What are your S7 predictions?

Lautrec

I enjoy the Youtube video series "Game of Thrones Academy" which makes connexions between the books, television show and histiry. Gil and Itamar have a theory about Sansa as Queen Elizabeth I, the Virgin Queen, bringing peace, unity and harmony after a century of upheaval. I think however that the television show will simplify things and make Daenerys the Queen.

15 hours ago, Lord Freypie said:

Rhaegar harp will be found in the crypts when they bury Rickon revealing his parentage to Jon.

That makes no sense to me at all.  So they find a harp, big deal. 

Kindly explain how finding Rhaegar’s harp down there would “prove” that Rhaegar and Lyanna are Jon’s parents?

They're following fairly conventional value change in the story arcs now.  In season 5, Jon, Dany and Cersei were either dead, humiliated or captive. They finished season 6 in positions of power. So expect major reversals for the three in season 7.

Dan will face some major loss or set back. The loss will be in her army--the three dragons have plot armor because of the White Walkers.

Cersei will get killed. In the next siege of KL, Cersei will burn down KL and either dies in the process or gets killed by Jamie. KL is desroyed, as seen in Dany's vision.

Jon won't be "King in the North" for long. Littlefinger will plot against him. Jon gets ousted and flees Winterfell knowing the Walkers are coming. Littlefinger takes Winterfell, only to be killed as the Walkers breach the Wall and attack Winterfell.

1 hour ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

Kindly explain how finding Rhaegar’s harp down there would “prove” that Rhaegar and Lyanna are Jon’s parents?

It'd be enough to raise suspicion for those who know what it is. But as far as proof goes, what if she's wrapped in a Targaryen wedding cloak. Like the Lion cloak Tyrion wrapped around Sansa. 

14 minutes ago, Wyman Manderly's Meat Pies said:

It'd be enough to raise suspicion for those who know what it is. But as far as proof goes, what if she's wrapped in a Targaryen wedding cloak. Like the Lion cloak Tyrion wrapped around Sansa. 

Where does Jon comes into this now?

- Jon starts to consolidate the North in preparation for the War of the Dawn

- Some tension between him and Sansa that is eventually settled

- Littlefinger ultimately gets killed

- Cersei teams up with Euron to fight Dany

- A good chunk of Dany's fleet (and possibly one dragon) gets destroyed but she ultimately kills Euron

- Cersei tries to burn down King's Landing like Aerys before Dany gets there but Jaime kills her

- Arya kills a bunch of people

- Sam discovers something important about the Others

- Jon and Daenerys agree on a marriage to unite the Kingdom to be fully ready for the War with the Others

On 7/2/2016 at 11:24 PM, WolfQueenArya said:

3. Arya will be a major character again.

Arya was a major character this season. She had an entire plot line to herself. She had the fifth most spoken lines, only one behind Sansa. She was also in 8 of 10 episodes same as all the other major characters. Her main problem is that she didn't interact with any other major characters. I expect that to change next season. 

26 minutes ago, Winter's Cold said:

Arya was a major character this season. She had an entire plot line to herself. She had the fifth most spoken lines, only one behind Sansa. She was also in 8 of 10 episodes same as all the other major characters. Her main problem is that she didn't interact with any other major characters. I expect that to change next season. 

Fifth place does not a main character make.

1 hour ago, Winter's Cold said:

Yup, paying for an entire set for just one character who apparently "does not a main character make." lol This Mess. 

Yup, next season she'll get to interact with the Hound again hopefully, along with the BwB and most definitely Mel. Perhaps the BwB will pledge to the Stark banner upon their arrival to Winterfell? 

I dunno, I get this feeling Arya will arrive to Winterfell injured from an attack and she wakes up at home again with her family. Both the Hound & Arya have incriminating testimony about LF. Either one of them could kill him. Before or after he has already caused his brand of chaos? 

Beyond that, her story is completely off-book and there is no way to really guess what she does next. A bit of a mystery.

I'll copy-and-paste and expand upon on a post I made on Reddit for this. 

Starting from the predictions I'm the most certain about, to the least:

• Dany: Dany will start the season in Volantis, have a climactic naval battle with Euron over the Narrow Sea and end the season in King's Landing - where, after she learns about the White Walkers from Sam, she will refuse the Iron Throne. Maybe she'll visit Dragonstone. By the end of the season, she will have Sam and Arya (see below) in her camp in addition to the people she has now. She will be probably down Varys (see below).

Dany is at her strongest now, which means that she will be taken down a peg in the next season. This is perfect timing - right before her entry into the larger narrative.

Luckily, the books (and Martin in interviews) have pretty much spoiled what will happen. Euron will use a dragonbinding McGuffin to take away control of Dany's dragons, hitting Dany where it hurts the most - all the time, the one thing she could always count on was the loyalty of the dragons, her children. To see them turned against her...

Euron doesn't have the dragonbinding McGuffin in the show, but I will argue that he simply doesn't have it yet. That's because the show, unlike the books, did not want to spoil itself two seasons ahead. He will acquire it next season, probably in a raid on Oldtown.

Why Oldtown? Why, because it will put Sam, who is currently in Oldtown, back in play, and provide both a foil to Euron and stakes in the conflict with Dany. Also, we know from the books (it's heavily hinted in the subtext, if not the text) that the Maesters don't really like dragons and magic, and have, in fact, been behind the downfall of the Targaryen dragons - so it makes sense for them to have an antidragon weapon as well. This will be a classic case of how the show merges plots.

In summary... Dance of Dragons 2.0, baby!

• Jon: We know that Rhaegar and Lyanna had Jon expressly so that he could fulfil the Azor Ahai prophecy, but the show has barely scratched this. So, expect a season heavy on introversion for Jon. He needs to learn from Bran that his parents were doomsday cultists who literally conceived him as a weapon against the White Walkers. (After all, Bran is supposed to search for a weapon against them in his visions, so what is all this stuff about Jon's birth doing there?) So, expect flashbacks showing Rhaegar from Bran, and then Jon learning about the results.

Also, Jon is the Lightbringer, not Azor Ahai. Rhaegar killed Lyanna when he put a child in her.

• Sansa: meanwhile, Sansa has to deal with some demons of her own - namely, Littlefinger. He represents the appeal of the darker side of her personality. She will sleep with him, but eventually will choose loyalty to the Stark way. In return, she will be rewarded: Jon will rectify his error from the end of Season 6, abdicate as King in the North and make her Queen in his stead, simultaneously granting her the control over her life she desires and freeing himself to pursue his messianic duties.

• Arya: we have no book clues about Arya. But what we do have are the post-E10 Inside the Episode quotes from DnD. They seem to note that, while Arya's revenge on Walder Frey was justified, the manner of it, while awesome, may suggest that Arya is going over to the dark side.

Arya, next season, will be given a choice (probably after Melisandre tells her what happened in Winterfell): she could either go North, to meet Jon and Sansa... or she could go South, to meet Cersei and the Mountain - and, just like Sansa, she will be in a bit of a fall. She will choose to go South. She will meet Sandor Clegane, and he will make the same choice (while the rest of the Brotherhood continues North or is killed off by Arya in her psycho phase).

In King's Landing, Sandor will kill the Mountain, and die in the fight, but Arya's soul will be saved when Jaime kills Cersei. 

• Cersei: She will fight against the Martell-Tyrell alliance, and we'll see some glorious, if ultimately meaningless, battles, among other things in Casterly Rock and Highgarden. She will probably manage to kill a Sand Snake in revenge for Myrcella (I heartily hope Tyrion will kill another, for the same reason, leaving one for the endgame - maybe the one Bronn likes). Arya will want to kill her, and Dany will be descending on King's Landing after she deals with Euron, but, ultimately, Jaime will valonqar her (saving Arya from her last kill) and die in the process. 

Independently, as mentioned above, Sandor Clegane will kill the Mountain. And Qyburn will have a showdown with Varys. We'll see who the little birds are really faithful to.

• Melisandre: Since she survived this season, after her crisis of faith, this means that she has some purpose still to come. She will probably meet Arya, possibly telling her about what happened in Winterfell and that Jon and Sansa are there. If she survives that, she's going to Dany. Jon will have his dude-priest Thoros pretty soon with him, after all. (side note: can't wait for Jon to talk to Beric.) Provided that Arya doesn't kill off the Brotherhood, of course.

• Brienne: No idea! I've always paired her with Jaime for this season, but Jaime has returned to King's Landing and it's unlikely he will be leaving Cersei's side ever again (each time he does, she does something insane). She can either return North, to being Sansa's bodyguard again, or she can go South, after Arya.

• Jorah: won't appear next season. Will only appear when Dany will be dying.

I think that in S7 the writers will finally make Jaime break up with Cersei.

She will probably have an affair with another man, since Lancel is dead-and I don't think that he revealed his affair with Cersei to Jaime, did he?- I think that Cersei will cheat on Jaime with Euron or even Bronn.

Yes, Bronn will be tvKettleblack. 

4 hours ago, Danelle said:

She will probably have an affair with another man, since Lancel is dead-and I don't think that he revealed his affair with Cersei to Jaime, did he?- I think that Cersei will cheat on Jaime with Euron or even Bronn.

(Late for blacklists, and long rant is long, feel free to pass on...)

Well, I only pray that you're right, of course, and all pertinent discussion subsequently validated by prospective developments ahead, that show!Jaime should eventually come out a bit more proactive in context and purpose of advancing old plots into new terriotory, heavy stalling immediately preceding heeded for good measure, if not better to adjust his story relevance quotient back to where it should be in the books. (Pinning all my hopes on the former outcome, because there's no patching up this mess of a character to be reticent about, his importance in the story and stalwart character development gone to waste through the years, and show!Jaime in turn left twisting in the wind. Horse deader than dead at this point, butt a fork in it, it's done.)

There's been a lot of series long buildup towards a couple of big moments ahead, that much I concede, saying here on a loop, there must be at least one significant Tyrion/Jaime reunion in the cards, perhaps, to top it all off, more prolonged interactions to this effect, if season five Jaime spouting off about wanting to “split Tyrion in half” in retaliation for Tywin, were he to have some largely-impromptu run-in with the former in time, is any indication at all. Of oourse, ever since he joined show!Dany's retinue, St. Tyrion would make due haste to praise his brother's soiled name to the holy heavens in Dany's midst, so we can take that to the bank. Also the Dany/Cersei showdown foreshadowed in the finale, and doubtless thus conceived to bring everlasting shame to such a name, presumably a la mixed bag Cheryl and Khaleesi. (Is Cheryl a mother beset with deepest grief over the loss of her youthly offsprings, is she now absolutely free to boast of a wrath worse than that of hell itself? Could very well be, poor woman has been jilted at every turn for eons before, though not by Larry, bless his loyal heast, so she might as well have UnGregor carve her a bloody path through the streets of KL, with all the unsavoury implications, and she'd be completely justified in that tirade of hers against all things living and breathing.) They even set up Cheryl's incredible (quite literally) coronation to swiftly cut in the wake to Dany on Greyjoy ships setting sailing for Westeros, not to mention the matching black outfits of regal splendour and female recognition.

All the same, they were careful to remove any potential source of conflict from show!Jaime's relationship with Cersei on the screen, I rather doubt a breakup belongs there with the rest. Far from just grovelling to her and being Cersei's thrall throughout, D&D even had him swear bloody vengeance on their enemies for all time and eternity (just a thought, but Lancel is now dead, and Bronn being right there beside Tyrion in season two, and a witness to his coming clean with the latter about Cersei/Robert, never did go any where to begin with), and generally acting out of place with his book story (see “I’ve lost a hand, a father, a son, a sister, and a lover, and soon enough I will lose a brother. And yet they keep telling me House Lannister has won this war”, as opposed to “We are the only ones who matter, everything they've taken from us we’re going to take back and more.”) Not only that, midway through season six, and in the company of prisoner of the crown Edmure Tully no less, they doubled down, too, and had him compare their sisters favourably, Cersei “burning cities to the ground” in mitigation to be set against whomever dared to touch a hair on her children's heads. Was he trying to make quick end of war, as much as end the siege without bloodshed, sure, but that was uncalled for in any case, and makes no sense whatsoever in the grand scheme of things, quite the opposite. Going out on a limb, perhaps, but Cersei's reaction to news of Tommen's demise, she torched a good half of the city while her son was still alive and kicking, knowing full well what that might lead to, as happened in no short order.

(Something else I just remembered, but Jaime was supposed to go against show!Cersei's wishes when he thought to barge into the sept uninvited, and make it so that the Faith might let Marg go, but who was there to release her anyway, and what was all that about. They should just write themselves into the show, because clearly there's no story to be told...)

And last episode around, we were treated to yet more knowledge of Tyrion being quite intimate himself with the wildfire plot, and the particulars of Jaime's most remarkable investiture in the wake of the grand Aerys debacle, but once more, make no mistake, that was D&D having lost thread of their own canon. (Never mind Jaime opening up to Brienne in season three, apparently he's beeen telling people left and right since the moment of his big return to K, we're meant to infer.) But that's how they gutted Jaime's story with Brienne, he says to Catelyn in Clash, Cersei and Tyrion keep no secrets from him, and he from them, as is their wont, but that's just not true, else why all the hullabaloo over Tysha, and Maggy's prophecy in Feast. Yet Jaime spilling out his soul in a bathtub at Harrenhal, before a girl he barely knew but was desperate to make her like him, well, there was some importance to their encounter in the wake, too.

So Jaime told Tyrion, too, presumably after that most offensive line of dialogue about cousin Orson was over and done with. Off-screen, I suppose, but what's there to exclude the possibilty he let Carol in on his big secret as well? I confess, that would most definitely be a new low for Larry, shooting his mouth off before one that repeatedly threatened to “burn cities to the ground.” (Thrice, I might add, and certainly well within Larry's hearing the first couple of times, but regardless, how to make show!Jaime even less astute, and look the part, too, I wonder.)

The books won't go there, I believe, with Cersei blowing up the sept, and do correct me if I might be mistaken, but didn't Tyrion instruct the alchemists in Clash to remove some of the caches hidden all over the city? Was that ever depicted on the screen, I hardly know myself.

Bottom line is, I wouldn't be surprised if show!Jaime told Cersei, and in the aftermath of a grand explosion feels conflicted, perhaps, thinking he might well be complicit in her actions in some form. We shall see, of course, but I didn't read much more than exasperation from Jaime in that scene where he's swiftly divested of his jetpack to KL and, finally, face to face with Cersei after the short time that has elapsed.

Again, if I'm not completely mistaken, D&D said Cersei's a monster now, yet one that Jaime still very much loves. (He's terrified of her, not angry, that's the key here.) Then, of course, they went on, just hammer it in, that of all the characters, she's by far the most interesting to write for. It is my understanding that NCW also let it drop that there's a chance Cersei might be forgiven in Jaime's eyes, though, granted that would be very nasty, too, she's just fresh off a mass explosion, and more heinous acts.

And another interview of LH, which way the pendulum swings, were Cersei's actions revealed in a light best calculated to make the audience feel for her, but how can that even be.

Truthfully, I wouldn't be surprised if the story goes either way from here on in. Someone has got to prop up show!Cersei, so it's a good bet to suggest Larry should spent season seven glued to her side. Show!Jaime has no story of his own, but twincest has its own never-ending arc instead...

Many are saying that the wall will fall at the end of series 7 but I don't believe that myself.

What is supposed to happen in the North until the end of the season?.

Similarly I don't think the challenge Dany will face is defeating Cersei but in defeating the WW.

Just in terms of where the characters are (Bran is within sight of the wall as one example) I can see the following.

Wall falls early in season 7 and Jon leads the survivors south.

Cersei is about to be overthrown whether by Dany or popular uprising but burns KL first. Jamie then kills her and probably dies himself. 

Euron's role is to attack Oldtown (which everyone expects in the books).

4 hours ago, Danelle said:

I think Jaime already has a reason for breaking up with Cersei without adding infidelity into the mix.

13 hours ago, CrypticWeirwood said:

I agree.  It really doesn't make sense.  And the harp isn't even in the show.

There is floating plot point since season 2 , the faith of R'hllor knows about the-threat-from-beyond-the-wall, Melisandre originally talked about it, even getting Stannis to come to the wall , mainly for that , not so much the Wildlings. She still talks about it , though inconstantly. Season 5 and 6 we have priestesses talking around it and Kinvara bringing it up again.

Someone gonna realize , besides Jon and a few others, what they are talking about?

Either Bran makes it through the wall allowing the NK to pass because the NK touched him when warging. Like inside the 3 eyed Ravens cave. 

Or.......

They could go mental and have Euron's fleet attack Danerys' fleet. During so he thinks he has a trump card with a dragon horn. He blows it but seemingly nothing happens. His fleet are thus decimated by the Danerys' dragons. Little does he know, the horn he actually possessed is The Horn of Joramum. Him blowing it brings the wall down allowing the NK and his army to pass through. A possible bonus may be that an Ice Dragon is revealed to be buried underneath the wall. Seeing as though the Horn of Joramum is said to 'wake the giants of the earth' 

Alienarea, why do you think there will be a sex scene between Sansa and Littlefinger? Sansa hates him and knows he's a creep. She still doesn't trust anyone. 

And Mayura, the reason Sansa "lied" to him, (and I use that word in quotes because I don't know why people use that word. She didn't lie to him because she never said anything to him, she just didn't tell him about the Vale Knights) is because after everything she's been through, she doesn't trust ANYONE. Even the people she loves and cares about. She just feels like she can't since everyone who promised to protect her, betrayed her. So you can't blame her. 

Many posters have remarked that something 'bad' has to happen to Dany because lately it's been smooth sailing (no pun intended).  I favor a plague or flu-like illness.  It happened in the books and I don't think it has happened in the show.  We have hundreds of people confined in close quarters in boats so a flu would spread very quickly.  Dany could land and lose half her soldiers.  That would take her aback some and force her to reckon with this new threat.

Archived