Bronn's fate

I really intrigued to see how they deal with Bronn. He is the only 'straight' character who has never developed. He is still the same as he was in season 1. There has been almost zero character development. He is simply a sell sword looking out for himself, and takes almost nothing seriously. 

His he Jamie' right hand man, and with Cersei now Queen, I would like to see him lead the gold cloaks again, and become part of Cersei and Jamie's inner circle, joining Qyburn and Ser Gregor. 

He would then act as a potential betrayer when Dany arrives in Westeros given his past history with Tyrion. Jamie, aware of Bronn's opportunistic tendencies, would begin to suspect Bronn's loyalty, thus placing Bronn outside his comfort zone and make him appreciate the game. 

I'd love to see Bronn and Jaime remain great friends, up to and through the final battle(s).

Bronn already is part of the inner circle, he says things right to Jaime's face that Jaime would kill other people for saying.

Makes me chuckle, and keeps Jaime grounded.

Also, note that when Jaime chose ONE PERSON to go to Dorne with him, it was Bronn.  Hard core stuff, they are both bad to the bone..

I hope they are great friends until the very end (I've been predicting for years Jaime will die a hero in the final balltle)

Ma

7 minutes ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

I was actually expecting him to get married to a Frey in the finale, how long is he going to keep following Jaime when he has been promised a castle bigger than Stokeworth, and keeps not getting it?

Don't worry, I believe Bronn will live happily ever after.

Jaime, on the other hand, will die in the final battle, I think.

Brienne will cry, the only person to mourn him, and  the ONLY person who knew the real Jaime.

The show ends with Bronn behind a tavern bar, as Mance puts down his lute, "And that's how the Nightking was defeated." Pan around the tavern to see many of the dead and still alive characters all sitting around listening to the song. Fade to black. Roll credits.   

Here is how I envision things proceeding and how Bronn will work into it.

Cersi dies (probably via Arya).

Jamie is in charge of King's Landing since there is no one else of stature in the city.

Team Dany arrives with a depleted force (lost at sea, Euron attacking etc) that just can't take the city by force.

Jamie learns that Tyrion is with Dany.

Jamie uses Bronn and the connection to Tyrion (plus Bronn is a not known to Dany) to broker a deal.  Jamie goes back to Lannisport supporting the Queen.

9 minutes ago, UnGregor said:

Jamie is in charge of King's Landing since there is no one else of stature in the city.

Team Dany arrives with a depleted force (lost at sea, Euron attacking etc) that just can't take the city by force.

Jamie uses Bronn and the connection to Tyrion (plus Bronn is a not known to Dany) to broker a deal.  Jamie goes back to Lannisport supporting the Queen.

Nah, i think we all know is too late for Jamie Lannister the kingslayer. He gotta go down with the ship. He might have dabbled with neutrality but he is not neutral, he is cersei's boy and he has to join her

3 minutes ago, UnGregor said:

Riffing on this. 

Dany arrives at the gates of KL. 

Cersei wants to burn the whole city ala the Mad King. 

Jamie becomes a Queenslayer. 

Jamie opens the gates/surrenders the city. 

Jamie "take the black" and head off with the remnants of the Lannister force to fight the Nightking. 

Bronn gets his choice of assignment appropriate reward. 

16 hours ago, Adam141414 said:

He is the only 'straight' character who has never developed. He is still the same as he was in season 1.

I am not sure what you mean about straight character.

However, other characters that have received no character development are Jon (who is back to being the same emo kid he was at winterfell) Arya (who is the same willful girl she was at winterfell) Tyrion (who is the exact same as the drunk and funny Tyrion we see in season 1. Littlefinger and varys have seen no growth since season 1. Loras (RIP) didn't grow at all since season 1. The Mountain, despite now being a zombie, is exactly the same as in season 1. Cersei has not had any character growth or development since season 1 and while it looked like Jamie might actually have begun getting interesting on the show, nope...he is basically the same as he was in season 1 too..

Bronn's fate is set. Bronn will die. He's a likable character like Grenn and Pip.  First, Bronn's with the Lannisters, but Dany army sweeps KL in an epic two episode battle. After Dany conquers KL, she politics to get Westeros on her side. Bronn will switch sides after Cersei's public hanging or private execution. Everyone that fought against Dany will take the black or  hang.  Dany marries Jamie because he's highborn, and she gains Casterly Rock. Bronn is demoted and sent to the Wall. Team Dany heads North to fight the NK, and Bronn will die fighting for the realm with the last Targaryens Jon and Dany, which one becomes a dead legend and the other inherits the throne. 

1 hour ago, Frimmel said:

Riffing on this. 

Dany arrives at the gates of KL. 

Cersei wants to burn the whole city ala the Mad King. 

Jamie becomes a Queenslayer. 

Jamie opens the gates/surrenders the city. 

Jamie "take the black" and head off with the remnants of the Lannister force to fight the Nightking. 

Bronn gets his choice of assignment appropriate reward. 

I like that.  Working Bronn into it, he will be the one that opens the gates and tells Tyrion what happened.

2 hours ago, Frimmel said:

If the books and series have shown us anything, it is that whenever a villain volunteers to take the Black instead of another punishment it never happens. It's the most broken tradition in Westeros. Eddard Stark was going to take the Black and lost his head. In the books Theon was going to take the Black as offered by those surrounding him in Winterfell, but then that army was destroyed by Ramsay's army and Theon was captured. The crooks that went with Yoren toward the Wall, Arya's traveling companions out of King's Landing, never got there, and came within a Ser Pounce whisker's breath of burning alive. And wasn't there a suggestion that the Hound should take the Black?

And of course, Tyrion was going to take the Black, but he got scheduled for execution instead. There was at least one more case I think. The only villainous character who actually reached the Wall was Jan O'Slynt, but that wasn't voluntary. And he still didn't escape execution.

I haven't read the books and understand that something as consequential as I'm about to suggest would probably have to line up in both universes, but is it possible for Jaime to name Bronn as his heir (unaware of what's going on with Tyrion) and leave Casterly Rock and the Lannister army to him after Jaime has killed Cersei (and himself)?

Two lines of thought regarding Bronn. 

1 - This show has proven that when it stops having need for a character, they waste no time killing that character off. I can't really see how Bronn fits into the major storylines, so maybe his end is near? 

2 - As we get into the final 13 episodes, we know things are going to be intense & fast paced. Even though Thrones has been that way many times over the past few seasons, it's always managed to add moments of levity and tension-breaking. I wonder if they plan to use Bronn in that same way. 

4 hours ago, YOVMO said:

I am not sure what you mean about straight character.

However, other characters that have received no character development are Jon (who is back to being the same emo kid he was at winterfell) Arya (who is the same willful girl she was at winterfell) Tyrion (who is the exact same as the drunk and funny Tyrion we see in season 1. Littlefinger and varys have seen no growth since season 1. Loras (RIP) didn't grow at all since season 1. The Mountain, despite now being a zombie, is exactly the same as in season 1. Cersei has not had any character growth or development since season 1 and while it looked like Jamie might actually have begun getting interesting on the show, nope...he is basically the same as he was in season 1 too..

Guess you don't quite understand what character growth is partner. All of the main characters you mentioned have definitely changed from season 1 and there isn't any need to explain. Loras=who cares and the Mountain???? Dude never even speaks. That's a character who has no need to develop. We don't need a heartwarming scene from him. 

3 hours ago, Lady Stouthearted said:

Bronn's fate is set. Bronn will die. He's a likable character like Grenn and Pip.  First, Bronn's with the Lannisters, but Dany army sweeps KL in an epic two episode battle. After Dany conquers KL, she politics to get Westeros on her side. Bronn will switch sides after Cersei's public hanging or private execution. Everyone that fought against Dany will take the black or  hang.  Dany marries Jamie because he's highborn, and she gains Casterly Rock. Bronn is demoted and sent to the Wall. Team Dany heads North to fight the NK, and Bronn will die fighting for the realm with the last Targaryens Jon and Dany, which one becomes a dead legend and the other inherits the throne. 

Dany will never marry the man who killed her father. Whether he was "mad" or not. That would be a character assassination on the highest level. I can see Jamie taking the black after killing Cersei but I can also see Jamie turning on Cersei and Cersei having Jamie killed or killing him herself and Tyrion doing the deed because despite everything, he loves Jamie most of all. If Cersei kills Jamie, Tyrion is definitely killing her. As for the topic at hand, Bronn...  Bronn and Tyrion will reunite and Bronn could end up leading the Lannister forces in the war vs the Walkers. Hard to say whether he lives or dies. But I can see him living and getting that castle in Lannisport or somewhere else in the West if Tyrion become Hand of the King and Warden of the West. Of course he'll be the commander of Tyrion's forces. 

I get the feeling Jamie is going to leave for Casterly Rock and take it as his seat. He is no longer a Kingsguard, it is his by right. Remember there was a mention of needing to attack Casterly Rock during the discussion of Danny's plans.

I think Jamie is going to put Edmure back in Riverrun and go up north to fight the WWs leaving Cersei to her fate.

I don't think Cersei will stay in KL when Drogon Arrives, I think she will run and take the Iron Throne with her. Meanwhile Sam will find whatever he is looking for in Old Town and head back to the wall. Probably with his father who has heard the news the WWs are true.

Cersei will be killed by the Hound after the real cleganebowl. He is the little brother to the mountain. I expect Arya and the Red woman will be involved. But the Hound will kill Cersei to stop Arya on her path of destruction and also to avenge the murder of the congregants in Baylor sept. That is what the arguing over who had the right to kill the rebel brothers without banners was about.

Bronn will marry one of the Sand Snakes and be kept as studmuffin in Dorn.

Jaime IS NOT the same character he was in Season One.

He SUCKERED Edmure.  He bluffed and fooled him into giving up Riverrun.

In that classic scene between Jaime and Edmure (I also thought the Edmure actor did a great job), Jaime started out by trying to reason with Edmure and trying to find a peaceful solution that way, but Edmure utterly rejected it, throwing Jaime's attempts back in Jaime's face over and over.  So Jaime took a different approach, which was to use the fact that Edmure was totally convinced Jaime was a monster against Edmure, and it worked.

Jaime kept his oath to Catelyn to not make war on Starks or Tullys, and he took Riverrun with NO bloodshed, just like Brienne told him to do earlier in the same episode,

In fact, it was one of Jaime's finest moments, possibly second only to when he went back and risked his own life to save Brienne from the bear in the pit.

I could go on.

Archived