What are your S7 predictions?

Lautrec

I too think Euron will trim Dany's army. For the shows sake, he has to. As how could the show not justify Dany steamrolling Westeros when she has Dragons, the unsullied, the dothraki, the Tyrell & Dorne armies against simply the Lannister's. 

17 minutes ago, permaximum said:

If they're to survive till the end, there has to be a logical narrative that accompany it. Not some false sense of danger and plot holes each episode that viewers don't even blink at the thought of they're dying.

I didn't talk about the pain they endured throughout the series. It's just the fact that it will never kill them until the story is over. I thought GOT was different because it didn't follow the cliche cheesiness when it comes to the leading good characters. Otherwise we've seen dragons and zombies before in other shows. But we haven't seen things like Ned, Robb, Catelyn and even Oberyn's emotional and shocking deaths.

Agree on plot holes thing, but I really don't want to watch show who will kill characters, that are in focus for six years, only for suspense, it's stupid.

1 hour ago, Cragen said:

Agree on plot holes thing, but I really don't want to watch show who will kill characters, that are in focus for six years, only for suspense, it's stupid.

Not for suspense. If the situation they're in favors their enemies, then they have to die. If the writers don't want them to die, they shouldn't have been put in that situation in the first place. And GOT is a very unforgiving World. Even the mighty Tywin died while he was sh*tting.

1 minute ago, permaximum said:

Not for suspense. If the situation they're in the story favors their enemies they have to die. If the writers don't want them to die, they shouldn't have been put in that situation in the first place. And GOT is a very unforgiving World. Even the mighty Tywin died while he was sh*tting.

Again I agree. Example is Jon against Ramsey, they could give Jon biggest army and he have him beat Ramsey easily. I would like to see that it's more logical, but television don't work that way, people don't want to see easy victory, they want to see heroes win against odds.

1 hour ago, Cragen said:

Again I agree. Example is Jon against Ramsey, they could give Jon biggest army and he have him beat Ramsey easily. I would like to see that it's more logical, but television don't work that way, people don't want to see easy victory, they want to see heroes win against odds.

You can do that without writing scenes like Arya's. I have no problem with Jon's survival in the last battle because some people survive war by chance and Jon was lucky although I couldn't count the times he was lucky in every situation. However you can't make a character like Jon that stupid in the battle and risk everyone's lives and then to be crowned King in the North by the same people. You can't make Davos suddenly care for Jon's corpse without any reason (aside from the fact that he is a main character) only to be followed by the fact that Jon doesn't lift a finger for his brother although Jon had a history with resurrection and Mel was nearby.

There are many logical ways to overcome bigger odds without seriously risking the lives of main characters (we've seen this in the early seasons) and sometimes no matter what you do you should be doomed.

In short, I don't want to watch their scenes with a thought that death is not a reality for them. Especially if they are in such situations that death should be imminent.

On ‎29‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 8:51 AM, mafro987daboss said:

I'm referring to the endgame. Oh no Tommen died. While being 'bad' for Jon and Sansa, how on earth has that affected them in terms of providing something negative for their character arcs? Tommen's death had no significance for either of them in the finale- in fact it paved the way for either of them to become king/queen of the north.

Oh no Sansa was raped. I'm not getting into that whole discussion but again it did not significantly affect the plot- Ramsey was always going to be killed by one of our 'heroes'. 

Obviously bad things have happened to Dany (e.g. the pit attack) but never has it truly altered her plane-sailing story.

We need something truly momentous to happen. Dany losing a dragon (revealing them not to be invincible) for example would count.

We already know that the dragons are not Invincible. Drogon could have died if Dany didn't get him out of the arena.

That being said, the bigger these dragons get the harder it will be to stop them. Each season they get more powerful and it will take something equally as formidable to stop them. I wonder if the writers are setting us up for a major shock with a winter dragon.

I read somewhere that GRRM said no to the theory but how else do you explain Hardhome? Dany's dragons blow fire so it is equally as possible that the winter Dragons blow the big freeze. Plus I don't believe everything that the Writers and GRRM say because I think they like playing mind games with everyone. If they confirm every theory people wouldn't watch.

After Sam finds the one book he needs, Euron will burn down the Oldtown library and the city. Sam will be the book bearer and also take Heartsbane to Jon, and will escape saving Gilly and the baby. Sandor will wield Heartsbane against the others. 

The Riverlords rise up against House Frey after hearing the grisly details of Walder's death. The credit will go to the Starks, namely Jon, basically cementing his already badass reputation, even though he had nothing to do with it. The Riverlords will declare for House Stark giving Jon, geographically speaking at least, control of over half of Westeros. By the time Dany and Tyrion hear about this Jon will basically be a legend, beloved by the smallfolk, because seriously why wouldn't they cheer one of their own (even though he obviously isn't) making good in the world? A bastard becoming King will be the sort of thing that gives the smallfolk hope. Tyrion will see the value in this. They may not love Dany, but if she marries Jon.....

On June 28, 2016 at 10:55 PM, Zombies That Were Promised said:

Um, what is this? Who is FakeJon?

FakeJon is Rhaegar and Lyanna’s son, the recently proclaimed King in the North.  

We don’t know FakeJon’s real name, but it’s probably something like Aemon Targaryen. 

16 hours ago, Drago said:

We already know that the dragons are not Invincible. Drogon could have died if Dany didn't get him out of the arena.

That being said, the bigger these dragons get the harder it will be to stop them. Each season they get more powerful and it will take something equally as formidable to stop them. I wonder if the writers are setting us up for a major shock with a winter dragon.

Balerion the Black Dread was large enough to swallow a mammoth in a single gulp.

Drogon has quite a ways to go yet.

6 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Balerion the Black Dread was large enough to swallow a mammoth in a single gulp.

Drogon has quite a ways to go yet.

So whats your point? Read the previous comment which i replied too. I am saying dragons are not invincible. Are you agreeing or disagreeing?

Euron will attack Dany as she crosses the Narrow Sea, probably using some sort of dragonbinder horn on her dragons.

LF will try to betray Jon like he did Ned, Sansa will stop him somehow.

Cersei will use Wildfire on KL again, blowing the roof off the Red Keep so that it looks like it did in Dany's HOTU vision. 

Dany and Jon will marry.  This might actually be a S8 event, not sure.  But it will happen eventually imo.

Those are the only things I feel quite confident will happen in the final 2 seasons.  I'd also like to believe Cersei and Euron will be a thing, but I am more unsure about that one.  

There will be an alliance, probably a marriage, between Cersei and Euron Greyjoy, elsewise it would be too easy for Daenerys. With the GoT teleportation device, she would be sitting on the Iron Throne in S7E1. A naval battle takes place between the Euron's and Dany's ships, but Euron is in the Red Keep during it. When he realizes that they have no chance to win, he strangles Cersei (fulfilling the valonquar prophecy, as he is younger brother to Balon Greyjoy) to try to get Daenerys to spare his life. She feeds him to her dragons.

The North is preparing for the battle against the Other, maybe Daenerys visits them by flying north on Drogon, but nothing of much importance happens. Brienne and Pod are also there.

The Brotherhood without Banners, Melisandre and Arya all cross paths and head north (Melisandre thinks she will be pardoned by Jon for bringing him his little sister).

Sam learnes something of importance, maybe how to forge Valyrian steel (and he took Heartsbane with him for experiments and whatnot).

Meera dies and it takes Bran a long time to get to the Wall as he is crawling.

Final shot of the season: the Wall comes crashing down.

Sansa made a pact with the devil (Baelish) to beat the Boltons so I can see her make another deal with Baelish to retake her right on winterfell from the usurper Jon Snow and teach a lesson to the traitors Lyanna mormont and Wyman Manderly, starks don't usurp rights, Jon Snow is not a stark, he's a coward stealing some kid's rights, I cheered for Stannis in his war against usurpers, I'm cheering Daenerys in her war against usurpers and I will certainly cheer for Sansa in her war against Jon Snow and the northern lords 

I can see her winning and she will banish Jon from Winterfell

I'm still holding onto the crackpot idea I had that Dany will wind up re-routed north due to the iron fleet and she'll land at east watch by the sea.  I think her presence at the wall in the house of the undying foreshadowed this.  If the show runners want to be bold they could also throw in the twist that the dragons actually don't do well in freezing temperatures.  

My theories:

1. Sansa with Littlefinger will try to depose King Jon. But they will fail the attempt. Littlefinger will die.

2. Arya will meet Melisandre.

3. Dany will fight for King's Landing against Cersei.

4. Bran will see new visions about past and maybe future.

5. Jon and Dany will meet. Maybe there will be romance or marriage.

- While I would love a Cersei x Euron alliance, I don't think Queen Cersei would enjoy sharing her power with any man. So if there is an alliance between these two (which is the only likely alliance for Cersei so far, considering all of the other houses are her enemies), I think it won't be marriage based but rather out of common interest. Plus Euron wants the Iron Throne as well and I don't think Cersei is ready to share/leave it to anyone, she'll hold it until the bitter end. And I don't think Euron would respect a woman enough to be her ally or to share the rule with her without planning to end her asap. 

- So I think Euron is indeed going to challenge Daenerys' fleet upon their arrival in Westeros, he might even ambush her close to Oldtown as some has suggested, therefore not being completely off course of his books arc. I would actually love show Euron to secretly possess a dragon horn: Dany would arrive in Westeros assured to take the throne easily and to have her 3 dragons' support, but it would be interesting if she lost at least one of them to Euron before ending him and his fleet. 

- I think Cersei will indeed march on King's Landing pretty early in the season, possibly taking the strongholds as she advances (much like Aegon does in the books, she could take 

Spoiler

Storm's End and Dragonstone

while she's at it. I'm not convinced we won't be seeing Edmure anymore, I think Daenerys might ask for his support and, as he is a bit of a pussy, he will not refuse her. 

- In King's Landing: Queen Cersei will be ruling for a very short time with no friends, no allies around her besides Qyburn. She will hold the throne until she is killed on it and/or die with her burning city. 

- Jaime will likely try to reason with Cersei to understand what happened and upon understanding the matter, I can see him trying to negotiate the terms of the Lannister surrender with Tyrion and Daenerys. But despite Jaime's attempt at negotiating a peaceful arrangement, Cersei will refuse to surrender the throne and might attempt to burn the whole city. Jaime will kill her and possibly still die with her.

- Tyrion will be reunited with Jaime and will have the opportunity to negotiate Cersei's surrender. Jaime will try to convince him to let them go peacefully with the guarantee he'll be leading the Lannister's army to war besides Daenerys. Tyrion will negotiate an alliance with the North and will actually vouch for Jon and Sansa as Dany's allies and not enemies. (I like to think Tyrion will be the peacemaker).

- Alternative for Cersei: I would like her to refuse to surrender the Red Keep and for Daenerys to command her dragons to burn the throne room wihile Cersei is still sitting on the throne and is in complete denial of her defeat (but it's a personal fantasy and it likely won't happen :))

- I'm still unsure of Littlefinger's loyalty. Although he apparently declared for the Starks, he did mention to Cersei he might let Stannis fight the Boltons to let them kill each other and appear at the end of the fight like a hero with the knights of the Vale. So he might still be going on with that plan, with Jon's army instead of Stannis's. So my bet is on: Littlefinger toying with Cersei a little bit and possibly trying to sell a Stark x Iron Throne alliance before finding out Daenerys is coming with her army. Then he'll try to push a Stark x Targaryen alliance, so all of the westerosi armies will unite to fight the Others and we will see Littlefinger usurp the Iron Throne in the broken throne room, while everybody else is warring North to try to stop the WW and wights. And he will be king of the ashes while nobody actually cares about KL, about the throne, and about claims to the throne. So we will be able to witness Littlefinger in all of his glory: sitting on a now meaningless throne and overwhelmed by the events that are taking place. Because Littlefinger isn't a warrior, he's a politician. And he'll be overtaken by the events taking place and will keep fighting for the meaningless throne until he actually holds it but it means nothing. The world as he knows it will crumble and he will become meaningless as well. 

- Sansa might be seduced by LF's ambitions and consider plotting with him for a while, before actually noticing LF is most probably still trying to manipulate her. I hope she will eventually have to choose between trusting LF and trusting Jon and she'll trust Jon over LF and she'll realize Baelish is just a miserable man who thrives in chaos and politics but who isn't worth shit when bad stuff actually come knocking at the door. I hope Sansa will want to hold the Dreadfort, will change the place's name and will start her own branch of House Stark. House Stark of Lemon Cake Hall (please let this happen). 

- Bran will go through the Wall and allow for the WW and wights and all dead creatures to take the Wall down. He'll take refuge at Winterfell and tell Jon about his parentage about the prophecy that makes him the promised prince. I'm hoping for a lengthy Lyanna x Rhaegar flashback and I think we will have that. The Directors have been withholding informations about Rhaegar for too long, so it's about time they start explaining that story.

- Arya will likely meet up with the BWB and reunite with Sandor Clegane. She will make her way to KL just on time for Cersei's death (mirroring her last scene in KL where she witnesses the death of her father). Then she will be North bound upon hearing Jon and Sansa took Winterfell back and she'll be north bound to join the fight against the WW. 

- Jon and Daenerys will unite and possible arrange a power marriage (the show has been a bit too obvious on that matter, imo so even if I think it'd be cheesy, I'm kind of expecting it to happen). And they will unite against the Others and the wights to save the day. 

- Theon and Yara: I'm expecting them to join the fight against the WW and I'm expecting Theon to do something for the Starks before he definitely dies in s06, to redeem himself once again.

- I don't know what'll happen to minor characters like Missandei, Greyworm etc but I'm assuming a healthy amount of them will die during the WW invasion ;) 

14 minutes ago, Mayura said:

- Sansa might be seduced by LF's ambitions and consider plotting with him for a while, before actually noticing LF is most probably still trying to manipulate her. I hope she will eventually have to choose between trusting LF and trusting Jon and she'll trust Jon over LF and she'll realize Baelish is just a miserable man who thrives in chaos and politics but who isn't worth shit when bad stuff actually come knocking at the door. I hope Sansa will want to hold the Dreadfort, will change the place's name and will start her own branch of House Stark. House Stark of Lemon Cake Hall (please let this happen).

he tried de seduce her in the godswoods scene and he failed, she refused his offer to be with him on the iron throne, and she already said to Jon in the winterfell scene that's only fools trust LF

Dany and  her ships get attacked by Euron, most of the dothraki die, and eur on steals a dragon or two (maybe even Tyrion)...then offers them to cersei to become her king. 

Dany flees north to winterfell, without Tyrion this could become very in diplomatic. A one on one battle ensues between Jon and Grey Worm. (Similar to Jons proposal to Ramsey and Daario fighting for Dany before ). Jon kills Grey Worm, and right when he tells Dany to kick rocks, Bran strolls in and says they need her.

Dany and Jon begin to hit it off. 

Jorah returns healed. Possibly from the help of Mel

Tyrion escapes Kl riding a dragon

That's all I have right now

When I try to predict Martin's plots, I look to historical precedents, since he has been always fond of adapting and mixing exciting events from history. I know the show is not the same as the books, but I think that the showrunners like Martin's ideas as much as we do and they might have more insight into his secrets than we.

1. Kublai Khan's Chinese-Mongol invasion of Japan, the Spanish Armada and (in western mediaeval history) the Byzantine naval expedition of 468 against the Vandals. All dramatic failures, leading me to expect Daenerys's fleet to suffer attrition from a vicious sea battle with the combined fleets of Euron and Cersei, followed by a huge storm blown from the wintry north. Daenerys and a few survivors will wash up in Dorne. (Perhaps the dragons will become temporarily sickened by the unnatural cold from the north? Or the dragon-binding horn will make an appearance from the books?)

Archived