The Red Wedding, The Purple Wedding and The ... Trial?

32 minutes ago, MoreOrLess said:

One interesting way to look at it might be to consider what the event will be known as within the story itself. The show actually used The Red Wedding and I think that worked pretty well.

I spose it depends a bit who might be reffering the events in question, the people most likely to seem to be either those of a religious inclination(or the Faith itself or overwise) or the Tyrells. On the religious side I would say something like "the grand blasphemy".

The Red Wedding is the name GRRM gave the event in the books and is used within the story. The Purple Wedding was fan term given to Joffrey's wedding. Natalie Dormer asked GRRM his thoughts on the term in the commentary for that episode and he was fine with it as it helps to differentiate the two events in the story.

On July 8, 2016 at 0:28 PM, John Suburbs said:

You're sure it's going to be Jaime? He's not the only younger brother in the story.

I'd imagine only GRRM and D&D are sure of such things. But yeah I'm 100% convinced that Jaime is the Volanqar. I'm basing this on the fact that Cersei wanted Tyrion dead for "killing" Joffrey without knowing for absolute certain he was guilty. Her true motivation is Maggy the Frog's prophecy. She's always believed it was Tyrion, without even considering the fact that Jaime is also her younger brother. This is why the Red Viper witnesses Cersei trying to pinch his baby cock off. 

Furthermore, the Kingslayer slayed the Mad King immediately after ordering all of Kings Landing burned. The Mad King ordered ALL of those caches of wildfire (which have been described in detail by Jaime to Brienne and then Tyrion to Daenerys) to be ignited. He shouted "Burn them all" repeatedly. Well Cersei just did that, although on a much smaller scale. The Mad Queen lol. Watch the finale again, pay attention to the look on Jaime's face at her crowning. He's clearly staring at his sister with rage and disgust.

The other pieces to the puzzle are the true heritage of Tyrion and Jon. Do you remember in season one when Tyrion tells Jon to embrace his identity as a bastard? The whole "a dwarf is always a bastard in his fathers eyes" line... This was a clue that they are bastard brothers, both bastard sons of Aerys Targaryen IV, The Mad King. 8 out of 12 pregnancies, with his wife/sister ended in either stillbirth or miscarriage. And that was his wife, who had pure Targaryen blood. Blood that thru the ages, occasionally brings Targaryens with fire immunity/resistance and greyscale immunity into the world. Now in the cases of Joanna Lannister and Lyanna Stark, giving birth to Targaryen babes killed them both during the birthing process. Considering the fact that Rhaegar had no history of pregnancy difficulties with Elia Martell, I'm calling BS on the whole R+L=J theory. It's a red herring. A 20 year long effing red herring. Rheagar was definitely the "shadow host" behind the Great Tourney of Harrenhall. He was mounting his own rebellion just as Robert was exacting his. I think the Mad King abducted her after finding out she and Rhaegar were running away together. They were obviously in love with each other. The Mad King somehow must've kidnapped and raped her, only to have the Sword of the Morning sneak in and rescue her. Under orders from the Crown Prince, he took her to the Tower of Joy to wait for Rhaegar to arrive. But then Robert defeated him in battle and Arthur Dayne didn't have any further orders...

This brings me back to greyscale. We all saw Tyrion get touched by the stoneman underwater, but he doesn't get it. Then when Jorah takes Daenerys by the hand at the fighting pits, she doesn't get it either. I'll bet Jon is also immune and we will probably see evidence of this at some point. 3 heads of the fire dragon...

So in conclusion, both Jaime and Tyrion have motives. But in the books, Jaime tells Tyrion about the fact that his first wife wasn't a whore after all. That he and Tywin had tricked him into forcing the entire household guard to train rape her. Tyrion then proceeds to tell Jaime if he ever sees him again he will kill him. While this hasn't happened yet on the show, I imagine Tyrion will find out the truth and come for Jaime. As GRRM has stated the show and the books may take different roads, but will definitely arrive at the same destination.  And at this point in the story Jaime is furious with her and much closer to her than Tyrion. I think Jaime will use wildfire to kill Cersei to avenge her inadvertent murder of Tommen. Since he wouldn't have jumped out the window if she hadn't "burned them all". Jaime knows what he needs to do now. He knows how to deal with mad tyrants. According to Daenerys' vision whilst in the House of the Undying, she will find the Red Keep partially torched with snow falling through the holes in the roof.

On ‎7‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 3:46 PM, PyromancersPiss said:

I'd imagine only GRRM and D&D are sure of such things. But yeah I'm 100% convinced that Jaime is the Volanqar. I'm basing this on the fact that Cersei wanted Tyrion dead for "killing" Joffrey without knowing for absolute certain he was guilty. Her true motivation is Maggy the Frog's prophecy. She's always believed it was Tyrion, without even considering the fact that Jaime is also her younger brother. This is why the Red Viper witnesses Cersei trying to pinch his baby cock off. 

Furthermore, the Kingslayer slayed the Mad King immediately after ordering all of Kings Landing burned. The Mad King ordered ALL of those caches of wildfire (which have been described in detail by Jaime to Brienne and then Tyrion to Daenerys) to be ignited. He shouted "Burn them all" repeatedly. Well Cersei just did that, although on a much smaller scale. The Mad Queen lol. Watch the finale again, pay attention to the look on Jaime's face at her crowning. He's clearly staring at his sister with rage and disgust.

The other pieces to the puzzle are the true heritage of Tyrion and Jon. Do you remember in season one when Tyrion tells Jon to embrace his identity as a bastard? The whole "a dwarf is always a bastard in his fathers eyes" line... This was a clue that they are bastard brothers, both bastard sons of Aerys Targaryen IV, The Mad King. 8 out of 12 pregnancies, with his wife/sister ended in either stillbirth or miscarriage. And that was his wife, who had pure Targaryen blood. Blood that thru the ages, occasionally brings Targaryens with fire immunity/resistance and greyscale immunity into the world. Now in the cases of Joanna Lannister and Lyanna Stark, giving birth to Targaryen babes killed them both during the birthing process. Considering the fact that Rhaegar had no history of pregnancy difficulties with Elia Martell, I'm calling BS on the whole R+L=J theory. It's a red herring. A 20 year long effing red herring. Rheagar was definitely the "shadow host" behind the Great Tourney of Harrenhall. He was mounting his own rebellion just as Robert was exacting his. I think the Mad King abducted her after finding out she and Rhaegar were running away together. They were obviously in love with each other. The Mad King somehow must've kidnapped and raped her, only to have the Sword of the Morning sneak in and rescue her. Under orders from the Crown Prince, he took her to the Tower of Joy to wait for Rhaegar to arrive. But then Robert defeated him in battle and Arthur Dayne didn't have any further orders...

This brings me back to greyscale. We all saw Tyrion get touched by the stoneman underwater, but he doesn't get it. Then when Jorah takes Daenerys by the hand at the fighting pits, she doesn't get it either. I'll bet Jon is also immune and we will probably see evidence of this at some point. 3 heads of the fire dragon...

So in conclusion, both Jaime and Tyrion have motives. But in the books, Jaime tells Tyrion about the fact that his first wife wasn't a whore after all. That he and Tywin had tricked him into forcing the entire household guard to train rape her. Tyrion then proceeds to tell Jaime if he ever sees him again he will kill him. While this hasn't happened yet on the show, I imagine Tyrion will find out the truth and come for Jaime. As GRRM has stated the show and the books may take different roads, but will definitely arrive at the same destination.  And at this point in the story Jaime is furious with her and much closer to her than Tyrion. I think Jaime will use wildfire to kill Cersei to avenge her inadvertent murder of Tommen. Since he wouldn't have jumped out the window if she hadn't "burned them all". Jaime knows what he needs to do now. He knows how to deal with mad tyrants. According to Daenerys' vision whilst in the House of the Undying, she will find the Red Keep partially torched with snow falling through the holes in the roof.

Nice, for the book, though, my money is still on Tommen for Valonquar -- a dead Tommen, wrapping his hands around Cersei's throat, the way wights tend to do it.

I also suspect that while Tysha may not have been a whore, she still only wanted Tyrion for his money. Shae had the right of it: a woman who was nearly raped doesn't give up her maindenhead that very night, especially to a dwarf.

Archived