Danny+Greyjoys+Dorne+Tyrells = Overkill?

29 minutes ago, bb1180 said:

Yes,  its overkill,  but I'm almost certain that something is going to happen to throw the whole thing into disarray.   It could be that her fleet runs across that of Euron and there's a sea battle,  where she loses much of her army.  Either that,  and I think more likely,  Dany gets killed while taking King's Landing or shortly afterward,  and without her,  the dragons and dothraki start rampaging through the south. 

As has been said,  this story almost certainly doesn't have a happy ending.  Right now,  it looks like Dany could mop the floor with Cersei and follow up with a quick beatdown of the WWs,  too.  I'm pretty sure that its not actually going to play out that way. 

It certainly looks like. Everybody thinks that everything was coming up Dany this season, so the feeling is that Dany is overdue for reality check, some good treachery action and a big defeat. 

I am thinking there will be 

1) Killing, bad wounding, even stealing of at least one dragon, since I doubt all 3 will survive till the final battle. Thats a wake-up call for her unstoppable dragon action this season. Probably Euron/Cersei forces would use some foul magic/poison/ballista to achieve it. 

I am also feeling that somewhere around Jon & Bran meeting and subsequent reveal, Ghost might die and one of Dany's dragons will just 

2) Big defeat - either by Euron at sea or near landing, or by Lannister and co. forces as Dothraki and Unsullied screw up in winter conditions

3) Some kind of treachery or most likely discontent and bickering among her allies. Not sure about Tyrion finding out about QoT and Purple Wedding since only her and LF knew about it, and I am thinking LF will be hanging around either with Starks at WF or Lannisters at KL. Plus, I don't think Tyrion would be upset much about Joffrey's death since he didn't care about the jerk and wanted to kill him as much as any. Its Myrcella's death that would hit hard, if he ever finds out since he was the one who sent her there.

I'm not so sure anything will stop her.  It's lining up to mirror Aegon's original conquest which lasted all of 3 battles and less than 10k men died combined on both sides.  The North and Vale knelt without losing a single fighter.

I think the bad part for Dany might be the aftermath.  Cercei's revenge, finding out about the WW threat after finally getting her throne, etc.  In typical Dany fashion, conquering is easy, ruling is hard.

Spoiler

Knowing D&D they will prop up Euron to be ridiculously powerful and evil to challenge Dany in order to top their old favorite Ramsay. Not to speak about Darth Cersei. She has a new Evil Queen wardrobe. She shouldn't go out like a wimp. So she will become more powerful and more evul so that they  could have a massive episode 9 (or is it episode 6?) battle. Dany's army could shrink as much as they like it like how Stannis army did. So don't worry people. Dany's Army will not be an overkill. I have faith in D&D.

On 27/06/2016 at 5:50 PM, King Louis II (KLII) said:

According to the Books the North is the most populous and Dorne is the Least of Westeros. It is written. And it is known... :P

Perhaps in the Show it isn't

The reach is the most populous (breadbasket of westeros) and has an army of around 100k in the books IIRC. The North is huge but is sparsely populated, it should have a massive army but Martin screwed up and has admitted it himself.

Archived