Tyrion to the rescue, with his words

amyzing1

There were a LOT of great phrases and speeches tonight - Lady Olenna, Lady Mormont, Arya, even Varys' "Fire & blood". Davos' heart wrenching assault at Melissandra. Hell, I'll even throw in Jamie's snarks at Walder Frey. But Tyrion's exchange with Dany was the best for me. His was so heartfelt about belief, trust and loyalty. And how he just isn't the Tyrion we first grew to love 6 seasons ago, but we love him even more now. Very powerful and understated and I didn't want it to go unrecognized. It also laid the groundwork for her confidence to take on the world with her allegiances from so many other parts of the world, without his Lannister influence. And that is saying something.  

I didn't particularly like the dialogue in itself (except for the part of not believing because of what belief do to people), I found it a bit cheesy, but Peter Dinklage literally rocked the scene, his face after she pins the hand on him makes the scene wortwhile alone. It was emotional, really. I'm glad he got the validation his father always denied him.

Archived