What is Littlefinger's next move?

ssls6

Why would Sansa want to take Jon's position of power at all. Does Sansa think she would do a better job fighting the Others? Does she want to be the one facing them? Maybe if you took the fight against winter out of the equation that would make sense, but if Jon's main role now is leading the fight against the Others/WW that doesn't seem to leave a lot of room for political machinations.

I think that in the KiTN scene, Littlefinger looks like he is looking around the room, gaging the other lords, watching how they are responding/reacting to Jon.  He is actively observing.  he watches Jon's delivery and the others.  I think he's assessing how useful Jon can be to him.  I wonder if Littlefinger is plotting to try to get Jon on the Iron Throne, set Sansa up as Jon's queen, kill jon, and take the throne/sansa for himself (I think this is what people assume Littlefinger is planning in the books within the Vale as a smaller scale plot, so I wonder if they're doing it in the show).

If Baelish wasn't playing Sansa by telling the truth, I don't know what his plan will be because he really acted so out of character in this episode.

In the King in the North scene, it was subtle but the scene delivered it. Sansa was smiling when Lyanna Mormont started talking about the Stark name but her smile died when the girl said "he may be a bastard". After a few seconds, when Jon looked at her, she had put a false smile until her eyes met Baelish's and she understood Baelish saw through her false act of happiness.

I'm glad to find out my analysis of the scene seems correct thanks to the comments of D&D and some of the actors which include Sophie Turner.

But I don't have a definite idea about what LF will do. However, there are 3 clues.

1. LF will go for the Iron Throne.

2. He's in the open for the first time and he's an enemy of a great house which in this case controls the Crown.

3. He needs Sansa beside him.

1 hour ago, willowbark said:

I wonder if Littlefinger is plotting to try to get Jon on the Iron Throne, set Sansa up as Jon's queen,

As in, make her FJon’s wife?

Just because the entire kingdom has had enough of the Lannister reign doesn’t mean that they are eager for King Littlefinger.

More likely they'll be ripe for a Targaryen Restoration.

9 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

watch the post-episode videos on Game of Thrones' YouTube account. 

Then let's resume this conversation. 

Pretty sure you won't disagree with me then. 

I watched them and you are correct.  Jaime is now scared of Cersei, Arya has gone mad, Jon and Sansa will have major tension. 

To the topic at hand, I think Little Weasel will wait and see. If Dany is showing up with Dragons and has  House Tyrell, The Dornish, The Stormlands with her, he has to bring in the Vale and the North, that would be it for  Cersei. Cersei also has turned all the Septs and Septas against her.  Huge error for Cersei . . .   as Tywin says, "You aren't smart."  

10 hours ago, TickTak7 said:

Did anyone watch the post-episode videos on YouTube? 

They made it blatantly obvious that they are setting up a Sansa-Jon conflict moving forward. 

Jon is the King, and has the adoration of the people, even though it was as much Sansa's victory as it was his. 

Littlefinger's frustrated look at everyone loving Jon, meeting Sansa's slightly jealous / bitter look? They are both on the same page I think. 

Also, Littlefinger has also planted into Sansa's head that she's the one that deserves the power and position, not Jon. 

That's a thread that I think is going to really influence her character heading into next season. 

Jon also says to here:

"We mustn't fight", or something like that. Ominous.

I didn't watch the videos, but if they do this I'll be pretty disappointed.  Their reunion hug was one of the highlights of another rough season.  To descend into petty political rivalry over a power position would undo an otherwise rock solid bond - one that seems at present well fused through mutual hardship, loss, family, victory over a mutual enemy, and the ongoing Stark diaspora. 

The "we mustn't fight" bit is indeed ominous though, seems obvious enough as a portent, and D&D love their obvious portents.

I guess the thing that makes his actions hard to understand is "what does Sansa want"?  She no longer believes in fairytale endings so does she want to be home and around family? does she desire power? does she want a family of her own?  Her story has been one of disillusionment followed by an escape story....

We know what Littlefinger wants, he vets all decisions by "does this get me closer to the iron throne" but as viewers that isn't going to happen.  I hope Sansa doesn't get dragged down by him.  Her best play now is Edmure? Sweet Robin? Queen of Riverrun? Queen of the Vale? Lady Bolton of the Dreadfort?

When I watched the scene I thought Sansa was unhappy.

Jon gets declared KitN, she gets nothing.  LF sits in the corner staring at her, basically saying 'I told you so".

Its rather stupid if you ask me.  If there really is only 13 episodes left, they have no time for this crap.

I hope LittleFinger succeeds and wins the Game and lives at the end of the series.

Maybe he'll marry Sansa or the Dragon Queen :)

My guess though, is that Little Finger tries to kill Jon Snow, and Sansa kills him.  That look by Sansa is more a look of, "I know Little Finger is up to no good, and I will stop him".  The show is too predictable, and is very Hollywood now.

On 6/27/2016 at 1:11 PM, Survivor92 said:

Jon practically offered Sansa the position on a silver platter. Then she refused it and said he deserved it (the Lord's room is yours). If there is a Jon vs Sansa conflict next season or jealousy on Sansa's part, then this is horrible writing. I assumed the look between Sansa and Littlefinger was a conflict between them. LF wanted Sansa to claim the throne but she gave it to Jon. Her look to LF is a look of defiance.

Agreed.  If there is conflict between Jon and Sansa, it will be hard to create organically.  

43 minutes ago, Ser Goosey said:

Agreed.  If there is conflict between Jon and Sansa, it will be hard to create organically.  

Sansa: We have to south, free my uncle and retake Riverrun.

Jon: We have to go North and fortify the Wall.

Sansa: South!

Jon: North!

Etc., etc. I don't expect conflict over who should rule.

On 6/27/2016 at 11:54 AM, Noelle Snow said:

D&D always claim something in the post episode videos that is opposite of what played out on screen. What they think is conveyed onscreen is not what actually IS conveyed on screen. Sansa's look seemed more of concern about LF's next move than her going "crap he was right and I've just been ignored in favor of a bastard." That was a look of "this guy is capable of anything and my only surviving sibling just entered his crosshairs".

This was my interpretation as well.

Archived