To whom Dany will get married in season 7

Chib

2 hours ago, Johnimus said:

If she dies without a Targaryen heir, then we loyalists riot.

That's the bottom line. The only fitting ending to this show is a Targaryen restoration, followed by a thousand milleniums of peace and tranquility under the glorious banner of the three headed dragon.

I'm joking, obviously, but I know it's a common view that this story can't have a "happy" ending and that it will be bittersweet (per GRRM) but the books are collectively called a song of ice and fire. I suspect that they will end with both Daenarys and Jon Snow alive and well - possibly married - but both will have seen enough devastation and suffered enough loss that neither will be truly happy. The ending of the LOTR was bittersweet, remember - but it's not as if it wasn't happy, too, in it's way. I think Dany and Jon are basically Frodo, who's arc was certainly bittersweet.

The thing is, if Dany is truly barren and she knows about R+L=J she can't marry him or she has to get him to marry someone else too (double wife marriage), because they need to have Targ children. The only way out is to have a political marriage with both having lover on the side and any children Jon might have being adapted as their official children.

Or most likely, them both marrying different people of political purposes and her naming his children as her heirs

On 28/6/2016 at 0:20 PM, Chib said:

Most people think Dany might end up with Jon but I don't think so, now there are some candidates for Dany

1) Tyrion Lannister - if both Cersei and Jamie are done next season, Tyrion will become the only heir for Lannister.

2) Jamie Lannister - if Cersei is done (by Jamie's hand) - BUT he was the one who killed her father. Yes her father was mad but still her father. I don't think Westeros people would welcome the idea of someone marry the man who killed her own father. Dany might execute him.

3) Euron Greyjoy -  they might have shot down this option but who knows, maybe he turns up with the dragon horn and Dany will have to marry him or else she might lose her dragons. 

4) Jon Snow, it is an obvious choice but we all know he is a bit far away from the rest of Westeros so who knows, maybe other candidates have popped up before him.

5) Is there anyone else that can marry Dany in the show that I haven't remembered?

I would prefer if she didn't marry at all.

That said, you assumed she would need to marry after Cersei is gone, while I think allegiances would make it easier / be required now, before the war and in order to win the war and be perceived as a legitimate Queen and not an invasor, not (only) after the war to make the country stable.

So with respect to the pre - war scenario, a marriage with a Lannister would be the most useless marriage of all: Daenerys can't prevent / stop the war / make the war shorter by marrying a Lannister, for it’s not like Cersei would give up her crown in peace if Daenerys did marry Tyrion (whom she hates) or a whoever Lannister (when you play the game of thrones, you win or you die). So with the upcoming war, marrying a Lannister to have bigger chances to win the war and secure the throne would be pretty useless: she needs the allegiance of all the houses but House Lannister, to bring Cersei down and be recognized as a Queen and not as a mere conqueror.

Same, with respect to the post war / post Cersei scenario: after Cersei's demise, Tyrion will be in charge of House Lannister (or Jamie... who will be aligning himself with Tyrion), so Daenerys will have the loyalty of that House, without any need to marry into that family (when Tywin was Hand, it's not like he married Aerys' sister or daughter or relative, as well as Jon Arryn didn't marry a Baratheon.. the House of the Hand is clearly loyal, for obvious reasons).

So, even assuming we have to value potential husbands only in the post war scenario / Cersei's demise:

1)  Tyrion is already on her side, he's her Hand and with Cersei gone, what remains of House Lannister will back him (Jamie included, if he survives; the others, because he's Tywin's son and because he's the Hand. which means power and wealth for the whole family), hence Daenerys doesn't need to marry him to have the loyalty of what will remain of House Lannister

2) Jamie, when Cersei dies (probably murdered by him), either dies as well (so Tyrion will be in charge of House Lannister) or he will align himself with Tyrion (and Brienne): again, Daenerys doesn't need to buy House Lannister's loyalty through marriage

3) Euron is the mortal enemy of Theon and Yara, who are loyal to Daenerys: clearly she can't marry him (and Tyrion would advise her against this marriage): unless Euron comes into play only after Cersei's death (like trying to steal the throne Daenerys has just got), he is the ONLY powerful allegiance Cersei might seek (Starks, Tyrells, Tullys, Martells, etc. are all against her, the Freys are kinda gone, cowards and easily corruptible, etc.);

4) That leaves: Jon, no one, a third option (no Tyrells or Martells because they are already with her, she has to reach out for Houses who are not with her yet). I don't ship the couple at all, but politically Jon would probably be the best option at the moment; through him, Daenerys would have the loyalty of the whole north (and the Vale through Robyn and/or Littlefinger). 

My personal preference would still be for no one tho.

11 hours ago, Chib said:

Most people think Dany might end up with Jon but I don't think so, now there are some candidates for Dany

1) Tyrion Lannister - if both Cersei and Jamie are done next season, Tyrion will become the only heir for Lannister.

2) Jamie Lannister - if Cersei is done (by Jamie's hand) - BUT he was the one who killed her father. Yes her father was mad but still her father. I don't think Westeros people would welcome the idea of someone marry the man who killed her own father. Dany might execute him.

3) Euron Greyjoy -  they might have shot down this option but who knows, maybe he turns up with the dragon horn and Dany will have to marry him or else she might lose her dragons. 

4) Jon Snow, it is an obvious choice but we all know he is a bit far away from the rest of Westeros so who knows, maybe other candidates have popped up before him.

5) Is there anyone else that can marry Dany in the show that I haven't remembered?

It seems to me that Cersei making enemies of all of the major houses in the 7K has made the need for Dany to marry into alliances irrelevant, especially since she's been handed the Tyrell/Martell alliance and both those houses are headed by women. I could see Baelish trying to make a play to marry her though.

13 minutes ago, Captain howdy said:

What about gendry. She could legitimize him and marry the new lord of storms end.... 

Im calling it now Dandry

If the show suddenly popped up Grendy it's kind of ridiculous though. I mean... He is not only a bastard, he also doesn't have any political power and he didn't grow up in noble house, no one should back him up. If they suddenly made him a candidate for IT just because he has Robert's blood it will be horrible. It might be a possibility but it's stupid. 

On the other hand, Indeed if Dany can't give birth again then I am puzzled by her motivation to conquer Weteros. 

Maybe she still has to get married to someone, I don't rule out Euron, he might have the dragon horn and use it against her like blackmail.

Seems pretty obvious that once Dany has arrived, she'll hear the news that there is a new "King in the North". She will probably want to go to war to lay claim to the entire 7K's. But Tyrion will broker a meeting. Jon will tell of the coming real War. I think they'll start to hit us with with Dany and Jon attraction and chemistry. And maybe Dany has been barren but it'll require her to "love" again to break the prophecy. Or maybe even the parts of the prophecy will be fulfilled so she can bare children again...  She just made it clear she didn't love Daario. She'll fall in love with Jon. I personally think they will have some damn good chemistry together. We'll see though. The bittersweet (show) ending could be Dany dying in childbirth at the end. Giving birth to twins. That would make many people sad despite the good guys winning the war because Dany has been a fan favorite. 

4 hours ago, Avimimus said:

The show had the line 'someone, maybe no one'... if you want to go tinfoil and read a lot into that...

Plot twist - Dany marries a Faceless Man?

But with so many of the men dead in the show, the only reasonable option I see is for Dany to marry Jon. As mentioned, she doesn't need to marry a Greyjoy or a Lannister to establish alliances. I don't think Littlefinger will be an option either, not with Varys and Tyrion at her counsel.

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/06/2016 at 4:53 PM, Xarkar said:

North - Jon,

Vale- Little Finger / Sweet Robin

Iron Islands -  Euron (but she has allied with Yara/Theon)

Riverlands -  Freys (dead?)  Lannisters (Jamie)

Westernlands -  Jamie

Storms End - Not sure who rules here now, Cersei / Jamie?

The Reach - Tyrells (Olenna) already allied

Dorne  - Sand snakes, already allied.

So if we were talking a purely politcal marriage, Jamie would probably make the most sense.  She would get claim to the RIverlands, Westernlands, and likely strorms end all in one.

This would leave the North, Iron islands, Vale to fight against her, and we can assume LF would change sides again.  

Of course I have a feeling none of this matters.  She has the army, the dragons and the name

Will be funny when Jon teams up with the Nights King to rid Westeros of Dany the mad after the lets her Dothraki free

I can agree with that... She definitely has the "names" ... Names will get her nowhere... 

I don't understand how a Jon/Dany marriage is so obvious for many poeple.

On 28/06/2016 at 9:30 PM, Masha said:

The thing is, if Dany is truly barren and she knows about R+L=J she can't marry him or she has to get him to marry someone else too (double wife marriage), because they need to have Targ children. The only way out is to have a political marriage with both having lover on the side and any children Jon might have being adapted as their official children.

Or most likely, them both marrying different people of political purposes and her naming his children as her heirs

1. Yesss. Besides, she at least believes herself to be barren. Poeple have been wondering how come Sansa isn't pregnant with Ramsay baby even if she was his wife for what ? A half season or less ?  Dany had been sleeping with Daarrio for 3 seasons and nothing happened so If Dany discovers that Jon is indeed Rhaegar last surving son it would be very stupid for her to marry him if she cares even a little about House Targaryen survival.

2. Jon discovering his true lineage would not make him any less northern than he has always been. He has been raised in the North his entire life, didn't get the name Stark but get all the Stark culture and values and I don't see him accepting to marry his aunt.

On 6/28/2016 at 4:32 PM, Elisabetta Duò said:

2) Jamie, when Cersei dies (probably murdered by him), either dies as well (so Tyrion will be in charge of House Lannister) or he will align himself with Tyrion (and Brienne): again, Daenerys doesn't need to buy House Lannister's loyalty through marriage

The case for Jaime would be to get the bulk of the Westerlands forces on Dany's side prior to Cersei's (or Jaime's) death, leaving only King's Landing (and maybe the Euron Iron Islands) as supporting Cersei.  

Can Tyrion and Daenerys get Jaime to turn completely against Cersei?  He's probably about 90% of the way there on his own, but if he sees that Cersei's rule is certainly are doomed and he wants to prevent further bloodshed, he may align himself with Tyrion and Dany before Cersei's death.

One pro to this is it helps fulfill the part of the prophecy not yet fulfilled - the younger queen who takes all Cersei holds dear.  If Jaime kills Cersei irrespective of what Dany and Tyrion does, then she'll never see either Jaime or the Iron Throne be taken from her.  If Jaime and Dany are allied (married??) when he shows up to valonquar her, the prophecy is entirely fulfilled.

One con is that Jaime has no interest in being king, nor do I think he'd be interested in marrying Daenerys for any other reason.  So as a carrot to get Jaime to join them, it's relatively useless.  And on the other hand I don't think she'd demand it of him.  But it's fun to think about and probably will come up at least as a possibility in the show.  

16 minutes ago, Blueroses said:

I don't understand how a Jon/Dany marriage is so obvious for many poeple.

1. Yesss. Besides, she at least believes herself to be barren. Poeple have been wondering how come Sansa isn't pregnant with Ramsay baby even if she was his wife for what ? A half season or less ?  Dany had been sleeping with Daarrio for 3 seasons and nothing happened so If Dany discovers that Jon is indeed Rhaegar last surving son it would be very stupid for her to marry him if she cares even a little about House Targaryen survival.

2. Jon discovering his true lineage would not make him any less northern than he has always been. He has been raised in the North his entire life, didn't get the name Stark but get all the Stark culture and values and I don't see him accepting to marry his aunt.

Its marrying siblings that Jon would have a problem with. Marrying first-cousins and nephews and aunts or uncles and nieces long been accepted Stark tradition, at least from what I can see in their family tree in the world book. 

So he could even marry Sansa or Arya, if he can get over the whole adopted siblings thing.

On June 28, 2016 at 6:12 PM, Smoke317 said:

Seems pretty obvious that once Dany has arrived, she'll hear the news that there is a new "King in the North". She will probably want to go to war to lay claim to the entire 7K's. But Tyrion will broker a meeting. Jon will tell of the coming real War. I think they'll start to hit us with with Dany and Jon attraction and chemistry. And maybe Dany has been barren but it'll require her to "love" again to break the prophecy. Or maybe even the parts of the prophecy will be fulfilled so she can bare children again...  She just made it clear she didn't love Daario. She'll fall in love with Jon. I personally think they will have some damn good chemistry together. We'll see though. The bittersweet (show) ending could be Dany dying in childbirth at the end. Giving birth to twins. That would make many people sad despite the good guys winning the war because Dany has been a fan favorite. 

I guess that might be right. I wouldn't know though. I think bittersweet might be shaky. What if bittersweet meant Jon and dany wouldn't end up marrying. Or what if Jon puts his valyrian sword through dany's heart and it turns into light bringer, like in the prophecy of Azores ahai. Both those might be bittersweet. I honestly think dany might marry Jamie or tyrion or bran or Euron or sweetrobin or Jon or a combination. Polyandry and polygamy has happened with the targaryens.

On 28. 6. 2016 at 9:30 PM, Masha said:

Logic has left show long ago. Besides, right now as far as Dany knows she doesn't have any convenient nephew and it doesn't stop her from coming to claim the Seven Kingdoms. At most she can hope she will find some distant cousin (Brienne?).

They can sleep together first, and then Dany discovers she has gotten pregnant, so they marry and hope this pregnancy will be successful. After all, Book HotU points towards their relationship being romantic in nature. A blue rose filling the air with sweetness certainly doesn't sound like a loveless political marriage. I know some people think it stands for Rhaegar/Lyanna, but c'mon, this is a set of visions about what's Dany's destiny and how she will feel about it. (And the trio of the silver horse, the corpse on the ship's prow and the blue rose nicely corresponds with the prophecy of mounts to bed, to dread, to love, since the silver took her to her first bedding, Victarion/Euron won't be good news, and the image of the blue rose gives off romantic impression.)

Another option is that Jon can't have children either (since he's resurrected), so any union between them is purely symbolical and won't result in any progeny.

Not to mention, there is no guarantee they will know they are related when they meet.

On 29/06/2016 at 0:12 AM, Smoke317 said:

And maybe Dany has been barren but it'll require her to "love" again to break the prophecy. Or maybe even the parts of the prophecy will be fulfilled so she can bare children again.

I think the prophecy is either irrelevant as such and just talking about impossible/difficult things to happen, this way Daenarys would eventually have children or it's really a prophecy and in this case, he's really unable to have living children because fullfilling the prophecy in a way the she could have children would also mean that Khal drogo will return (or I'm missing something)...

59 minutes ago, Masha said:

Marrying first-cousins and nephews and aunts or uncles and nieces long been accepted Stark tradition, at least from what I can see in their family tree in the world book. 

The only case I find of aunt/uncle marriage to nephew/niece in the Stark family tree goes back a lot of generations ago (Serena and Edric stark), it's not a common pratice but yeah, in both cases, I don't think it was put there accidentally.

As for cousins marriages, it's doesn't count as incest in ASOIAF universe.

32 minutes ago, Vhaegon Targaryen I said:

Polyandry and polygamy has happened with the targaryens.

Are you sure about the polyandry ? I've never heard about it before.

Archived