The Red Wedding, The Purple Wedding and The ... Trial?

1 minute ago, Rubicante said:

The trial where no explanation is given as to why the Faith Militant blocked everyone from leaving the building when it was pointed out their lives were all in danger.

The trial where Margery makes an amazing leap to what is really happening, rather than assuming she plans on holding out militarily, or escaping.

7 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

The trial where Margery makes an amazing leap to what is really happening, rather than assuming she plans on holding out militarily, or escaping.

I don't think she knew what was going on, just that something was going on and it was bad news for the faith.

1 minute ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

I don't think she knew what was going on, just that something was going on and it was bad news for the faith.

Which is an incredible leap of logic.  If a bankrupt (house Lannister is out of money), powerless person who only has one zombie and a maesterish person in her employ doesn't show up for a trial, why should everyone here is in danger be the default assumption.  Why not her running for Casterly Rock, or her planning on hiding behind Ser Gregor at the Red Keep, etc.  

I totally buy that she should be able to figure out that Cersei not coming means Cersei has a plan for not showing up at the trial.  But nothing like mass murder without some impressive omniscient abilities.

5 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Which is an incredible leap of logic.  If a bankrupt (house Lannister is out of money), powerless person who only has one zombie and a maesterish person in her employ doesn't show up for a trial, why should everyone here is in danger be the default assumption.  Why not her running for Casterly Rock, or her planning on hiding behind Ser Gregor at the Red Keep, etc.  

I totally buy that she should be able to figure out that Cersei not coming means Cersei has a plan for not showing up at the trial.  But nothing like mass murder without some impressive omniscient abilities.

The roses will have answer for you in the coming days. Just you wait and see.

5 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

i think the absence of both Cersei and Tommen made her suspicious.  If Cersei were simply running, she might have left Tommen to remain king.  However, as much as Marg hated Cersei, she would realize that Cersei would protect her son.  Some people have good instincts.  

7 minutes ago, JonSnow4President said:

Because tommen wasn't there. The one person/thing she cares about. It is suspicious and would have had me nervous, too.

1 minute ago, Winter Rose Crown said:

Because tommen wasn't there. The one person/thing she cares about. It is suspicious and would have had me nervous, too.

Once again, grab Tommen and run.  Grab Tommen so he can't be used against her in a Gregor stand (in a small area, since he seems impervious to wounds, I'm not sure he could be overrun). It is still an incredible leap of logic to assume mass murder.

Archived