on drinking himself to death in short order.  Then Dany gave him a reason to live again (although not stop drinking).  I think he is a realist and still a cynic to a degree, so don't see him falling in love with Dany.  But I do think respect/admiration for what she is doing and what she has accomplished so far.

I think Tyrion can never love a high born woman. He knows what he is and he is wise enough to remember it. However, he feels dignity in her presence which no other woman let him feel. The high born women either considered him a joke or the son of Tywin Lannister. No woman ever give him any importance or respect for what he is as a person. And the way Dany treats him, this is something unique in his life. I don't think we can describe his feelings in one word.

Yes, I 100% got this vibe that Tyrion has fallen in love with Dany based on that comment and the look in Tyrion's eyes.  That vibe was only furthered when they had Tyrion stand on the steps and be at kissing-level...I wouldn't have been surprised if Tyrion had tried something.

But I also think it could easily be read the other way...Tyrion loves Dany more out of admiration for her and the hope she's given him.  It's more admiration and respect than any kind of attraction.  

I'm another fan in the "admiration" camp.   I did see their conversation as foreshadowing though. Dany will be loved again and will make a political alliance with a great House in Westeros.  Pretty obvious it will be Jon since he would be the #1 catch.  Once she learns he is a Targargen there will be no hesitation but it would be nice if they fell in love not knowing.  It's about time for a little romance now that Winter is Here.

40 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

I don't think it was "love" that Tyrion was showing. 

More admiration. 

Tyrion killed his father, killed his beloved, and then fled from everything he had ever known, and became a depressed drunk. 

Until Dany gave him reason to believe and hope again. 

I think that's what we saw, rather than actual feelings towards her. 

I could be wrong though, but that's how I interpreted that scene. 

Exactly.

was I the only one that felt as though it was Dany that was crushing on Tyrion in that scene? I mean she gave off some very affectionate vibes and she pulled the hand of the Queen broach from out of her cleavage, I could be reading too much into that but the director and writers could have done that differently if they didn't want to make it seem romantic. If you think about it logically Tyrion has a good claim to casterly rock, on the show kin slaying isn't a big deal and having house Lannister on her side would be a very attractive proposition to Dany.

39 minutes ago, Lord Freypie said:

What alliance marriage may Dany make ?

- Dorne ruled by female

- Reach ruled by female

- Riverlands ruler prisoner and already married

- Iron Island marriage already rejected

- Vale ruled by sickly boy

It lets Jon ... and Tyrion if they want some love triangle intrigue. Tyrion was clever to advise her to free herself, he has his chances.

(but more likely kingdom will be united by a double wedding Dany-Jon and Tyrion-Sansa 2.0 - I'm sure D&D won't miss this occasion to make Sansa fans cry)

and Arya & Gendry, just to really get the fans balling.

Dinklage is an incredible actor - and at no point did I think Tyrion was going to be kissing Dany.  I think he (Dinklage the actor) did an incredible job of opening up Tyrion to expressing to Dany that he found a reason to believe, and that he was absolutely loyal to her.  Of course he loves her, and likely is in love with her (the same thing happens to all of  her close confidants - Jorah, Daario, etc). 

Everything is coming together, and I really loved the scene where Tyrion is named Hand of the Queen.  Excellent acting, and a very good moment in this series.

50 minutes ago, Lord Freypie said:

What alliance marriage may Dany make ?

- Dorne ruled by female

- Reach ruled by female

- Riverlands ruler prisoner and already married

- Iron Island marriage already rejected

- Vale ruled by sickly boy

It lets Jon ... and Tyrion if they want some love triangle intrigue. Tyrion was clever to advise her to free herself, he has his chances.

(but more likely kingdom will be united by a double wedding Dany-Jon and Tyrion-Sansa 2.0 - I'm sure D&D won't miss this occasion to make Sansa fans cry)

Jon is the most likely and obvious, but also remember that people die and distant relatives take up Lordships. 

I get peoples admiration view, but I feel like there is more. That look when she walked away was of an unrequited love to me, and then after that he made his admiration speech. Dany naming him Hand of the Queen almost made me cry though. 

I didn't think he was in love with Dany, until that little lingering moment he had as she stood up. So yeah, I think there is definitely something there.

It also reminded me of GRRM's original outline where there was an intended love triangle between Jon, Tyrion and Arya. Is it to be Jon, Tyrion and Dany instead? Just a thought.

58 minutes ago, MoonWoman said:

This. And I think in addition to a sense of belonging, a sense of being valued, which his family never did and she clearly does.

That's my impression, too. They feel like true friends to me, now, like he's becoming the William Cecil to her Elizabeth I. I think it'd would probably be too much if it became another Jorah situation, and I don't think it will. 

7 hours ago, LastManStanding said:

When Tyrion said to her that Darrio was not the first to love her and won't be the last, there was definitely a look that he had, especially when she walked away... So... any thoughts?

Yes absolutely. Until that moment I hadn't even considered it but that look was very significant. Not sure it'll come to anything, though. I guess we'll see?

24 minutes ago, Tori Targaryen said:

I didn't think he was in love with Dany, until that little lingering moment he had as she stood up. So yeah, I think there is definitely something there.

It also reminded me of GRRM's original outline where there was an intended love triangle between Jon, Tyrion and Arya. Is it to be Jon, Tyrion and Dany instead? Just a thought.

Ok so from alove triangle between Jon - his sister- Tyrion to Jon - his aunt - Tyrion?

Lmao... Poor Jon he can't get away from incest can he? 

Archived