- Willas Tyrell:

- Euron Greyjoy:

- Victarion Greyjoy:

- Jaime Lannister:

- Martyn Lannister:

- Aurane Waters:

- Jon Snow:

- a Hightower?

I have a feeling that the answer will be no one. She will die before it even comes up.

4 minutes ago, BeeStark said:

Welcome gentleman, this is the Bachelorette. Meet Daenarys Stormborn Targaryen, blah blah blah...

hilarious.

Hopefully the Great Other.

8 minutes ago, BeeStark said:

You can also include Tyrion Lannister on the list

True. There is a theory about it.

5 minutes ago, BeeStark said:

Welcome gentleman, this is the Bachelorette. Meet Daenarys Stormborn Targaryen, blah blah blah...

Good one!

2 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

What are the for and against arguments?

- fAegon Targaryen/Blackfyre:

- Petyr Baelish:

- Trystane Martell:

- Willas Tyrell:

- Euron Greyjoy:

- Victarion Greyjoy:

- Jaime Lannister:

- Martyn Lannister:

- Aurane Waters:

- Jon Snow:

- a Hightower?

You do know she can marry all of them at same time, do you? We all know Targaryen Kings used to marry to more than one wife at same time, so why not a Targaryen Queen marry more than one husband at same time? Think about it, it makes sense, less drama and more important, less blood shed

Truthfully, I would rule out Jaime Lannister and Littlefinger. I'd be interested to see how Littlefinger's plans are thwarted/sped up/carried out/whatever by Dany's presence, but I can't seem him marrying her or pursuing her over Sansa. I really need a re-read, so someone remind me: Didn't Dany vow not to marry for politics again? Or am I just making that memory up? If so, she may very well approve of someone like Willas Tyrell on personal grounds (though she does seem to like soldiers), but she wouldn't marry him or any Martell for political gain.

Anyway, many posters have cited evidence that there will be a romantic relationship between Jon and Dany, including the passage where Jon thinks Val's hair looks silver in the moonlight and Dany imagines her lover as "cold as ice." For what it's worth, I don't necessarily want them to end up together, but I think Jon could be a better candidate than Jaime and a few others on the list.*

3 hours ago, BeeStark said:

LOL.

*This is assuming that somehow both of them get over their hatred for each other's families.

5 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

What are the for and against arguments? Pro Contra

- fAegon Targaryen/Blackfyre: Is backed by the Golden Company, well educated for ruling, probably has Valyrian ancestry, might be the rightful Targaryen heir, seems a sour loser

- Petyr Baelish: Is very clever, has influence in the Vale, is the son of a landed knight, tends to betray people, is obsessed with Catelyn Tully-Stark

- Trystane Martell: Is backed by Dorne, is a prince, some distant Valyrian ancestry, seems to be a nice guy who can accept when others are better than him, is betrothed to Myrcella Baratheon

- Willas Tyrell: Is backed by the Reach, heir to a great lord, seems to be a gentle and intelligent man, is a cripple

- Euron Greyjoy: Is backed by most Ironborn, has ships and maybe a dragon control horn, is a king on the Iron Islands, is far-travelled and knows many things, is ironborn, seems to be a sadist

- Victarion Greyjoy: Might be backed by some Ironborn, commands the Iron Fleet, has maybe a dragon control horn, is ironborn, is violent, is stupid

- Jaime Lannister: Has influence in the Westerlands, is the son of a great lord, has started to become a captable commander, killed Dany's father, is sworn to celibacy, has only one hand, might be obsessed with his sister

- Martyn Lannister: Might have influence in the Westerlands, might become the Lannister heir

- Aurane Waters: Has some ships, has Valyrian ancestry, is a bastard

- Jon Snow: Has influence with the wildlings, has influence in the North, might be the rightful Targaryen heir, probably has Valyrian ancestry, is sworn to celibacy, might be a bastard, is currently dead

- a Hightower: Has influence in the Reach and at the Citadel

- Tyrion Lannister: Could be seen as the Lannister heir, is a very clever, is a kinslayer, is married, is a dwarf

5 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

What are the for and against arguments?

- fAegon Targaryen/Blackfyre:

- Petyr Baelish:

- Trystane Martell:

- Willas Tyrell:

- Euron Greyjoy:

- Victarion Greyjoy:

- Jaime Lannister:

- Martyn Lannister:

- Aurane Waters:

- Jon Snow:

- a Hightower?

fAegon : con, probably won't live long

LF : con, treacherous c**t

Trystane : con, probably won't live long

Willas : pro, suitable

Euron : con, just awful person

Victarion : con, old and dumb with a freaky arm

Jaime : con, he belongs to Brienne

Martyn : con, not powerful enough

Aurane : con, he might be the next Daario but not anything more

Jon : pro, his ice to her fire does go with the theme... ;)

Hightower : con, the Hightowers are historically too grasping

Tyrion : pro, might be Targ and is intelligent - con, unpopular in Westeros (kingslayer, kinslayer etc)

Daario : con, unsuitable

Id like to put forth another contender:

Gerold "Darkstar" Dayne : pro, pretty, possesses a magic sword

13 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Darkstar is also antagonistic to Doran Martell, who will be antagonistic toward Daenerys when he hears about Quentyn. The enemy of my enemy and all that.

Sun and stars and Darkstar both have "star" in them, but that means exactly nothing.

24 minutes ago, Sigella said:

fAegon : con, probably won't live long

Trystane : con, probably won't live long

They are both healthy young men. If you said she shouldn't marry Walder Frey senior or Jon Connington because they probably won't live long, I would totally agree, but what's the reason for Aegon and Trystane?

29 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Id like to put forth another contender:

He's only from a Dayne sideline, though, so a fairly minor noble.

12 minutes ago, Shireen Purratheon said:

Darkstar is also antagonistic to Doran Martell, who will be antagonistic toward Daenerys when he hears about Quentyn. The enemy of my enemy and all that.

Sun and stars and Darkstar both have "star" in them, but that means exactly nothing.

And girls always chooses fire don't they?

1 minute ago, yomi said:

They are both healthy young men. If you said she shouldn't marry Walder Frey senior or Jon Connington because they probably won't live long, I would totally agree, but what's the reason for Aegon and Trystane?

He's only from a Dayne sideline, though, so a fairly minor noble.

fAegons life-expectancy is due to him being introduced late in the story and not being a POV.

Trystanes life-expectancy is due to him not really ever appearing in the books and 

Spoiler

being killed of in the show by the sand snakes

1 hour ago, Sigella said:

Jon : pro, his ice to her fire does go with the theme... ;)

Jon is both ice and fire so he doesn't heen her fire to be ice and fire2

6 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

- Trystane Martell:

The Martells will never give another son for her sake.

4 hours ago, marsyao said:

You do know she can marry all of them at same time, do you? We all know Targaryen Kings used to marry to more than one wife at same time, so why not a Targaryen Queen marry more than one husband at same time? Think about it, it makes sense, less drama and more important, less blood shed

only Aegon the Conquror and Maegor the Cruel had more than one wife and they were among the first kins..... 1st and 3rd....

4 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

only Aegon the Conquror and Maegor the Cruel had more than one wife and they were among the first kins..... 1st and 3rd....

There might have been a few later instances as well. I'd need to look that up... (or make that up, as the case might be). http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Targaryen_Polygamy

Archived