Lyanna casting appreciation

Honestly, the casting for Lyanna in this episode was amazeballs. Not only does she resemble Kit a lot but Arya looking like her auntie is totally show canon as well! After the casting of Robert Aramayo as Ned, I wasn't really expecting a bad cast but WOW

http://image.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Screen-Shot-2016-01-14-at-15.04.55.jpg

Lyanna was very pretty with a loving, feisty personality and skills. She doesn't need to be drop dead gorgeous for Rhaegar to fall madly in love with her. It's chemistry. IMO the actress was well cast, and I wish she didn't have such a bit part. Overall satisfying ToJ payoff at last, WooHoo!

14 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

Hmm..

Arya was never described as beautiful...

But Oh! Lyanna was suposed to be soo beautiful..

Nope. Not for me.

MY OPINION,.. just...just dont bother.

Arya is meant to look like Lyanna but it doesn't mean Arya has to be as beautiful as Lyanna was. The same way family members can share certain features but with slight differences which could make them more or less aesthetically pleasing, depending on the beholder really. 

26 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

Hmm..

Nope. Not for me.

Lyanna was supposed to be beautiful to Robert. Read WOIAF, she's called boyish. And of course the Lannisters thought she paled in comparison to Cersei. We have no evidence Rhaegar saw her as anything but a prophecy piece.

Arya has been described as pretty multiple times across the books. Ned, Jon, the men at the Peach, the Kindly Man.

6 minutes ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Lyanna was supposed to be beautiful to Robert. Read WOIAF, she's called boyish. And of course the Lannisters thought she paled in comparison to Cersei. We have no evidence Rhaegar saw has as anything but a prophecy piece.

Arya has been described as pretty multiple times across the books. Ned, Jon, the men at the Peach, the Kindly Man.

Hmm..maybe, from a show only POV, Arya was not beautiful..

But yes. i love that idea that Rhaegar saw her only as a prophecy piece. That seems quite interesting.

1 minute ago, robasp2 said:

But yes. i love that idea that Rhaegar saw her only as a prophecy piece. That seems quite interesting.

I think the idea is that the Stark girls flower into wild Northern beauties. That kind of beauty is perhaps less appreciated in the court where they love a Cersei or a Sansa. They aren't the ladies of songs. Theon thinks Arya is ugly as he remembers her at 9. At 12 she's being called beautiful by Lady Smallwood. A pretty child can age badly, an awkward child can blossom. But all that said I don't think Lyanna was ever meant to be a Helen of Troy. At best 2 men loved her, they just happened to be the worst possible men for the kingdom to start a fight. At worst one man loved her and one man used her. Which is an idea I love. She may have ran off with him but it wasn't a great love affair. That has the tone of the series.

10 minutes ago, xjlxking said:

She had a hint of different shade of eyes as she was described in the books

1/10 botched casting. DnD yet again ruin everything. 

That's because Kit Harrington has brown eyes, they need to show a likeness.

6 minutes ago, robasp2 said:

Arya has been described as pretty multiple times, in book. When we meet her, she's a gawky child in Sansa's shadow, then she's mistaken for a boy once she has her hair cut- but then gradually (puberty hits just before she gets to Braavos) she's finally seen by strangers as a girl, is prepositioned by men and is even given the choice to become a courtesan and 'have songs sung of her beauty' by the Kindly Man if she isn't up to being faceless.

She looked like Daenerys to me. I even thought for a second they would go with Daenerys was born at TOJ theory.

I was disappointed she didn't look beautifull. Not trying to be mean but her beauty is supposed to be legendary.  

- but I understand they went for the Maisie look-alike and Maisie doesn't look anything like book Arya or book type Stark.

The whole scene to me seemed lousy and underwhelming so... bummer.

6 hours ago, robasp2 said:

Hmm..

Nope. Not for me.

I don't think she was supposed to be, at least not according to our XXI century standards .. in S1 we already saw her statue in the crypt and we could already tell she wasn't partivularly beautiful - not according to our hollywood standards . I think the statue even somehow resembles the actress actually.

6 hours ago, AryaNymeriaVisenya said:

Lyanna was supposed to be beautiful to Robert. Read WOIAF, she's called boyish. And of course the Lannisters thought she paled in comparison to Cersei. We have no evidence Rhaegar saw her as anything but a prophecy piece.

What? So being boyish means you're that not attractive? lol

To Robert and to everyone else in the north. It's not Robert that spread that around. People actually saw Lyanna and said she had a wild beauty, she was very much attractive it seems. Cersei on the other hand was drop dead gorgeous. 

I loved the way she looked. She looked like she was related to these people. She looked a little bit like that young Ned. She looked like she could be related to Benjen (whos got the most Starkish features out of the lot). Most importantly, she resembles Arya and Jon. You can see the brows being similar. Its really lovely. Not only that, she looks like shes a teenager during the flashbacks. Like she should. Her delivery of 'promise me, Ned" was good shit.

7 hours ago, robasp2 said:

Hmm..

Nope. Not for me.

I'll just note here that few women are going to look their best when they're lying in a pool of blood on their deathbeds.

The actress who plays her is stunning. Drop dead gorgeous, and looks just like Lyanna (as I imagine her, at least). https://www.google.com/search?safe=off&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=aisling+franciosi&oq=Aisling+Francios&gs_l=img.3.0.0l4j0i30l3j0i24l3.19.4083.0.5456.12.9.0.1.1.0.1091.1837.6-1j1.2.0....0...1c.1.64.img..9.2.751.XruCrIHP4BI

That accent, on the other hand? I'd struggle to find a woman with that accent attractive, but the books never mentioned what she sounded like :)

I thought the casting was perfect. She looks like Kit, she looks like Maisie, she did a great job as Lyanna, and she's very pretty.

For the record, Lyanna is supposed to be beautiful ("everyone says so"), but she wasn't the prettiest at the Harrenhal tourney ("there were others who were fairer still," Kevan doesn't think Lyanna held a candle to Cersei at the time, etc.). Aisling Franciosi, for my money, is sufficiently beautiful to play Lyanna. Aren't fans always complaining that Emilia Clarke, Lena Headey, Sophie Turner, etc. supposedly aren't pretty enough to play their canonically beautiful characters?

Archived