What is Littlefinger's next move?

ssls6

The scene with him trying and failing to get Sansa, then disparaging Jon to create a little chaos, and finally watching as the Northern Lords pledged themselves to Jon while Sansa smiled in approval is concerning to me.  You could see the wheels turning in his head.  I say his next move is back to KL but what does he do there?  Tell Cerci that Jon/Sansa have taken the North and push for a Lannister reaction?

Did anyone watch the post-episode videos on YouTube? 

They made it blatantly obvious that they are setting up a Sansa-Jon conflict moving forward. 

Jon is the King, and has the adoration of the people, even though it was as much Sansa's victory as it was his. 

Littlefinger's frustrated look at everyone loving Jon, meeting Sansa's slightly jealous / bitter look? They are both on the same page I think. 

Also, Littlefinger has also planted into Sansa's head that she's the one that deserves the power and position, not Jon. 

That's a thread that I think is going to really influence her character heading into next season. 

Jon also says to here:

"We mustn't fight", or something like that. Ominous.

I suppose that if he doesn't just go home and start growing pumpkins or something like that, one of the few things he can do is to try to create a conflict between Sansa and Jon. Now that Sansa was practically jumped over in the line of succession and she was not given what is her by right, it seems like a good position for LF to try to turn her against Jon. At this point I can't see him actually achieving anything.

9 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

They made it blatantly obvious that they are setting up a Sansa-Jon conflict moving forward. 

Jon is the King, and has the adoration of the people, even though it was as much Sansa's victory as it was his. 

Littlefinger's frustrated look at everyone loving Jon, meeting Sansa's slightly jealous / bitter look? They are both on the same page I think. 

Also, Littlefinger has also planted into Sansa's head that she's the one that deserves the power and position, not Jon. 

That's a thread that I think is going to really influence her character heading into next season. 

Jon also says to here:

Agree. I posted this in one of the videos. The "We must trust each other" was the foreshadowing because what LF said to Sansa about "who he will declare for, the true blood or the bastard" and to watch all the Northerners declare for Jon angered him. Then he locked eyes with Sansa and she caught on; she realized what LF said at the Weirwood tree, SHE is the true born, deserving of Winterfell, not Jon. And there will be a fight for Winterfell between Sansa and Jon next season. Sansa to accept LF's wedding proposal afterall and take WF to herself and that sends Jon and the army north to fight the White Walkers? Or...South to join Dany and her dragons? 

How about Sansa is just happy to be HOME, with one of her siblings. She could care less about politics, especially after all she went through. Also, once again i dont think Jon cares about politics, as he have stated many times, the ultimate battle is coming soon, so i wouldnt be surprised if he gives her the reigns.

Thats not his cup of tea. Sana will play LF because she dont trust his ass anymore anyways.

the next move of LF is he will wait for the next disagreement between Jon and Sansa to try to convince Sansa to usurp the KitN but she already knows about her schemings and she already told that to Jon so she will keep an eye on him

And the "inside the episode' video is generating a lots of confusion on the internet, people saw a good end to Jon/Sansa relationship but D&D are saying that the relation is bad and it will be a mini civil war between the starks, did D&D watch the episode before making their comments?

I doubt the Jon vs Sansa conflict (if theres ever one next season) will be that serious at all. D&D need to create some kind of filler plot in Winterfell until the White Walkers arrive. I mean maybe there are some kind of typical childish conflict between them , but in the end Sansa will realize best thing she can do is get rid of Littlefinger and kill him. Although that would mean that they would lose the support of the Vale and even being declared war against them for killing their liege lord.

25 minutes ago, TickTak7 said:

Jon also says to here:

Yes. I think Benioff and Weiss saying that Jon, even after all he's been through, is horribly naive. He doesn't believe that the Starks could be turned against each other, or that Sansa's heart wouldn't harden after being raped by Ramsay. 

D&D always claim something in the post episode videos that is opposite of what played out on screen. What they think is conveyed onscreen is not what actually IS conveyed on screen. Sansa's look seemed more of concern about LF's next move than her going "crap he was right and I've just been ignored in favor of a bastard." That was a look of "this guy is capable of anything and my only surviving sibling just entered his crosshairs".

29 minutes ago, Lyin' Ned said:

If he had half a brain cell he'd offer to give the Vale to Dany in exchange for her hand in marriage, and voila!, he ends up on the Iron Throne like he always wanted. 

I'd love to see that. Sadly, neither Tyrion nor Varys are likely to give Littlefinger positive references so his chances to woe Dany are zilch.

Littlefinger is patient as well as clever. He's not going to stupidly go back to Cersei or anything like that, unless it's just to play her (which I don't think would work, and he wouldn't really be stupid enough to try). He planted the seeds in Sansa's mind that she could be queen of Westeros, and that she should rule the north, not Jon. LF will bide his time and let Sansa come to him. And I'm afraid she will play right into his hands, same as she always has, and possibly without her knowledge, LF will try to have Jon assassinated to make her queen. But it won't work, and I think Arya will come for Sansa then.

31 minutes ago, amyzing1 said:

Agree. I posted this in one of the videos. The "We must trust each other" was the foreshadowing because what LF said to Sansa about "who he will declare for, the true blood or the bastard" and to watch all the Northerners declare for Jon angered him. Then he locked eyes with Sansa and she caught on; she realized what LF said at the Weirwood tree, SHE is the true born, deserving of Winterfell, not Jon. And there will be a fight for Winterfell between Sansa and Jon next season. Sansa to accept LF's wedding proposal afterall and take WF to herself and that sends Jon and the army north to fight the White Walkers? Or...South to join Dany and her dragons? 

I think we are viewing it in a very similar way. 

I think it's been setup, very obviously, for some sort of tension / conflict between Jon and Sansa moving forward. 

The fact that Sansa hasn't just dismissed LF to get lost and do his own thing, is very telling. 

Sansa is finally playing the game. 

Poor Jon might be the one who gets caught

14 minutes ago, Noelle Snow said:

D&D always claim something in the post episode videos that is opposite of what played out on screen. What they think is conveyed onscreen is not what actually IS conveyed on screen. Sansa's look seemed more of concern about LF's next move than her going "crap he was right and I've just been ignored in favor of a bastard." That was a look of "this guy is capable of anything and my only surviving sibling just entered his crosshairs".

I think about two possibilities :

• the episode has been changed after those commentaries from the D&D and the actors (maybe they changed their minds and didn't want to show a nasty Sansa to Jon)
  • their commentaries is pure hype, nothing of this mini civil war between starks will happen is S7 (remember Jon is dead and not coming back?) :D

Jon practically offered Sansa the position on a silver platter. Then she refused it and said he deserved it (the Lord's room is yours). If there is a Jon vs Sansa conflict next season or jealousy on Sansa's part, then this is horrible writing. I assumed the look between Sansa and Littlefinger was a conflict between them. LF wanted Sansa to claim the throne but she gave it to Jon. Her look to LF is a look of defiance.

Archived