Is Tyrion in love with Daenerys?

I completely disagree. I don't think he's in love with her but he loves her. He admires her. He believes in her and her cause. He talked about what getting his belief back meant to him. It's nothing more than Peter Dinklage portraying (very well I might add) a combined emotional response of love, admiration, and belief in her.

1 hour ago, MoonWoman said:

This. And I think in addition to a sense of belonging, a sense of being valued, which his family never did and she clearly does.

Yep. Dany has never looked down on him and he finally has someone to believe in, which is very emotional for him. He definitely cares for her but I don't think he's in love with her.

1 hour ago, TheFirstofHerName said:

I'm another fan in the "admiration" camp.   I did see their conversation as foreshadowing though. Dany will be loved again and will make a political alliance with a great House in Westeros.  Pretty obvious it will be Jon since he would be the #1 catch.  Once she learns he is a Targargen there will be no hesitation but it would be nice if they fell in love not knowing.  It's about time for a little romance now that Winter is Here.

Agreed!

51 minutes ago, Tori Targaryen said:

I didn't think he was in love with Dany, until that little lingering moment he had as she stood up. So yeah, I think there is definitely something there.

It also reminded me of GRRM's original outline where there was an intended love triangle between Jon, Tyrion and Arya. Is it to be Jon, Tyrion and Dany instead? Just a thought.

Hmm, that's interesting. If Tyrion is in love with Dany though I don't see him ever admitting to it. I think it would be a love from afar type thing.

I honestly don't think he's in love with her. There is something there, but not romance. This is the first time when Tyrion genuinely believes in a ruler and seems to feel genuine loyalty (no hidden agendas).

21 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Jon must choose, it's inevitable : his sister or his aunt

You mean his cousin (not sister). 

26 minutes ago, CQCStargaryen said:

I completely disagree. I don't think he's in love with her but he loves her. He admires her. He believes in her and her cause. He talked about what getting his belief back meant to him. It's nothing more than Peter Dinklage portraying (very well I might add) a combined emotional response of love, admiration, and belief in her.

I think she's the first powerful, strong-willed paternal or maternal figure (who's 15 years younger than him!) to show him any kind of respect or affection. You can see how taken aback when he got that Hand of the Queen necklace, he was nearly in tears. He doesn't go weak at the knees just because she's around, though, so I don't think romantic love or lust is a factor in the equation.

I think she's a bit young for Tyrion anyway, she's got a big babyface on her. 

1 minute ago, Alan of Rosby said:

I think she's the first powerful, strong-willed paternal or maternal figure (who's 15 years younger than him!) to show him any kind of respect or affection. You can see how taken aback when he got that Hand of the Queen necklace, he was nearly in tears. He doesn't go weak at the knees just because she's around, though, so I don't think romantic love or lust is a factor in the equation.

I think she's a bit young for Tyrion anyway, she's got a big babyface on her. 

I agree. I believe he's just overwhelmed with the situation. Someone for the first time in his life is showing him approval and appreciation. 

25 minutes ago, boodofmyblood said:

Hmm, that's interesting. If Tyrion is in love with Dany though I don't see him ever admitting to it. I think it would be a love from afar type thing.

This sentiment exactly. I see him in love, but I doubt he would ever do anything about it. Not uncommon. 

There was a look of longing towards Dany, but not in the way you think. One of the core items of his character is his desire to be loved. It's why he seeks out whores, it's why he put up with his family's crap for as long as he did. He was speaking of someone always being around to love her... and I think his look was that he wishes it was that easy for him.

I think Tyrion's in love with her, although I think he didn't realize it until the precise moment where he said Daario wouldn't be the last to love her. I doubt he'll do anything about it, though; as he himself said, pretty much everyone falls in love with Dany, and she needs to be unencumbered for a future marriage alliance.

Personally, I would give up everything I have ever owned to follow her. She is the trueborn daughter of the murdered true King, the heiress to the most powerful and glorious dynasty the world has ever known. She is the mother of dragons, and the breaker of chains, and the only woman who can bring justice to the troubled world.

Add to that that she is a 10/10 in the looks department, and was trained in the arts of the bedchamber by a Lyseni pleasure slave, and if there's a man alive who wouldn't fall in love with her, he's likely batting for the other team.

Of course he's in love with her.

Archived