[Spoilers] Euron and Cersei???

Rumy Stark

So here is what we know:

Euron wants Westeros. He currently has the Iron Islands and is building a fleet.

Cersei just crowned herself queen of Westeros but she has 0 support outside the Lannister camp, and she might not even have that considering Jaime is technically Lord Lannister and he seemed mighty displeased at the end of the last episode.

A match made in heaven?

It seems sort of far-fetched to me except that I feel like they had to have introduced Euron for more than just "get Theon and Yara out of the Iron Islands." If he's building a huge fleet, Cersei needs it. And she needs someone's army, someone's support to use to try to garner more support before her now inevitable war with Dany. Euron seems like the best answer. 

Thoughts?

I've seen this kicked around, but I don't buy it personally. Cersei is done playing nice. She isn't making any more friends, she's certainly not groveling to Euron Greyjoy of all people for protection. I agree it would probably be a smart idea, but Cersei's mind is so twisted now. She will never take another husband. She will never lower herself to asking for alliance with a hated Ironborn. 

18 minutes ago, Rumy Stark said:

So here is what we know:

Euron wants Westeros. He currently has the Iron Islands and is building a fleet.

Cersei just crowned herself queen of Westeros but she has 0 support outside the Lannister camp, and she might not even have that considering Jaime is technically Lord Lannister and he seemed mighty displeased at the end of the last episode.

A match made in heaven?

It seems sort of far-fetched to me except that I feel like they had to have introduced Euron for more than just "get Theon and Yara out of the Iron Islands." If he's building a huge fleet, Cersei needs it. And she needs someone's army, someone's support to use to try to garner more support before her now inevitable war with Dany. Euron seems like the best answer. 

Thoughts?

I've predicted this since before ADwD came out. It was the obvious plot since the moment we learned that Euron did not, in fact, go to Slaver's Bay and Victarion intended to betray him (assuming this was all true, of course).

And it is the obvious pairing if Euron can't have Dany. Cersei is still fertile (in the books) and Lady of Casterly Rock in her own right, controlling vast wealth and quite a big army. And she is the mortal enemy of the Tyrells.

It will the second best option for Euron but just as Aegon might work with Arianne for the time being Euron might accept Cersei's offer. And they certainly should get along splendidly.

This is the only way, I think, that Cersei can become a player of sorts again. After the way George treated her in the books her rise to power in her own right (as the show has ridiculously done) is forever barred to her. Just as Tyrion needs Dany now to help him get his revenge Cersei needs a new husband and ally. With Euron she can actually hope to retake the Iron Throne or at least to make everyone pay for what was done to her. With Euron she could even take on the Faith - which she most certainly is going to want to do in the books.

Can see this happening. Euron wants the Iron Throne and Cersei needs assistance to fight off her foes. A great exchange as Cersei has no houses to back her up. Vale has declared for the Starks, the Tullys has regained their power after Arya killed Walder and his heirs (leaving a battle of succession among the Freys), Tyrells and Martells forging their alliance with Dany. That only leaves the Greyjoy in which Euron is the king and he's after Dany's dragons and Theon and Yara.

When Jon is named king he uses an interesting choice of words. He talks about a storm that is coming. Of course, he can be referring to the Others, but you know who else calls himself a "storm"? Euron. Maybe foreshadowing, maybe not. Thoughts?

I think in the books Euron claims he has found the Dragonbinder in the ruins of Valyria which is believed to be able to control dragons. So it would definitely make sense if Cersei and Euron join forces against Daenerys and her dragons. Now Daenerys looks unbeatable but with Euron and his Dragonbinder it'll be a more balanced and way more interesting fight indeed.

But even in the books we still can't confirm if that horn that Euron found is actually the Dragonbinder and can actually control dragons because he simply hadn't had the chance to use it yet.

Btw now that Cersei has no children it make sense to assume that she has no heir. Will it be possible that Euron + Cersei give birth to another baby?? It's possible that Cersei + Jaime will give birth to another child but seems that Jaime is pretty pissed now and that would break Maggy the Frog's prophecy?

On 27 June 2016 at 11:07 PM, Lord Varys said:

I've predicted this since before ADwD came out. It was the obvious plot since the moment we learned that Euron did not, in fact, go to Slaver's Bay and Victarion intended to betray him (assuming this was all true, of course).

And it is the obvious pairing if Euron can't have Dany. Cersei is still fertile (in the books) and Lady of Casterly Rock in her own right, controlling vast wealth and quite a big army. And she is the mortal enemy of the Tyrells.

It will the second best option for Euron but just as Aegon might work with Arianne for the time being Euron might accept Cersei's offer. And they certainly should get along splendidly.

This is the only way, I think, that Cersei can become a player of sorts again. After the way George treated her in the books her rise to power in her own right (as the show has ridiculously done) is forever barred to her. Just as Tyrion needs Dany now to help him get his revenge Cersei needs a new husband and ally. With Euron she can actually hope to retake the Iron Throne or at least to make everyone pay for what was done to her. With Euron she could even take on the Faith - which she most certainly is going to want to do in the books.

They both deserve each other, and could you imagine the mad offspring of this Union, the ego, the entitlement, the cruelty. Imagine this 2 nutters  courting each other, it would be interesting to see a Pov with these 2 getting to know each other, and goodness, could you imagine them both plotting to off each other, it would be Machiavellian to say the least!

We still don't know if Dany will say off to Euron entirely in the book. But I assume she will never agree to his offer. So maybe it is safe to assume that she will get the Dorne and Tyrell support same as in the book. And FAegon does not even appear so we can assume that he is not that much important and he is fake too. 

Euron's obvious choice is Cersei, yes. But does she want to get married ever again?

18 hours ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

When Jon is named king he uses an interesting choice of words. He talks about a storm that is coming. Of course, he can be referring to the Others, but you know who else calls himself a "storm"? Euron. Maybe foreshadowing, maybe not. Thoughts?

I was thinking about this immediately I heard it. I think that Euron is somehow connected with WW and he will have something to do with bringing The Wall down.

14 hours ago, Neds Secret said:

They both deserve each other, and could you imagine the mad offspring of this Union, the ego, the entitlement, the cruelty. Imagine this 2 nutters  courting each other, it would be interesting to see a Pov with these 2 getting to know each other, and goodness, could you imagine them both plotting to off each other, it would be Machiavellian to say the least!

Spoilers for WoW

Spoiler

In newest sample chapter from WoW named Forsaken, Aeron have vision and see Euron seating on IT, and beside him women with pale fire in her hand. After watching last episode I`m certain it`s Cersie.

18 hours ago, King Merrett I Frey said:

Stormbowl confirmed!

Archived