Sunspear Sigil on ship

The show never explain how much time passes from one scene to another.  To be honest all of this fills a plot hole.  Earlier it seemed like they needed 1000 ships to bring Dany's army.  Then the Greyjoys show up with 100 ships and Tyrion is kind of like "it might be enough".  Well the "might", may have been based off of the idea that Varys might be returning with Dornish/Tyrell ships.  They may not have been counting on Dornish ships, but not Tyrell ships.  

It also would make sense why Varys bothered going back to join with Dany... they needed the Dornish ships to get the army across the sea.

9 minutes ago, Dany's Golden Fleece said:

Man, I can't wait for some Daenerys and Olenna scenes. Please.....

The filming spoilers should be quite interesting this summer regarding who will be shooting scenes with Emilia.  Lena? Kit? Diana Rigg?

16 minutes ago, YOVMO said:

I didn't say they had no ships, I said they had no navy. I assume they have boats. However, no naval tradition which is what makes, say, ironmen so awesome.

The BS that gets old is the shows writers deciding that razzle dazzle is more important than plot and character.

I guess this is your way of admitting that you have no basis for your claim that Varys sailed anywhere in an implausibly short period of time.  

Just now, Forlong the Fat said:

I guess this is your way of admitting that you have no basis for your claim that Varys sailed anywhere in an implausibly short period of time.  

Varys obviously sailed in an implausibly short period of time. A trip back and forth along with brokering a deal and mobilizing a naval armada taking anywhere less than a year is absurd.

This is my way of saying it bothers me. It's ok if it doesn't bother you.

However, in a show with a script that is essentially a huge shit stain on paper this is the least of the transgressions. I can let the absurd teleporting that goes on pass but only because it is piled in with so much other piss poor writing.

On 27. 6. 2016 at 7:52 PM, El Guapo said:

The filming spoilers should be quite interesting this summer regarding who will be shooting scenes with Emilia.  Lena? Kit? Diana Rigg?

Season 7 is too soon for Emilia and Kit scenes. She will be preoccupied in the South and he will be in the North. It seems Jon/LF and Sansa and Daeny/Cersei and Euron for season 7.

On 6/27/2016 at 1:35 PM, farm_ecology said:

Keep in mind Jaime went from the Twins to KL, so some time has passed.

How much, though?  He arrived back at KL, to find the sept smoldering.  Keep in mind, BEFORE "Jaime finding the smoldering sept scene", the Queen of Thorns was in Dorne, meeting with the Dornish planning retribution on Cersei and Varys.

So did the sept smolder for months or did the QoT travel superfast and meet an equally speedy Varys who sails to "The Bay of Dragons"  to make the voyage back to Westeros?  Why put Varys there at all?  Just to have that closing shot....sigh.

It's damn sloppy either way.  The sequence should be written/directed/edited better so that these questions aren't even asked.  I'm not hunting for these inconsistencies, they jump out at me!

Why not have Cersei blow up the Sept in ep 7 or 8, have the BoB in episode 9, and the fallout of the Cersei's wildfire handled in episode 10?  It would make for much less torturous logic to justify sloppy timeline nonsense and more time just watching and enjoying the scenes.  You know the answer to this just as well as I do.  L-A-Z-Y.

It's difficult not to question the timelines when arbitrary big battle in episode 9 damns all other planning and pacing.

On 6/27/2016 at 0:34 PM, Forlong the Fat said:

This BS gets a bit old.  What day did Varys leave for Dorne?  What day did he arrive?  

What day did he arrive back in Meereen, and when did they leave again?

We could have a show with a bunch of conversations about these things.  It would be terribly boring.  

And, while it is true that Nymeria burned its ships, and does not have a vast navy, it is absurd to suggest Dorne would have no ships.

This!  The show compresses time so that we DON'T have to watch someone riding a horse or sail a ship for weeks on end.  Plus - time is not entirely linear on the show.  Back to back scenes are not necessarily taking place at the same time.  They only have 10 hours a year to tell a lot of stories, so "travel time" - like dragons and coming back from the dead- is something you have to accept on this kind of TV show.  Plan B is to nitpick and waste an hour of your time each week.  For me, I'm completely willing to accept that Arya left Bravos two months ago in order to see her deliver some Stark justice in the finale, rather than wait until episode 6 next year so "real time" can catch up.

9 minutes ago, Damitol said:

This!  The show compresses time so that we DON'T have to watch someone riding a horse or sail a ship for weeks on end.  Plus - time is not entirely linear on the show.  Back to back scenes are not necessarily taking place at the same time.  They only have 10 hours a year to tell a lot of stories, so "travel time" - like dragons and coming back from the dead- is something you have to accept on this kind of TV show.  Plan B is to nitpick and waste an hour of your time each week.  For me, I'm completely willing to accept that Arya left Bravos two months ago in order to see her deliver some Stark justice in the finale, rather than wait until episode 6 next year so "real time" can catch up.

Exactly. 10 hours a year, and we're supposed to care that we don't see lonely, boring rides on boats or horseback. The time travel is a necessary evil in a story this vast, just gotta deal with it. 

I just realized since the Martell's and Tyrell's fleet's are already sailing with Danys force's, then the war for Targaryen restoration has begun. Cersei and her small council of Jamie and Qyburn(?) should already be mounting whatever defense that can for KL.

I'm gonna bet Cersei not gonna give up the IT while living, and also she not gonna surrender to her brother Tyrion.

On 27.06.2016 at 6:13 PM, Lyin' Ned said:

And the fact that Olenna murdered his nephew and framed him. 

And the fact that Varys almost had Dany poisoned in season one. 

That would make for some awkward war councils, to say the least. 

I did not kill Joffrey, but I wish that I had! Watching your vicious bastard die gave me more relief than a thousand lying whores

There is no love in that Lannister family

Olenna didn't frame him. She had no way of knowing what would happen between Tyrion and Joffrey at that wedding. She only didn't do anything to help Tyrion's case when he was accused and arrested. Understandable, Who would want to implicate themselves and risk an open war? Tyrion would totally understand that too. 

Not like it will ever come out anyway. Olenna would have to tell someone, she has no reason to. Neither has Varys with regard to his stance on Dany's assassinaton.

Dany has accepted a Lannister. She can cast aside her grudge when it's suitable.

Archived