Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

norwaywolf123

1 hour ago, khal drogon said:

She believes marriage is necessary is to unite and consolidate Westeros. But when the Others arrive there will be no need for a marriage alliance. They have to ally to survive. So I don't think she should marry.

I doubt it. D&D would not have this scene if they had no intention of having Dany marry. Besides, Dany is a child of three, and mostly everything comes thrice in her life. Anyone really wanna bet she will have only two husbands during her lifetime? I don't expect it. Even if she doesn't marry for political reasons, she will marry for love.

3 hours ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

I generally agree this is what will happen.  However given that Tyrion / Dany / Daario discussed it during ep 10 I think it is likely that Dany's marriage prospects will be brought up when relevant.  In particular if / when she encounters / is attempting to negotiate with forces led by eligible men (Jaime / Jon / Robyn / Edmure). 

Edmure is already married and has a child. How exactly is he eligable? Do you think he'll leave his wife? She had no part in the red wedding.

On 7/11/2016 at 11:14 PM, Vhaegon Targaryen I said:

Not nessesarily. Book info helps in trying to predict what will happen next in the show. It's the reason there are all the theories that there are.

considering this a part of the books or show is an opinion. This argue meant could be swayed either way

Yes and No.

It's cool to use the books to source things such as locations, army sizes, people we have not seen yet. But there is a look of Book vs Non-book that goes on here. Where something that has already happened on the show will occur then a fan of the books will say something like "Well that's not how it happened! The show is wrong!"

Example, isn't Stannis still alive in the books?

And wasn't there like Targaryen on Targaryen action going on in the books? Danny not being the last one alive...

7 minutes ago, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

Edmure is already married and has a child. How exactly is he eligable? Do you think he'll leave his wife? She had no part in the red wedding.

you're right, I had forgotten his wife existed.  Though who knows, Arya might kill them all or something. 

6 minutes ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

How would she know that?  

It's a little unreasonable to think that every single member of a large family conspired to plan the Red Wedding. Especially the women and children who have had no part of any battle. If she were using the thought process you are suggesting then she would literally have to assassinate every soldier in that kingdom....and every single family member of house Frey.

It's fairly obvious who was responsible for planning it when they are constantly bragging about what they did.

On 7/13/2016 at 2:09 PM, House_Tony_Stark said:

It's a little unreasonable to think that every single member of a large family conspired to plan the Red Wedding. Especially the women and children who have had no part of any battle. If she were using the thought process you are suggesting then she would literally have to assassinate every soldier in that kingdom....and every single family member of house Frey.

It's fairly obvious who was responsible for planning it when they are constantly bragging about what they did.

How ]would Arya know that. She has been in Braavos. Sure she knows the Freys did it and she could guess that the lannisters were involved, but would she know which lannisters? Does she know that Tywin is dead, or that the tullys weren't involved, or about roose and the rest of the northerners. Probably not. She might end up somewhat like lady Stoneheart, killing averyone accousiated with the freys, or even the lannisters. She has killed both walder, black walder, and lothar. Why should she stop there.

13 hours ago, Vhaegon Targaryen I said:

How ]would Arya know that. She has been in Braavos. Sure she knows the Freys did it and she could guess that the lannisters were involved, but would she know which lannisters? Does she know that Tywin is dead, or that the tullys weren't involved, or about roose and the rest of the northerners. Probably not. She might end up somewhat like lady Stoneheart, killing averyone accousiated with the freys, or even the lannisters. She has killed both walder, black walder, and lothar. Why should she stop there.

Oh gee you book people, there is no Lady Stoneheart. There is no budget that would justify Arya staying in the Riverlands much longer than she already had been.  The dramatic effect of killing those responsible there has been satisfied for the average viewer and the show will move on.

13 minutes ago, House_Tony_Stark said:

Oh gee you book people, there is no Lady Stoneheart. There is no budget that would justify Arya staying in the Riverlands much longer than she already had been.  The dramatic effect of killing those responsible there has been satisfied for the average viewer and the show will move on.

You're right. Just like Jaime: Drank, said some home truths, got out of there and arrived at KL all in the same episode.

The BWB are leaving as well. The Hound with them. All moving North. Only eventful moment that might happen along the way would be running into Mel and Arya getting Nym. - That could all happen in 1 ep. There are 13. Why waste a y more time on the Freys? 

Who can Dany marry in Westeros?

Jon, Littefinger, and Sweetrobin. Jaime is also not impossible (if he ends up killing Cersei).

Who will Dany marry in Westeros?

No one. She might plan to, but she won't. She will die a widow.

No hatred though, I just think that her story will end like that.

On July 14, 2016 at 9:45 PM, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

It's really up for her to marry Jon.

Jon? I would assume that as well, however a Jon dany marriage is too predictive and what GRRM strives for in his books and the show is to not be predictable. Even the show producers have said that Jon and dany might be a thing. It's just too obvious. What about the red wedding, or Jon's stabbing, or Ned's beheading. All those were unexpected and had a thrill. Not a Jon dany supercouple.

In my opinion, I never liked the Starks except arya and maybe eddard a bit. I would love for a tyrion dany marriage or a Euron dany marriage. I love the character of Euron, not his behavior or that he is a psychopath, but with the moral complexity and thrill of the character. Tyrion has always been one of my favorites if not the most favorite. He is smart and funny, but flawed and pained. He shows kindness to the vunrebale and the back of his hand to dickheads like joffery.jon is bland and not dany's type either.

On July 14, 2016 at 7:45 PM, Winds of Winter blow cold said:

It's really up for her to marry Jon.

Here’s a telling clue:

Question: When you put all seven of Dany, Tyrion, Varys, Yara, Theon, Missandei, and Grey Worm together on the team bound for the Westerosi reconquista, what's the one thing that sticks out most prominently from that group?

Answer:

Spoiler

______’_   ____ !

Once you’ve filled in the blanks, you’ll have uncovered the surprise solution to the original puzzle posed lo these seventeen pages ago.

Good luck.

• 1 year later...
On 11.7.2016 at 10:28 PM, Iron Mother said:

how can Jaime be useful to Dany with uniting southern kingdoms?  He's a white cloak and has no authority other than what Cercei will give him.  and why does Cercei want to do anything but pour wildfyre on her as she's coming for the WAY usurped throne.  Way MORE usurped as in "my incest children ran things but now I killed everyone relevant and have declared myself First Of My Name".

Dany and Cersei are the FIRST persons that would get to scratching eyeballs.  THE.

Jamie is her puppet.  Would he help Dany just to spite Cercei?  At this point, I do not see her reserving that wildfyre for anyone - especially not for Jaime.  Anything that gets between her and power. 

IS Jaime hot?  I hadn't noticed.  Elaria No One seems more Jaime's speed.  His attractive factors are annoying.  His face was made to be hated and demeanor (much of the time) just adds to it.

Casterly Rock is drained, funny how there is no cash reserve coming out of there but Cersei acts like it is the new Iron Bank of Braavos.

Maybe Jaime can make the westermen forces surrender to Daenerys?

On 11.7.2016 at 11:06 PM, LifeRuiner said:

I think you are forgetting that Jaime killed her father. Dany won't forget that. 

Maybe he can backstab another targaryen :P

Archived