So what happened to the Tully forces?

KG2015

If i recall correctly, at the twins celebration. Walder frey says something along the lines of "Edmure is back in a cell" so it seems he is a Frey prisoner again.

So this guy basically got the blackfish killed, Gave up river run, and for nothing because he still doesnt gave his freedom. Whatever promise Jaime made with Edmure to convince him to give up riverrun, he must of went back on it.

So what happened to all Tully forces who laid down their arms? did they get the red wedding treatment and get massacre'd by the Freys after being taken captive or what? Are the Tullys an extinct house now? 

I hope Jaime is unaware of his capture and the fate of his men, however, I think Jaime would have an interest in what happens to him. In my opinion he was recaptured but his men were allowed to go... Ready for Sansa to pick up the reigns in the Riverlands

I would hope that they go North to join up with the King of the North. If not i can see them joining the brotherhood. From the dialogue between the hound and Lord Beric Dondarrion it seems as though they plan on going North as well. Either way i would like to think there will be a meeting between the groups. 

Jaime promised him that he would still be in a cell, but it would be a cell for nobility, not the one for POWs like the one he was kept in by the Freys. He was also told that he would have this cell in Casterly Rock, and that Jaime would make sure his family was treated like nobility and that his son would be raised as a noble according to their customs. So when Walder says "Edmure is back in a cell" there really isn't a reason to think that the Freys took him back and put him into one of their cells. I think that Jaime would have prohibited it because he hasnt gone back on any promises, including the vow to not harm Tullys. He gave the Blackfish a way out and it was Blackfish who chose a violent death.

19 hours ago, KG2015 said:

So this guy basically got the blackfish killed, Gave up river run, and for nothing because he still doesnt gave his freedom. Whatever promise Jaime made with Edmure to convince him to give up riverrun, he must of went back on it.

You saw the promise.  He promised to catapult his son against the walls of Riverrun if he didn't yield the castle.  He yielded the castle, so his son didn't get flung.  So he kept his promise.

1 minute ago, Bazil said:

You saw the promise.  He promised to catapult his son against the walls of Riverrun if he didn't yield the castle.  He yielded the castle, so his son didn't get flung.  So he kept his promise.

That's a good point. I guess it's hard to know if "show Jaime" would've actually done this, but I don't think he would have. I think he was bluffing with Edmure. Edmure pissed him off with words so rather than strike him breaking his vows with Cat by physically harming a Tully, he hurt him with words by making that threat. There was no way to know that the Blackfish would've surrendered after Edmure went back inside Riverrun, and if the Tully forces saw Jaime do that, they probably would've all fought to their deaths and dragged the siege out as long as they could which is exactly what Jaime was trying to avoid.

We watched the forces of the Lannisters and Freys marching in Riverrun, and the surrender of arms of the Tully forces, there was no indication that they were being ambushed or circled for concentration and extinction, however we are not sure. It is my impression that there was no massacre.

2 hours ago, sharding85 said:

I'm wondering if he is back with the Freys whether Ayra will free him. He hasn't been the greatest of characters in either the book or the show. 

I would *think* that Arya would want to rescue her Uncle, but that would just be common sense talking.

In reality, the show will probably never mention Edmure again and we'll never learn what happens to him.

16 hours ago, SevasTra82 said:

I would *think* that Arya would want to rescue her Uncle, but that would just be common sense talking.

In reality, the show will probably never mention Edmure again and we'll never learn what happens to him.

I'd tend to agree with you here. There seems to be characters that vanish and are never seen again. 

46 minutes ago, sharding85 said:

I'd tend to agree with you here. There seems to be characters that vanish and are never seen again. 

But Riverlands will not disappear in the map. Either Jon or Dany or Cersei will think of this land sooner or later in the upcoming war. I assume they will mention Tully force or the remnants of the Frey again.

But Riverlands will not disappear in the map. Either Jon or Dany or Cersei will think of this land sooner or later in the upcoming war. I assume they will mention Tully force or the remnants of the Frey again.

You'd think the Frey's will side with Cersi and the Tully's with Sansa and Jon. I can't see them following Edmure though. giving the Frey's the castle may be a step to far for them. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2016 at 7:31 AM, CalvoHobbo said:

Jaime promised him that he would still be in a cell, but it would be a cell for nobility, not the one for POWs like the one he was kept in by the Freys. He was also told that he would have this cell in Casterly Rock, and that Jaime would make sure his family was treated like nobility and that his son would be raised as a noble according to their customs. So when Walder says "Edmure is back in a cell" there really isn't a reason to think that the Freys took him back and put him into one of their cells. I think that Jaime would have prohibited it because he hasnt gone back on any promises, including the vow to not harm Tullys. He gave the Blackfish a way out and it was Blackfish who chose a violent death.

Walder specifically says that Edmure is Back in His cell, and that he is keeping him alive because it wouldn't be right for him to kill his own son-in-law. For me those expressions: "back in his cell" implies that Edmure is back in his original dingy cell, not in a way nicer room for noble prisoners at Casterly Rock. Otherwise, Freys would be talking about "sent off to Casterly rock" or something. And the point that Walder makes that he decided to keep Edmure alive, means that Jaime gave Edmure back to Freys. Since Freys don't have ability to order Jaime to kill Edmure in Casterly Rock and Walder talks about having power of life and death over Edmure means Edmure is in his power not Jaime's.

On 6/29/2016 at 4:46 AM, sharding85 said:

You'd think the Frey's will side with Cersi and the Tully's with Sansa and Jon. I can't see them following Edmure though. giving the Frey's the castle may be a step to far for them. 

The Frey's will prob'ly side with Cersei, but as we've been told and shown from the beginning, they suck as allies. The only thing the Frey's provide is passage over the river, they have virtually no other function. And since Cersei won't be having forces cross the Trident any time soon, she really has no practical use for the Freys.

38 minutes ago, Rory Snow said:

The Frey's will prob'ly side with Cersei, but as we've been told and shown from the beginning, they suck as allies. The only thing the Frey's provide is passage over the river, they have virtually no other function. And since Cersei won't be having forces cross the Trident any time soon, she really has no practical use for the Freys.

I would agree with you now. It's another 'dead' family in Westeros.

Archived