Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

norwaywolf123

Who are powerfull enought to be a future consort?

Religon is important so i think the consort must be faith of the seven as the majority of the populaton follows the religon and outside kings landing they still dominate.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Faith_Militant_uprising

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Maegor_I_Targaryen

Meagor probably was the stronges king militairily and could not beet them and his dragons where much largers than danys.

- Euron Greyjoy:

Religon: Drowned GOd

Rules: The Iron Isles

Experience: Acomplished Sailor, Acomplished Reaver, Acomplished Naval Commander, Has much knowledge of the world

- Jon Snow:

Religon: Old Gods

Rules: House Stark, the North

Experience: Failed Nights Watch Lord Commander, Failed Army Commander,

- Robin Arryn:

Religon: Faith of the Seven

Rules: House Arryn  of the Eyrie, the Vale

Experience: Little

-Jaime Lannister:

Religon: Faith of the Seven

Rules: House Lannister of Casterly Rock, Westerlands, Some of the RIverlands

Experience: Heir, Kinght, Kingsguard, Army Commander, Has been in King Landing for along time so he knows how politics work even tho he havent been intrested before, Was commander during Greyjoy Rebbelion and War of the Five Kings, Smashed the rivermen but lost due to ambush to Robb Stark, Lord of Casterly Rock after Tommen took him off the Kingsguard,

Is it likely that Dany marries Jaime thereby solving the Lannister/Targaryen conflict ala the War of the Roses?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wars_of_the_Roses

- Jaime as Elizabeth of York and Dany as Henry Tudor?

Danny does not follow the seven and nor do they really matter that much.  The only one's that are probably even real are the many faced god, the light/fire god, and the death god. The rest seem to be idols vs being an actual proven deity.  And Jon is obviously going to be the one she marries, they have been setting it up this entire time.

Spoiler

It's no coincidence that we find out that John is the son of the last Targaryen king in the same episode that Danny announces that she intends to use marriage to further her position.

In the show she has two possible matches: Jon and Robyn Arryn. Of course she would pick Jon and he is the only person in Westeros who wears a title equal to hers. Not to mention the North is the largest of all 7 kingdoms. It helps that Dany has Tyrion and Theon beside her. They both know the Starks are good people.  Euron is out of the question. Jaimie is a kingsguard and I don't think Dany would marry the man who killed her father. He is also a Lannister and she knows what they did to Elia and her children.

And let's examine just who Danny is at war with here....

1. Stark of Winterfell, rulers of The North
  2. Tully of Riverrun, rulers of The Riverlands
  3. Arryn of the Eyrie, rulers of The Vale
  4. Lannister of Casterly Rock, rulers of The Westernlands
  5. Baratheon of Storm's End, rulers of The Stormlands
  6. Tyrell of Highgarden, rulers of The Reach
  7. Martell of Sunspear, rulers of Dorne
  8. Lannister of King's Landing

Tyrion is no fool, he will probably instruct them to dock somewhere that wont have a massive fleet waiting for them. And there are only two possible places, The North and Dorne. Docking in the North would be suicide because half of her soldiers would freeze and starve. And the Iron Island Fleet will be close by.

The logical staging area would be Dorne who is an isolated kingdom with a climate that Danny's army is accustomed to fighting on. And here are the groups that will be here enemies, The Vale, Kings Landing, Casterly Rock, Riverrun, Storms End, and the North. Dorne will make an alliance with her because they hate house Lannister that much.

Jon Snow cares more about the White Walkers than politics so that's why I say she will marry him, not to mention his blood line.

I think it's between Jaime, Robin Arryn and Jon.

Jaime is unlikely due the family history and his willingness, or not, to go to war against his sister.

Robin and Jon both bring the remaining neutral (to Dany) regions into the fold. Actually, it would be shrewd for Dany to marry Robin, to bring in the Vale and negotiate with Jon the reincorporation of the North into the Seven Kingdoms in exchange for help in fighting the White Walkers, but I think she'll end up marrying Jon and the Vale will tag along

I think the answer here is clearly Jon Snow. Yes, he's a bastard. But the North is the largest of the seven kingdoms and what better ally than the King in the North.

Sure, Jamie Lannister is a good option, but there is the little problem of the Lannisters murdering almost her whole family and them not being exactly best of friends. 

Tyrion Lannister would be a very good option but he's her Hand. And that would be awkward. Plus Dany might not be into that dwarf action. 

Another good option would have been Trystane Martell, but he's dead. If the other Tyrell brothers were cast in the show, that would have been a good option too. 

6 minutes ago, Ser Gareth said:

I was very worried that her little moment with Tyrion was a bit too tender......

Yep I saw that too... I swear I've been looking for other people that noticed but it seems most people didn't notice the way Tyrion was fixated on her the whole time. 

16 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

Why couldn't Dany marry Tyrion?

Doesn't gain her anything she doesn't already have. Plus the Lannisters might not accept him as rightful heir anymore. Cersei is definitely going to claim the Rock for herself. And Jamie arguably has the better claim to Tyrion even before he was a convicted kingslayer. Jamie is no longer king's guard.

Jon Snow, Jamie Lannister, and Robin Arryn  are the best bets right now. But Jamie's got a whole lot of Cersei baggage.

Jon is probably best bet. Nephewcest +1, Jon may actually be king of the North and Vale? Is that what happened last episode? If so marrying Robin Arryn is a waste. Jon is a two for one deal. The King in the North might also be able to gain the loyalty of the Riverlands if he has the blessing of the Reach, Dorne, Vale, and Dany. Jon would be the King Who Didn't Kneel. Showing his Freefolkishness in the face of another Targarian conqueror.

That would be mean it's everyone against Cersei and Eureon, who aren't really allied but have shared enemies.

Jamie is the second best choice, but there is FAR too much baggage. Killed her dad -1000000. Would make the Starks hate Dany -1. Would make Dorne and Reach unhappy too -2. Jamie's got some weird incest breakup shit going down with the crazy Mad Queen in KL - 10.

Robin -- loser -- might die. Stuck with LF, which Tyrion should know is a disaster. Might be a liege lord to King Snow. Plus side he's manipulable. Has a good army, but it's stuck up North. Zero chance they get below the neck before summer. Longshot - Red Wedding 2.0 where Dany weds Robin and takes Winterfel with the Vale forces already there.

12 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

Why couldn't Dany marry Tyrion?  He has station, and is a Lannister to seal up the rift.  As long as everything's in working order down there (from what I guess, it is), they can have offspring and reign on.

The entire purpose of her marriage would be to advance her standing as ruler of the seven kingdoms. For Tyrion to have any claim to Casterly Rock literally every Lannister would have to be dead, especially the current queen of the seven kingdoms. I think you are forgetting how he killed his father while he was on the toilet.

I agree with you, but the show won't have Jon marry Dany because of the incest.  In the show it seems Tyrion is the most obvious choice (unless Jaime separates from Cersei).   I'm saying this while acknowledging the facts that have been presented above (good points all).  I'm saying that I can see D&D marrying Tyrion and Dany.

7 minutes ago, Mister Stoneheart said:

I agree with you, but the show won't have Jon marry Dany because of the incest.  In the show it seems Tyrion is the most obvious choice (unless Jaime separates from Cersei).  I can see the tv show marrying Tyrion and Dany.

That just sounds like what you would personally prefer to happen. The Targaryan's have always married inside their family.....and the show has already had multiple in family relationships. (Lannisters & Dorne). Tyrion and Danny would be much more repulsive to people than Jon and Danny.

Now that the writers all the sudden even care what people find repulsive...

In fact in the first book Danny is actually in shock that her brother marries her off because she always thought he was going to Marry her.

Contrary to OP's very obvious biases, Jon appears to be the most eligible bachelor in Westeros right now. I want to be clear that I generally take no part in shipping and really don't even like Dany. (though in the S6 finale she grew on me a bit)

That said, I want to address the sentiment that many people have who generally don't like the idea because it's "too cliche". I don't think it needs to be cliche. What if they don't like each other? What if one or both takes a lover? What if Dany dies in childbirth? What if everybody dies except them and they rule over a kingdom of ash and bones? The story doesn't need to be "happily ever after" just because two popular characters wed.

Dany does have two followers with her who are very familiar with the Stark siblings now. Any apprehension might have to come from Jon's side. Maybe due to his finding out they're related. Or perhaps Bran refrains from telling Jon that he and Dany are related in favor of pushing him to marry Dany to prevent an invasion.

However I will say it's exactly the idea that it seems the most politically beneficial and therefor most obvious pairing that I expect somebody to throw a wrench in that potential plan and either prevent it from happening or greatly sour the relationship. Littlefinger for example would likely do everything he can to prevent such a union.

Consider also that dragons may not be a trump card. Bran or someone else may be able to counter them. Dany may not have as much of a power advantage as many assume.

Only Jon Snow.

Euron is no one.

Robin is just a puppet kid that's been controlled by Petyr Baelish.

Varys and Tyrion will warn Dany about the most dangerous man in Westeros as soon as she hears Littlefinger's name. He's out too.

Jaimie and Lannisters don't have any considerable power now and they're the enemies of everyone. So Jaimie is out too.

Dany if she got married to the man who killed her father (Jamie) then the whole Weteros will look down on her and laugh at her. Not to mention Dany herself will never accept that. Don't forget except Tyrion, Lannisters technically killed her father and her niece, nephew, sister in law... It's just pure stupid to pair her up with Jamie. Not to mention her allies (the remains of Tyrell and Dorne) want to finish off the Lannisters too. There is no way Dany will end up with Jamie. It's utterly stupid. 

Euron is a high chance if he somehow gets the true dragon horn. In the book he is like a huge psychopath and super villain but in the show there's not much to show just yet. He is a wild card.

Robin is...a kid. And Vale is not hard for her to invade especially when she has dragons so I don't think Robin is an option to her. If anything, LF and Vale lords would either bend knee to Dany or form an alliance with the North to go against Dany. 

Other men who are not dead in the Tyrell line might be some candidates but the shows don't bother mentioning them at all.

Dany doesn't need any bastard from Robert because they have no political influence.

In short, the North might be the hardest for Dany to conquer if they don't bend their knee. Her army is from a hot weather region, they might fail horribly in the North especially when winter is there. So forming an alliance with the North is a smart choice actually. I'm not sure Jon or Dany will like the idea of marriage to each other. 

I can't tell if Dany is Jon's taste, but he might be her taste. If they actually got married, I don't think they would know of Jon's heritage by that point.

Jamie is the most prudent. She's already related to Jon who controls the North, is allied with the Vale, and probably the Riverlands without the Freys. Dorne and the reach are aligned with her and they don't have male heirs. The Iron Born are independent if Dany keeps his word. 

Literally the Westerlands and Stormlands are the only non aligned regions. The Stormlands doesn't have a clear leader and isn't an enemy of House Targaryen. 

Only the Lannister's remains. Politically it makes the most sense. 

14 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Jamie is the most prudent. She's already related to Jon who controls the North, is allied with the Vale, and probably the Riverlands without the Freys. Dorne and the reach are aligned with her and they don't have male heirs. The Iron Born are independent if Dany keeps his word. 

Literally the Westerlands and Stormlands are the only non aligned regions. The Stormlands doesn't have a clear leader and isn't an enemy of House Targaryen. 

Only the Lannister's remains. Politically it makes the most sense. 

No one except Bran knows Dany and Jon are related at the moment. 

Jamie KILLEd her father, and Lannisters killed her niece, nephew, sister in law... Dany isn't desperate to get married to the one who killed her father. In seven hells, even if her father was horrible and mad, you don't get married to the one who killed him. She will be a laughing stock of the whole world. In fact, she will gain more respect from Westeros people if she burns Jamie alive. 

And her supporters aka Dorne and Tyrell want Lannisters dead. Maybe Tyrion is an exception but they won't fell better unless Cersei and Jamie are skinned alive before their eyes.

Archived